PDA

View Full Version : Urgent: Snapped off Trail Arm endlink attachment

Hajdoki_Ep3
12-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Ok so my right trail arm's endlink connector holding the endlink to the trail arm snapped off. (Don't Power Gun endlinks to ur trail arm was the lesson)

Anyways, I looked for a used trail arm and found a 2002 JDM one at a local JDM store so i bought it off them. I looked at both trail arms and they look exactly the same. Now before I make the journey to get everything put on I have a few questions....

- Will the JDM trail arm fit (stock everything)
- Do I need to run a sway for winter? I will be doing some winter rally racing and my friend told me to align the car for now without sway bar, then get the new trail arm on in the spring when i upgrade suspension?

I have pics of what exactly happened that I will post up later. hopefully I get someones input before heading out to the shop tomorrow

RedSiBaron
12-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Ok so my right trail arm's endlink connector holding the endlink to the trail arm snapped off. (Don't Power Gun endlinks to ur trail arm was the lesson)

Anyways, I looked for a used trail arm and found a 2002 JDM one at a local JDM store so i bought it off them. I looked at both trail arms and they look exactly the same. Now before I make the journey to get everything put on I have a few questions....

- Will the JDM trail arm fit (stock everything)
- Do I need to run a sway for winter? I will be doing some winter rally racing and my friend told me to align the car for now without sway bar, then get the new trail arm on in the spring when i upgrade suspension?

I have pics of what exactly happened that I will post up later. hopefully I get someones input before heading out to the shop tomorrow

i say fix it, that rear sway will help a lot with rotation for rally racing...my guess would be it will plow like a mother fucker without it...

and yes the links are the same, just replace them...i have a suggestion when you put them back on, just hand tighten them up and after they are on, get some waterproof grease and wipe it on the threads and in the allen hole on them, then put a rubber plug over the end...you can get them in a box from any autoparts store...ive had mine on my endlinks for probably 3000 miles now and i havnt lost one, and what i love the most is when i go to remove them the next time, there wont be any corrosion on the threads or in the allen wrench end and so i will be getting them off...:mwink: