PDA

View Full Version : RedSiBaron - 02 TW OEM+Mugen - Cincinnati, Ohio

RedSiBaron
12-03-2010, 11:59 AM
RedSiBaron, Cincinnati, Ohio
OEM+Mugen Build (the ideal ep3 for me from US, UK, EU, JP)

All my OEM and Mugen parts are authentic and installed in a perfect oem fashion. This is very important to me and my build.

Engine/Transmission/Drivetrain:
- Mugen Intake
- ITR Header
- Mugen Twin Loop Exhaust
- Mugen reservoir Socks
- Mugen Oil Cap
- Mugen Radiator Cap
- Type R Silver Plug Cover
- Type R Intake Manifold Cover
- Avid Racing 60a rear and driver mount 70a passenger mount (talon special)
- Corsport Shifter Bushings
- Type S/Type R axles
- Custom Oil Catch Can

Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires:
- Koni Adjustable Struts
- Progress Racing Springs
- Hotchkis Rear Camber Kit
- Type R Rear Swaybar
- Type R Front Swaybar
- Hotchkis Endlinks Front and Rear
- Type S/Type R Brakes
- PBR Metalmaster Semi-Metallic Brakepads
- Brembo Blake Rotors Front and Rear
- Type S/Type R Brake Proportioning Valve
- Type S/Type R Brake Master Cylinder (15/16)
- Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines
- Moog Lower Balljoints
- Koyo Wheel Bearings
- 02-04 RSX 16" Wheels painted with Duplicolor Satin Black Wheel Paint
- Goodyear Eagle GT Tires 205/50/16

Exterior:
- Type R Red Emblems Front and Rear
- Type R Front Bumper
- Type R Front Lip
- Type R Front Rebar
- Type R Side Skirts
- Type R Rear Bumper
- Type R Rear Lip
- SSR Modded Rear Rebar for JDM bumper (thanks wayne!!)
- Type R Wing
- Type R Ion Yellow Fog Lights
- Type R 02/03 Taillights
- Type R 02/03 Headlights
- Luminics Pure White Bulbs
- Rally Armor Mudflaps
- Removed front Si badge and i-vtec decals

Interior:
- Type R Shift Knob
- Type R Shift Boot
- Corsport Red H Steering Wheel Decal
- JDM coin holder (i actually needed this for parking haha)
- Broadway 270mm Flat Chrome Mirror
- Pioneer 200w headunit (dunno what model)
- Pioneer 3 way speakers in front
- Alpine 2 way speakers in rear

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/263786-1/2010-11-21_15-18-22_696.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs372.snc4/45536_154789524531272_100000006765515_499884_76551 82_n.jpg

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/242422-2/IMG_2671.JPG

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/213648-1/whiteEP2.jpg

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/213645-1/whiteEP.jpg

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/213642-1/siinterior.jpg

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/206413-1/IMG_1522s.JPG

twin loop
http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/210142-1/IMG_1628s.JPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4-Zo0aQmuA

FoReVaPmP
12-03-2010, 12:06 PM
:msmile: SEX!

RedSiBaron
12-03-2010, 12:11 PM
:msmile: SEX!

no no no, you are Golan, you are :mbiggrin:

wilpezash
12-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Nice!! Great job man.

FoReVaPmP
12-03-2010, 12:17 PM
hahahahaha........ make sure you take new interior pics when you get... yo "Knob" :hay:

jed_averill
12-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Jealous. Everytime as usual.

RedSiBaron
12-03-2010, 12:24 PM
hahahahaha........ make sure you take new interior pics when you get... yo "Knob" :hay:

of course you want to see my knob...:hay:

Thanks guys i appreciate it!

access to my online album is down so I am unable to post some of my newer pictures right now :mrolleyes:

slate13530
12-03-2010, 12:31 PM
sexy!

chrismacmx
12-03-2010, 12:47 PM
nice ride !!

