PDA

View Full Version : sorry to play this out , but jus introducin self

Eric55inSacCA
07-17-2002, 02:22 PM
im juiced to find this website.. i used to check out that 7thgen site when i had one of those, but never cared to get into it really. im brand new here and to posting on message boards... message board virgin i guess. i live up in sacramento, ca so its good to be able to see others with the same type of car since i have only seen two here and one i knew the person.

before gettin p-whooped on this car during a test drive and tradin in my 2k1 civic ex (good lookin but slow car) that i had done some mods on...i owned 95 civic ex, 99 si, 2k mustang, 65 stang, and 66 convertible stang...... and i hvae to say this car has been the most fun to drive and look at so far... i may be a homer , but im lovin this new SI.

look forward to gettin info on this car and learnin bout these imports more and more!

SmoothOperator
07-17-2002, 02:50 PM
welcome aboard eric. :)

NetDragon
07-17-2002, 02:51 PM
Welcome.. Do not forget to check out the thread on local Nor-Cali & So-Cali Si Owners. We are working on getting a car club together for CA. Congrats on your Si. I am sure you will love it as much as I love mine.

SLOlife
07-17-2002, 03:08 PM
Wow another si in Sac I thought I was the only one. What color is your car so I can look for you?

Where in Sac do you work/live? I live, work and go to school all around the Sacramento area so the chances are I will be around your area. I would consider myself a "message board virgin" also, I look all the time but rarely never post. But I am glad I found this board the night of my purchase.

Eric55inSacCA
07-17-2002, 03:43 PM
i live out in greenhaven/pocket area, but am out near sunrise area alot cuz of friends out there.... yeah i bought mine out in autowest honda in roseville back before this site came up so i didnt have the benefit of knowin how good a car this is....ohhh duh mines satin silver what bout yours??

SLOlife
07-17-2002, 03:52 PM
That is cool I bought mine on july 1st from autowest too. I have the satin silver color as well. I live around the auto mall. Maybe I will see you around, I often drive sunrise. Off subject a little, but where do you go to get performance parts?

Eric55inSacCA
07-18-2002, 10:40 AM
well so far no where.... i never modded the 95 cuz i had no idea bout all that scene... and wit the stangs i jus went to american mustang and sacramento mustang... the 2001 ex i got parts from guy at les schwab that would call round for me, but they are a rip off and the 99si was an exs and i wuldnt give her any damn money to do anything to her car lol.... what bout u?? yeah ill look for ya on the road ways.. its good to know others out there

SLOlife
07-18-2002, 10:59 AM
The reason I ask was that when I came back to Sac for the Summer and went to see what was available but some of the places I knew of were closed. With my old 240sx I bought an intake and exhaust from motorsportsdynamics, like the guys and the prices were alright. Ended up puting a header, intake, exhaust on cam gears on a friends 92 si, all from them.

Eric55inSacCA
07-18-2002, 02:25 PM
right on...ive wanted to go check that place out but never have...im curious to see what the prices are going to be like for things for this car in our area... have u checked anything out yet for yours??

SLOlife
07-18-2002, 04:07 PM
Seeing as I only work for 1/4 of the year and have a car payment and doubled the price of my insurance my funds are low:( . But at the moment I still have my 240 and plan on possibly tracking that car, and leave the si for a realiable fun daily car:D . Getting the windows tinted tommorow:) so after that I will probably only do audio upgrades.

slowcivic4now
07-18-2002, 04:38 PM
Hey Eric55 since the 6th gen Si owners look down so much on the EP's, I want to ask you what difference there is between the 99 Si you had and your new EP concerning performance? Thanx.

Eric55inSacCA
07-18-2002, 06:07 PM
well id say the biggest difference to me is the low end torque...the interior and actually design overall... i mean thats what makes owning this car unique is that the Si actually means somethin..its not jus the same car inside that everyone else has (meaning coupe) it has its own design, interior and exterior... i am used to driving older more high torque cars and i love the handling of this car which whoops up on the old si and like i said the fact u dont have to wait for the engine to catch up to the gas peddle and give u whiplash and knock your drinks over!!:) i jus enjoy drivin this one more.. more comfortable and jus what i wished the other Si to be... the grips some have are nit picky and what id call being "straigh haters" Dont let em fool u .. if they had the money they would have one too... well maybe!

Eric55inSacCA
07-18-2002, 06:09 PM
by the way SLO im feelin u on the money.. i go to school full time and dont have moms and pops to buy my car stuff so im totally down wit taking the time to work up the car.. and let me know how the windows looked.. i was three seconds away from doin mine

smapzy
07-18-2002, 07:05 PM
Eric, you got a 66 convertible Mustang? Man, I always want one of those! Did you built it yourself or bought it? I want to build one myself, and it's gonna be my next weekend project.....um...maybe after I pay off my Si first...lol

Eric55inSacCA
07-18-2002, 07:31 PM
i got lucky and some girl that i new..well her grandparents had it sitting in their garage (yeah one of those stories u hear about)... it had been sittin for years so it had a lot to be done... well as i got into fixing it up there were things i noticed that were jus not kosher and made me feel it was not worth it to me to spend the cash on so i sold it and made a major profit and bought my civic slowex i men ex which i got rid of to get this car

let me tell ya.. nothin , i mean nothin beats riding round town in one of those with the top down hearin the dual flows and gettin looks all over town.....itd be way worth it to do.... i did all the work myself so if u are ever into it let me know!!! i gotta lotta love for those cars!!