PDA

View Full Version : whats a good a setup?

kale's blue ep3
12-01-2010, 09:54 PM
For around 500 dollars?
no racelands please, I was thinking lowering springs with a camber kit or lowering springs with shocks? I just want a 1.5in drop

PatrickJamesYu
12-01-2010, 11:17 PM
at that price you could probably get tokico blue's with some springs at whatever drop you need.

I personally don't like the tokico blues,
but they are pretty affordable

later along the road you're probably want to get a rear camber kit
just to fix some natural camber that will happen after the drop
Save your tires, and performance

MBaG
12-01-2010, 11:22 PM
what's wrong with racelands?! hater! haha jk. i've heard good reviews about progress springs, and if i remember correctly, they give around a 1.5 inch drop.

kale's blue ep3
12-02-2010, 03:58 PM
ha are you on racelands? Maybe racelands and a camber kit? I just lookrf them up and i saw great reviews for a dd

SandBagger
12-02-2010, 04:09 PM
you are at a good saving point. i would continue until you can afford the suspension you really want. things you will need as stated a rear camber kit. I would get that at the same time as the suspension. No point in doing things twice.

I will be honest with you here, I got a set of Tein basics and ignalls rear camber kit. I also put on a TypeS rear sway bar....much better than the Ep3 rear sway bar. This set up was all I could of ever needed for a street set up and 3 weekend track events a year. After driving the car on the track, I found out that I would never be able to get the full use of the Tein suspension on the street. I mean no way unless I was hanging some crazy line on an exit ramp doing over 120mph.

The ep3 has a great stance and 1.5" is the best drop you can safely go with w.o having exhaust dragging issues and is what I had for road course driving. So whatever suspension you go with do not go cheap, just something proven and go from there. Really, it is hard to get the full use of an aftermarket suspension. I drove my ep3 with a stock suspension at VIR and it suprised me how well it did. After the Tein basics I was good for many years on the road course until my driving abilities out grew the suspension.

kale's blue ep3
12-02-2010, 04:27 PM
yeah i put alot of miles on my car I need something that is comfortable. Thanks dude for your input did you have any other suspension setups? LIke ep3's look good slammed but i could never do it because around where i live the roads arent the greatest. but i still want my ep3 to look good.

MBaG
12-02-2010, 04:53 PM
yea, i'm on racelands. & EVERYBODY that rides in my car tells me it's really smooth. [i'm on 17's and i have no wheel gap all-around]

it all depends what you plan on doing with your car.

Passenger
12-02-2010, 05:15 PM
yea, i'm on racelands. & EVERYBODY that rides in my car tells me it's really smooth. [i'm on 17's and i have no wheel gap all-around]

it all depends what you plan on doing with your car.

Man why'd you have to say that. I've been wanting to sell mine for like 3 weeks, now you shook me all up on considering it. :rant:

MBaG
12-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Man why'd you have to say that. I've been wanting to sell mine for like 3 weeks, now you shook me all up on considering it. :rant:

wanting to sell your set of racelands? i'd only get rid of my racelands if they were blown or something. the clunking went away, and everything seems smooth. & for $300, it's a bomb deal to me. especially since i'm not seriously tracking my ep.

Drew1d
12-03-2010, 08:14 AM
$500 is a tight budget, Even if you do the work yourself, and buy used parts. $500 is like a budget just for the shocks.

theyb
12-03-2010, 08:30 AM
What is your goal?

You get what you pay for is what i always say.

Like what the previous poster said, 500 is a tight budget for new shocks and springs. Maybe for some new tokico blues and used springs, but I won't recommend them.

Passenger
12-03-2010, 03:54 PM
wanting to sell your set of racelands? i'd only get rid of my racelands if they were blown or something. the clunking went away, and everything seems smooth. & for $300, it's a bomb deal to me. especially since i'm not seriously tracking my ep.

Yeah, just considering cause I could use the money.