MugenReplica
12-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Love this Ep3!! I drove it at my last meet and IMO this has the best NON-coilover suspension I have felt/driven on an Ep3. It rode and seemed to handle better than my Mugen SS, my Tokico/Eibach combo and my Neuspeed Race/Tokico setup. Plus the HFP and other Progress setup I drove from other members as well.

RedSiBaron
12-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Love this Ep3!! I drove it at my last meet and IMO this has the best NON-coilover suspension I have felt/driven on an Ep3. It rode and seemed to handle better than my Mugen SS, my Tokico/Eibach combo and my Neuspeed Race/Tokico setup. Plus the HFP and other Progress setup I drove from other members as well.

Thanks john, I appreciate it! It took a while to get it right...I definitely don't want to run a different setup...I went that direction because short of getting an oem type r suspension I felt that it was the closest to an oem performance ride and height...the progress spring rates are pretty close to oem type r

Hasbro
12-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Wow, Charles, didn't realize you'd done so much. Very nice.

I realize you have Progress springs, do you know the measurement from the fenders to center wheel? Any future plans?

h1coupe
12-03-2010, 05:41 PM
nice. love white hondas :) nice mods...

RedSiBaron
12-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Wow, Charles, didn't realize you'd done so much. Very nice.

I realize you have Progress springs, do you know the measurement from the fenders to center wheel? Any future plans?

No I don't know the measurement but I can check it...as for future plans you'll have to just wait and see haha...just think eu type r interior pieces and a japanese engine :mwink: maybe some mugen bits on the interior and exterior. :mbiggrin:

Tnhatch03
12-03-2010, 07:23 PM
lovin it man!

tw > (insert anything here)

RedSiBaron
12-03-2010, 08:01 PM
lovin it man!

tw > (insert anything here)

Haha of course you would say that...

See im trying to find a clean red 86si hatch to replace my old one, but there's a strong chance ill find a clean tw one, and I wont lie, I wouldn't mind it at all haha...

usedep3
12-03-2010, 11:38 PM
i don't know exactly what it is but i love it. bump for a cool dude

Type_R_Nammer
12-04-2010, 01:28 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs951.snc4/74440_10150089802758760_507998759_7288904_6367716_ n.jpg

Can i be your twin with 25% of your parts?

Your car looks sick!

ace of spades
12-04-2010, 10:23 AM
still looks great Charley

skoolnu
12-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Super clean Charles!

POOPTOOTH
12-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Thats a hell of a mod list, nicely done sir!

charles
12-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Charles, great name and great car. oem goodness

RedSiBaron
12-04-2010, 12:49 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs951.snc4/74440_10150089802758760_507998759_7288904_6367716_ n.jpg

Can i be your twin with 25% of your parts?

Your car looks sick!

haha thanks, i mean, your car could be my twin, but technically my cars twin was killed by a dumb bimbo on her cell phone last year :mfrown:

still looks great Charley

Super clean Charles!

thanks guys! im starting to realize just based on this thread how many people on ephatch ive met haha

Thats a hell of a mod list, nicely done sir!

thanks dude, just wait, this list will hopefully almost double in the next year if i can get this job and finish some side work...oh AND get a beater haha, im trying to replace the car as my dd right now, and i was trying to do it before the first snowfall of the year but it got 4 inches dumped on her this morning :mfrown:

Charles, great name and great car. oem goodness

thanks Charles! :mbiggrin:

BaLisTek
12-04-2010, 01:21 PM
sell me ur spare setup... u know what i mean hehe =)

RedSiBaron
12-04-2010, 01:29 PM
sell me ur spare setup... u know what i mean hehe =)

Haha well since I sold you the 04/05 bumper I havnt been able to get a single piece of my "spare setup"...I got the oip but it was damaged and found out it was a replica...plus i havnt had a ton of spare cash for the last year

POOPTOOTH
12-04-2010, 02:46 PM
thanks dude, just wait, this list will hopefully almost double in the next year if i can get this job and finish some side work...oh AND get a beater haha, im trying to replace the car as my dd right now, and i was trying to do it before the first snowfall of the year but it got 4 inches dumped on her this morning :mfrown:

I hear ya man, my EP should be paid off completely next year. Then its time to park it and get a 'normal' dd. Having the EP as my only car really limits what I want to make happen. Looks were on the same page!

