PDA

View Full Version : AC Problem and Temperature Gauge problem!!

ebizzle361
11-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Well i changed out my ac compressor and evac'd and recharged the system. I can jump power straight to the compressor and it comes on. I went all the way back to the ecu wire for the compressor and grounded it out and could hear it click. does that cancel out the ecu? or could the ecu still be bad?

Also the temp gauge- I hit a metal cattle guard coming off of post and my alternator fuse popped. That fuse always pops when I bottom out my car. Anyone know why? Anyways the first time i popped it, and i figured out it was the fuse and replaced it, the temp gauge never started working again. I changed out the temp sensor itself (the one under the cam sensors) I know its not overheating cause a mechanic confirmed and I daily drive it with no problems for about 3k miles aready *knocks on wood. I would just like to know from ppl that actually know whats up, what the problems could actually be.

Summary:
-Ac doesnt kick on
-temp gauge doesnt work on the cluster

AUTiger
11-29-2010, 10:53 PM
somebody help this guy out, I wish I knew a damn thing about electrical shit.

Get Fidel to send you his ecu and see if that fixes things. Just load up a basemap for a k20a2, Johnny should have Fidel's tune on file or Fidel should hopefully have a copy too.

talonXracer
11-30-2010, 06:16 AM
First off the EP3 is not a truck, stop bottoming her out! LOL

Remove and clean every connector and ground for the alternator, battery and engine grounds.

Do you have a Helms manual?

ebizzle361
11-30-2010, 11:00 AM
somebody help this guy out, I wish I knew a damn thing about electrical shit.

Get Fidel to send you his ecu and see if that fixes things. Just load up a basemap for a k20a2, Johnny should have Fidel's tune on file or Fidel should hopefully have a copy too.

Thats a good idea, I just wanna try n diagnose it myself before asking them to help me out. Im sure fidel has his tune as well

First off the EP3 is not a truck, stop bottoming her out! LOL

Remove and clean every connector and ground for the alternator, battery and engine grounds.

Do you have a Helms manual?

Hahahahhaha it's the damn cattle guards, they're rediculously high for some reason. I'll make sure to remove and clean all the connectors and grounds. I had a helms manual for the car before my comp took a poop so I'll just have to find it again on this site. I tried a lot of things out and traced the ac all the way back to the ecu, so im thinking the ecu might be the problem for that. But the connectors and grounds could possibly be the problem for the temp gauge??? thanks for the quick responses..

ebizzle361
11-30-2010, 09:23 PM
help me pleeeease