PDA

View Full Version : How to put in motor mounts ?

EP3PMG
11-30-2010, 06:20 PM
i got mount inserts cuz mine wore out. i have no minor idea how to put them in. i'm gonna do it with my boy but i still want a basic idea of what to do. any help ?

ace of spades
11-30-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm in the same boat, my front mount is torn. typing "front engine mount" into the search bar led me to some links, but I didn't save them. I suggest you give it a try.

TXEP3
12-01-2010, 06:42 AM
Having taken my engine out and put it back in three times (replacing the mounts once), I personally think the best way to change the mounts is to just disconnect everything, hoist up the engine and replace them all at once. This would mean (among a few other things) flushing the coolant, but for most people it's probably about time to anyway usually. Of course I only say this cause I've gotten pretty efficient at pulling the engine. If you don't want to do all that, you can certainly just use the hoist to support the weight of the engine as you swap them individually. GL with the tranny mount though if you do that. It's the biggest pain in my opinion.

TXEP3
12-01-2010, 06:45 AM
So I didn't fully read what you said, just the title pretty much. I haven't done inserts before, but I say screw that anyway. Pick up some Hasport mounts. Yum. That's what I have.

sugie
12-01-2010, 08:35 AM
I used this DIY on k-series: http://k-series.com/tech_document.php?id=12

ImportCustomx
12-01-2010, 10:43 AM
this shoudl be posted in the engine section of the forum