RedSiBaron
12-04-2010, 03:04 PM
I hear ya man, my EP should be paid off completely next year. Then its time to park it and get a 'normal' dd. Having the EP as my only car really limits what I want to make happen. Looks were on the same page!

ya i totally understand, i did more to the car then i intended when i bought the car. i expected to leave it stock as a dd, but i cant leave shit alone, plus it all started when i found the deal on my 7 type r body parts...1k bnib shipped...so i could pass it up and then it just went from there haha

skoolnu
12-05-2010, 09:37 AM
thanks guys! im starting to realize just based on this thread how many people on ephatch ive met haha

Will we see you in NY again? Ill take you and your boy out for a stromboli. lol

RedSiBaron
12-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Will we see you in NY again? Ill take you and your boy out for a stromboli. lol

haha ya im planning on making it as many times as i can! haha my buddy will probably hate your stromboli because hes too picky with his food :mrolleyes:

maybe at some point ill bring my 86si if i can ever find a perfect west coast chassis

02TWSI
12-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Weren't you coming to cali a few months back? Nice car its come a long way

RedSiBaron
12-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Weren't you coming to cali a few months back? Nice car its come a long way

thanks man! considering it was bone stock honda certified when i got it, its come a ways... ya i ended up out in cali with friends in westwood, then with a lady friend in san diego, ended up not needing to kill time or find a place to crash (didnt really plan super well haha)...i was hoping to find a really nice 86-87si while i was out there but didnt find one ah well...

gtimportfanatic
12-06-2010, 04:38 PM
hey guy. wats up.. love the car dude. hope i aint gotta wait til IA to see it again.

RedSiBaron
12-13-2010, 12:22 AM
hey guy. wats up.. love the car dude. hope i aint gotta wait til IA to see it again.

hey man whats up! i should be bringing the car down to atlanta for the spring IA meet! i probably wont have my car at summer IA if all goes according to plan (ill have 1 or 2 other of my creations there :mwink:) but thats quite a few months off heh

UPDATE, well not really an update, but a few fun pics of the ep and the crz added to page 1...

jh604
12-13-2010, 12:38 AM
no kprooo!?!?!?!?

RedSiBaron
12-13-2010, 12:41 AM
no kprooo!?!?!?!?

not doing kpro until the swap, since my exhaust i probably havnt spent more than $350 on the car at a time, ive been a full time student for the last 6 years, so money hasnt always been available for the car...

blue2turbo
12-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Is the carbon fiber dash trim an overlay? I know it was an accessory offered by honda, but did you install? I am wondering if it is difficult to install or not. It's on my list of "things to get"

The car is awesome!

MadLorEP3
12-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Lovin the twin loop
Seein it on your car made me get it for mine over spoon

how do you like the jdm fogs
was thinking bout gettin those myself awhile back

MEAN IRISH GUY
12-18-2010, 08:00 AM
this car isnt red. i hate this car.

shanewdude
12-18-2010, 08:42 AM
... haha my buddy will probably hate your stromboli because hes too picky with his food :mrolleyes: ...

Dude, he's not that picky, is he? :mwink: I thought he was going to lose it over the ricotta cheese in his calzone! :tehe:

I love the car, it looks just as good in person as in the pics! How are you liking the CR-Z?

