PDA

View Full Version : negative camber?

kineticenrage
12-05-2010, 10:40 AM
I bought my car lowered and now i am having tire wear on my back tires on the insides of the tires. I'm about 99% sure it's a camber issue. How do i go about fixing it without spending copious amounts of money. thanks.

jri93
12-05-2010, 10:44 AM
how much is it lowered? most likely the camber was purposely set like that so that the tires wouldn't rub in the wheel well. you have too options, raise your car higher and take it in to get aligned, or rotate your tires often and deal with it.

kineticenrage
12-05-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure how much it's lowered. I read somewhere about a camber kit or something I can install to fix that problem.

Hasbro
12-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Camber kit. There are always several used for sale here or Club EP/CRX.

RHCP0801
12-05-2010, 01:15 PM
camber wears down tires very slowly, toe is what causes tire wear a whole lot quicker than camber does. Get a camber kit than get an alignment after because your toe is probably way out

kineticenrage
12-05-2010, 01:16 PM
awesome. i just read something here it was along the lines of taking a two foot level and putting it up against the tire and adjusting something to even out the camber. then get an alignment. if i can do that, that would save me money and is right down my alley lol. heres a link to what i was talking about http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?59768-rear-camber-kit-initial-adjustment-and-what-a-pain-in-the-a**!&highlight=rear+camber+kit

Passenger
12-05-2010, 01:38 PM
It won't matter what drop you're on, you're going to eat thru tires if its dropped (even a 1" drop) w/o a camber kit. They're roughly the same price, unless you catch a deal thru a vendor or CRSX. But if they're all about the same I'd suggest getting the T1R camber kit. I've had mine for over 2 years now and it still practically looks brand new, no rust or corrosion

Hasbro
12-05-2010, 02:06 PM
What I use, basically the same as a level but with the correct calibrations. The arm in front is what you need for rear camber. This and a level will work enough to get you to an alignment shop. This is what you need to do.
Do a search here on alignment settings. I like Zzyzyxx' settings.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa278/Hasbro_photos/001-6.jpg

kineticenrage
12-05-2010, 04:17 PM
thanks for the info yall. really helped me out. just to make things 100% clear, i need a camber kit and an alignment. if when i install the camber kit, if it's not aligned properly, the alignment will fix this correct?

Hasbro
12-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Correct. With the level, you only need about 1/4" space at the top where the level would contact. That'll put you around -.75 camber or so if your tires are well inflated and don't bulge much.