PDA

View Full Version : type s head

kr3w108
11-29-2010, 09:12 PM
My question is , are there any "type s" k20 heads that i cannot use on the k20a3. i know the z3 off of an civic si is a lil dif and cant use it. just dont know the specs.... thx

AKEP
11-29-2010, 10:52 PM
z3 head has a coolant port you need to deal with, which you can use if you get a an rbc intake manifold or tap it and route it to where it should go (which i still dont know where) or you can seal it, but thats janky. i dont think the z1 head has anything like that, correct me if im wrong, so you should be good. just know you wont make much hp out of it. our bottom ends are teh suck, comparativly.

kr3w108
11-29-2010, 11:37 PM
well the type s head wil make more power on our bottom end. im boosted so i need a better head to make more power. i still like my fuel economy so i dont wanna do vtec killer.

AKEP
11-30-2010, 12:11 AM
makes sense. a good tune should keep our mpg up. i know a handful of people personally that are boosted and still get 30+ mpg. the A2 is probably the cheapest way to go. Z1 and an RBC is still justifiable. just money.

talonXracer
11-30-2010, 06:10 AM
well the type s head wil make more power on our bottom end. im boosted so i need a better head to make more power. i still like my fuel economy so i dont wanna do vtec killer.

In actuality the typeS head onto the a3 bottom end is actually slower in the 1/4 mile when NA......But boosted is when the typeS head really shines on the A3 engine.

If you install a Z3 or K24A2 head(07'+ would be my choice) then you will need to address the coolant port on the head, I would just run the RBC mani to deal with that, you will also need to get a K20Z3 head gasket and coolant divertor to run either of these heads on the A3.

Do not forget Kpro!

kr3w108
11-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Yea , im already boosted. Im just looking to make for power. Kpro is already installed !!! i love it would not have it any other way.
In actuality the typeS head onto the a3 bottom end is actually slower in the 1/4 mile when NA......But boosted is when the typeS head really shines on the A3 engine.

If you install a Z3 or K24A2 head(07'+ would be my choice) then you will need to address the coolant port on the head, I would just run the RBC mani to deal with that, you will also need to get a K20Z3 head gasket and coolant divertor to run either of these heads on the A3.

Do not forget Kpro!