RedSiBaron
12-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Is the carbon fiber dash trim an overlay? I know it was an accessory offered by honda, but did you install? I am wondering if it is difficult to install or not. It's on my list of "things to get"

The car is awesome!

it was actually on the car when i bought it certified from honda, and the hfp parts came out in 04, so i assume the original owner put it on there, and they didnt do a perfect job, which is funny because its really easy to do...you should put it at the top of your list, buy it while you still can

Lovin the twin loop
Seein it on your car made me get it for mine over spoon

how do you like the jdm fogs
was thinking bout gettin those myself awhile back

ya, i love my exhaust i dont feel like im driving around looking like a teenager with his hair on fire. im an adult and like driving women around and dont like having an obnoxious car to do that with. haha...as for the fogs, i absolutely love them, but both of the lenses were toasted within the last year :mfrown: i bought them of here years ago for like $150 shipped or something stupid...now i just cant justify the $500 to replace them right now...think ill just buy the ebay ones for 30 until i can afford to buy the oem ones

this car isnt red. i hate this car.

and you aren't a leprechaun, so i hate you :mwink:

Dude, he's not that picky, is he? :mwink: I thought he was going to lose it over the ricotta cheese in his calzone! :tehe:

I love the car, it looks just as good in person as in the pics! How are you liking the CR-Z?

dude i dont know, he does shit like that sometimes because his pain meds make he wacky and he had taken them right before he ordered food...i try to remind him to chill out and remember things arent worth getting so worked up over...

crz is good, wish it was my daily, but some day it will be...i drive it every chance i get though, its a ton of fun...im desperately trying to save up some cash to get a new daily, i feel like im killing the ep

20CiviC02Si
12-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Car is looking sexy as ever!

RedSiBaron
12-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Car is looking sexy as ever!

thanks jake! it just needs more mugen body parts and a swap...still no job, so still no money for the rest of the parts :mfrown:

Windchaser
12-19-2010, 01:48 AM
Hey, I was wondering how much you paid for your CRZ if you don't mind me asking? I have been looking at them for a few months, but I feel uncomfortable paying above the MSRP. I noticed that your CRZ doesn't have the optional aero kit. There is only 1 white one where I live out of the 4 Honda dealerships, which comes with the optional CF aero kit and they want $23,500 for it.

20CiviC02Si
12-19-2010, 02:48 AM
thanks jake! it just needs more mugen body parts and a swap...still no job, so still no money for the rest of the parts :mfrown:

I hear ya man! I'm currently out of a car. Sold my EF due to this fact. So i'm working on getting my debt completely paid off. Miss making money and actually being able to save it.

RedSiBaron
12-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Hey, I was wondering how much you paid for your CRZ if you don't mind me asking? I have been looking at them for a few months, but I feel uncomfortable paying above the MSRP. I noticed that your CRZ doesn't have the optional aero kit. There is only 1 white one where I live out of the 4 Honda dealerships, which comes with the optional CF aero kit and they want $23,500 for it.

whatever the msrp is for the 6 spd non nav ex...i believe thats what $20,760? all that factory aero crap looks stupid and costs way too much, if you want all that aero you are better off buying the one with no accessories for 21kish and buying all the stuff off handaaccessories.com all the accessories through the dealer REALLY drive the cost up

I hear ya man! I'm currently out of a car. Sold my EF due to this fact. So i'm working on getting my debt completely paid off. Miss making money and actually being able to save it.

true that man...im trying to keep my ep from rusting around itself and keep miles off it, its my only major valuable right now, need to protect it

20CiviC02Si
12-19-2010, 11:34 PM
true that man...im trying to keep my ep from rusting around itself and keep miles off it, its my only major valuable right now, need to protect it

Yeah man, once my debt is paid off. Then i'll find another EP3 i think and pay cash for it. Miss the EP! LOL!

fobman
12-20-2010, 02:14 AM
is your mugen exhaust called jasma mugen?

20CiviC02Si
12-20-2010, 08:12 AM
Well found myself a clean EP3 locally. Planning on trying to get out to test drive it today. Looking to trade in the Nissan Versa my girlfriend and I purchased earlier this year.

