PDA

View Full Version : 25mm Spacers.. to run them or not to ?

ErikDELUXE
11-29-2010, 10:51 PM
What are the pros and cons of running spacers and why? and what is out hub centric ring size? Thanks for the help buddies

bchaney
11-30-2010, 05:20 AM
I'm considering wheel spacers myself. The reason I'm doing so is because the wheels I'm looking at don't come in the offset that I need. So I guess the "pro" to wheel spacers is that they make wheel fitment more flexible.

The only con I've heard is that spacers put more stress on your wheel bearings. It makes sense since you're essentially lengthening the moment arm by moving your wheel outward. 25mm is pretty thick.

I would definitely go with hubcentric and wheelcentric spacers so that the force is on the hub itself and not the lugs. You can also look at wheel adapters which have 2 sets of bolts - one bolts the adapter to the car, the other bolts the wheel to the adapter. Might be the way to go since you need something so thick. This is the site I've been looking at, http://www.motorsport-tech.com/wheel_spacers.html

ep3jd
11-30-2010, 06:52 AM
Do you mean OUR hub bore size, not out? 4 luggers are 57.1, 5 luggers are 67.1

I'm not into spacers but my friend has 2.8" spacer adapters on his sc cobalt and he's fine.