PDA

View Full Version : Just got into an accident. Need ideas on replacement parts

drjd888
12-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Got into a little rear ender this morning, sucks... but I'm probably not gonna go through my insurance. So I'm looking for ideas on replacement parts. I know a guy who can fix the car up with stock pieces, but if I can get some upgraded parts for the same price then I'm all for it.

I'll definitely be needing a new hood and headlights. Bodyshop should be able to save the bumper. My radiator support bar is fubar and my TB might be damaged from the hood latch.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m49/drjd888/015.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m49/drjd888/014.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m49/drjd888/013.jpg

Kerby
12-02-2010, 11:35 AM
you got REALLY lucky! only headlights and hood.

drjd888
12-02-2010, 11:40 AM
you got REALLY lucky! only headlights and hood.

Yeah I guess so. I ran into a Jeep Renegade (a little bigger than a Liberty) at slow speed. Their spare tire is what did most of the damage.
There really wasn't damage to their car, just 2 very small scratches on their bumper:
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m49/drjd888/007.jpg

SandBagger
12-02-2010, 11:48 AM
wait until u hear from insurance first. thye might have a policy as to what you an replace in the matter of how much they are willing to cover

theyb
12-02-2010, 01:20 PM
"not going through my insurance"

why?

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
12-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Wow that jeep pretty much has no damage at all. Did you and the owner exchange info or was the guy cool out about cause there was no damage to their car?

PatrickJamesYu
12-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Usually reason for not going through insurance is cause the insurance shoots up from there
and it varies upon age and driving record

well now you can get ctr projectors and a fiber hood :D

theyb
12-02-2010, 01:33 PM
I understand. I should have asked a different question on how much his deductable is and his age, but I guess he is set on not going through insurance.

drjd888
12-02-2010, 01:35 PM
"not going through my insurance"

why?

Usually reason for not going through insurance is cause the insurance shoots up from there
and it varies upon age and driving record

well now you can get ctr projectors and a fiber hood :D

Yeah pretty much what Patrick said. The car is at the shop right now, just waiting on the estimate. If its not too much I'll just avoid the insurance claim and increased rates, especially since there are multiple cars on the same plan. The owner of the Jeep was cool, but we exchanged info just in case.

I'm looking at DEPO projector headlights right now. Trying to find some long term reviews on them. I can't stand it when moisture gets into the housing.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
12-02-2010, 01:39 PM
The depos are pretty good headlights for the price. A buddy of mine who is on the forums got one of the first sets from Wayne from SSR about 2-3 years ago. He has had no leaks and said they have been great. Of course after a few years the headlights start to get hazy on the outside.

theyb
12-02-2010, 01:39 PM
I got you. I thought I saw a depo lights for sale in the FS thread, might want to look at that.

sleepy ep3
12-02-2010, 01:44 PM
You are lucky. I would do jdm projectors. Do it once, do it right. I wouldn't bother with carbon hood tho, not really that much weight savings. Put the spare cash in the motor

drjd888
12-02-2010, 05:14 PM
I got you. I thought I saw a depo lights for sale in the FS thread, might want to look at that.

Thanks, I'll take a look but I think theyre the normal non projector type.

You are lucky. I would do jdm projectors. Do it once, do it right. I wouldn't bother with carbon hood tho, not really that much weight savings. Put the spare cash in the motor

JDM = $800, which is out of my budget to fix the car. Since I already have HIDs I was thinking of getting the DEPO projectors.

EPSU3
12-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Damn dude. There was just an article on cnn today about the increased number of SUV's on the road has been leading to a much higher rate of cars being totaled due to uneven bumper height. I guess this is an example.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
12-02-2010, 08:35 PM
JDM = $800, which is out of my budget to fix the car. Since I already have HIDs I was thinking of getting the DEPO projectors.
Just letting you know Depo headlights use an H1 bulb for the low beam. Stock 04-05 headlights use a 9005 bulb so you would have to get a new set of HID's

KrypTOniTE
12-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Dam dude that jeep did that?? that Suckss ... we should meet some time. I'm around the UCF area some times and I live by universal
I was also interested in the depo's.. Hopefully i can see them in person.

sleepy ep3
12-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Thanks, I'll take a look but I think theyre the normal non projector type.

If you pay full dealer price for jdm headlights, you are crazy. I have seen them on here for as cheap as $400.

drjd888
12-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Damn dude. There was just an article on cnn today about the increased number of SUV's on the road has been leading to a much higher rate of cars being totaled due to uneven bumper height. I guess this is an example.

I saw an article on Autoblog about that today as well. My situation is definitely a prime example of that.

Just letting you know Depo headlights use an H1 bulb for the low beam. Stock 04-05 headlights use a 9005 bulb so you would have to get a new set of HID's

Aww crap...thanks for letting me know. Does the JDM version use the H1 for the low beam as well?

Dam dude that jeep did that?? that Suckss ... we should meet some time. I'm around the UCF area some times and I live by universal
I was also interested in the depo's.. Hopefully i can see them in person.

Yeah I go to UCF so I'm there Mon-Thurs.

If you pay full dealer price for jdm headlights, you are crazy. I have seen them on here for as cheap as $400.

I haven't seen any lately, but I'll keep an eye out for some. Being on a time constraint won't help, gotta get my car fixed asap.

vbpracer
12-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Check out ebay and amazon, they are selling depo projectors for 200 shipped, really cant beat that. 04-05 no conversion harness needed I think, but for 02-03 you do?

ep3steez
12-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Glad you're ok and it looks like the EP should have a relatively cheap repair.

P.S. if you want depos, I have them in my F/S thread. Bought off the site vendor Speed Star Racing. Only used for a couple weeks.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
12-03-2010, 01:28 PM
The JDM halogen's use an H1 the JDM HID version uses a D2S bulb i believe. What a lot of people are doing is buying the depo headlights and swapping in a set of TSX projectors with D2S bulbs.

/-/O/\/D/\ EP3
12-04-2010, 07:56 AM
too bad i sold my LHD EDM R projectors...i wouldve sold 'em to ya brah....

Hajdoki_Ep3
12-04-2010, 09:56 AM
JDM/EDM lights FTW :)

As for the hood, if going carbon fiber I like white ep3s with clean look, (so white hood with 2 square vents on each side) cant remember the make of the hood but thats my fav

04EP3Hatch
12-04-2010, 01:31 PM
my depo's lasted 2 days before moisture entered, then 2 days later the harness they sent me crapped

drjd888
12-04-2010, 07:53 PM
The JDM halogen's use an H1 the JDM HID version uses a D2S bulb i believe. What a lot of people are doing is buying the depo headlights and swapping in a set of TSX projectors with D2S bulbs.

Hmm...I'll see what I can find. If nothing comes up I'll just stick with stock headlights and my current HIDs, which I've been very happy with.

JDM/EDM lights FTW :)

As for the hood, if going carbon fiber I like white ep3s with clean look, (so white hood with 2 square vents on each side) cant remember the make of the hood but thats my fav

I don't think the carbon fiber hood would be worth it for me. I think you're referring to the Mugen style hood.

my depo's lasted 2 days before moisture entered, then 2 days later the harness they sent me crapped

I've read 2-3 years then 2 days...lol thats not good. Thanks for the info, I'll keep it in mind.