RedSiBaron
12-20-2010, 09:47 AM
is your mugen exhaust called jasma mugen?

Im not sure what you're asking, my exhaust is from mugen, one of the placards might say jasma, which I knda remember, but that would make sense because mugen has always used small shops in japan to build their products...that's one of the reasons their stuff costs so much, their headers and exhausts are all sand bent and hand welded by small craftsman shops...why do you ask duder?

Well found myself a clean EP3 locally. Planning on trying to get out to test drive it today. Looking to trade in the Nissan Versa my girlfriend and I purchased earlier this year.

Awesome man! Get back on that horse! Haha

civictype_r04
12-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Im not sure what you're asking, my exhaust is from mugen, one of the placards might say jasma, which I knda remember, but that would make sense because mugen has always used small shops in japan to build their products...that's one of the reasons their stuff costs so much, their headers and exhausts are all sand bent and hand welded by small craftsman shops...why do you ask duder?

Wow thats pretty cool never knew that!!

RedSiBaron
12-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Wow thats pretty cool never knew that!!

Yup i learned that from my old king/mugen catalogues from the late 80s my father used to order out of for his 85dx hatch...I think these days mugen exhausts are the only things I've seen with shop markings, and I wouldn't be surprised if the oil pans and catch cans were too since they are jig welded...I think at this point mugen has machining and composite layup facilities since that's the majority of products they sell now. They used to sell full engine parts down to pistons valves and rings, etc...

Not sure about current mugen wheels, my guess is inhouse, but my old 80s mugen mr5 wheels have a shop marking on them iirc

civictype_r04
12-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Yup i learned that from my old king/mugen catalogues from the late 80s my father used to order out of for his 85dx hatch...I think these days mugen exhausts are the only things I've seen with shop markings, and I wouldn't be surprised if the oil pans and catch cans were too since they are jig welded...I think at this point mugen has machining and composite layup facilities since that's the majority of products they sell now. They used to sell full engine parts down to pistons valves and rings, etc...

Not sure about current mugen wheels, my guess is inhouse, but my old 80s mugen mr5 wheels have a shop marking on them iirc

Wow you learn something new everyday!!!

20CiviC02Si
12-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Awesome man! Get back on that horse! Haha

Well the main issue is just getting the Versa as close to the price of the EP. Because i bought the extended warranty, the debt owed on the Versa exceeds it's value by quite a bit. I'm looking at having the extended warranty and GAP insurance cashed out. I can use this to pay down what is owed on the Versa in order to get it down as close to 10,000 as possible. It's currently sitting at 13,200 owed. Not a fan of the Versa and it needs to go.

The EP that i am interested in, is a 2004 SSM with 64,000 miles on it. Two owners, clean carfax, and completely unmolested. In fact the original owner only put 11,000 miles on it annually, and it was dealer maintained. One really clean car!

shadowmd
12-20-2010, 01:20 PM
lookin goood as always

RedSiBaron
12-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Well the main issue is just getting the Versa as close to the price of the EP. Because i bought the extended warranty, the debt owed on the Versa exceeds it's value by quite a bit. I'm looking at having the extended warranty and GAP insurance cashed out. I can use this to pay down what is owed on the Versa in order to get it down as close to 10,000 as possible. It's currently sitting at 13,200 owed. Not a fan of the Versa and it needs to go.

The EP that i am interested in, is a 2004 SSM with 64,000 miles on it. Two owners, clean carfax, and completely unmolested. In fact the original owner only put 11,000 miles on it annually, and it was dealer maintained. One really clean car!

wow that ep sounds like an excellent find! itll be great to have you back in the game dude

lookin goood as always

thanks man!

BaLisTek
12-23-2010, 12:25 PM
i'm thinking bout rebuilding my EP also..... makes excited and pissed at the same time

RedSiBaron
12-23-2010, 07:54 PM
i'm thinking bout rebuilding my EP also..... makes excited and pissed at the same time

haha shit man! /facepalm

dude to be honest im actually trying to get a new daily driver and ill be putting the ep on garage insurance until i can put it on collectors car/showcar insurance which has a yearly mileage limit and full coverage of investment...plus i may leave it on garage insurance until i can afford the 6k for my engine swap/build...

BaLisTek
12-23-2010, 09:14 PM
im trying to decide which style to go with. I've had 02-03 ctr, 04/05 ctr and mugen. I'm not the biggest fan of 02/03 airwalker/mugen however. Gonna repaint the EP Galapagos green i think with some 17x8 silver cp-r's

303EP
12-24-2010, 05:52 AM
looks great!

RedSiBaron
12-24-2010, 09:42 AM
im trying to decide which style to go with. I've had 02-03 ctr, 04/05 ctr and mugen. I'm not the biggest fan of 02/03 airwalker/mugen however. Gonna repaint the EP Galapagos green i think with some 17x8 silver cp-r's

What about 02/03 mugen? Then you can buy myy beat up mugen lip for $100 haha

ep3moschini
12-24-2010, 11:04 AM
car is gay, owner is gayer

ep3moschini
12-24-2010, 11:06 AM
haha thanks, i mean, your car could be my twin, but technically my cars twin was killed by a dumb bimbo on her cell phone last year :mfrown:

:mfrown: no he cant be your twin, im the forever twin

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs166.snc1/6220_233196345569_687830569_7673244_1599245_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs166.snc1/6220_233196405569_687830569_7673252_2468953_n.jpg

you and me baby, were stuck like glue

RedSiBaron
12-24-2010, 12:13 PM
car is gay, owner is gayer

youd know buddy :tehehyper:

:mfrown: no he cant be your twin, im the forever twin

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs166.snc1/6220_233196345569_687830569_7673244_1599245_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs166.snc1/6220_233196405569_687830569_7673252_2468953_n.jpg

fine dammit...:hay:

chuck83
12-24-2010, 12:24 PM
:mfrown: No he cant be your twin, im the forever twin

[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs166.snc1/6220_233196345569_687830569_7673244_1599245_n.jpg[/img

[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs166.snc1/6220_233196405569_687830569_7673252_2468953_n.jpg[/img

oh em gee el oh el

RedSiBaron
12-24-2010, 01:46 PM
oh em gee el oh el

quiet charles...if we wanted chicken nuggets wed goto macdonalds

RedSiBaron
12-31-2010, 11:02 AM
ep is now officially off the road and on garage insurance...well it will be once i get the new daily up and running...link to the daily here

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?60872-RedSiBaron-s-NEW-DAILY-DRIVER-1990-240sx-se-hatch-rebuild-build-thread&p=831862#post831862

(yes this is a blatant excuse of a post just to bump my own members ride, i am not ashamed)

02TWSI
04-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Bump I love your attention to OE detail.

So for the type R spoiler you had to shave those "nubs" like on the real mugen spoiler?

RedSiBaron
04-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Bump I love your attention to OE detail.

So for the type R spoiler you had to shave those "nubs" like on the real mugen spoiler?

Yup, got it to fit perfect...only took me an hour to grind it down...just shave a little, test fit, shave a little more...then I filled it with 2 part urethane putty with outdoor foam behind it to take up vibration and add thickness on it...then I painted it...I even removed the rubber vibration strips and the oem honda stickers to the bottom side, so I could put them back on after paint.

I have everything installed oem from the factory perfect...

Thanks a lot :thumbu:

abstract
04-02-2011, 08:23 AM
how do u like the springs? perform well ? to stiff?

RedSiBaron
04-02-2011, 05:30 PM
how do u like the springs? perform well ? to stiff?

Love them, perform great and are comfortable for the performance and pairing with konis