PDA

View Full Version : how to make your side markers blink and stay on!!!!!!

i_love_my_ep3!
12-05-2010, 03:29 PM
1.first remove side marker your going to push it towards the rear end of the ep3 then kinda pull it out at the same time its not hard.

2.once you got the side marker off then you will see a green and a black wire the green wire, is the one you want to extend to be able to run it to the head light, the black how ever you will not use just clip it and delete it.

3.ok now that you have ran what ever wire you decided to use threw your fender well now heres where what you want to do run it to your little bulb in the head light just unplug the bulb, there you will see a red and black wire, clip and strip the red wire and now wire the extension you made for the marker to it. make sure you got it nicely wired and tight you don't want it to come lose and blow a fuse!

4.now that you have done all 3 steps make sure you deleted the black wire from your side marker good and make sure where you wired your extension of the green wire on the side marker to the head light is nice and tightly wired turn you ep3 on and check the signals and also push your emergency lights and make sure they work!

your done enjoy! :mbiggrin:

i_love_my_ep3!
12-05-2010, 03:34 PM
sorry i dident add pics i took some and made a video too will up load both as soon as i can i have to go to work now p.m. if you want to try and need more details t i typed this up real quick to share with you guys soo yeah just shoot me a message if you need help or if i didnt explain somthing clear

ShadowEP3
12-05-2010, 04:17 PM
..or you could tap into the bumper light :mangel:

i_love_my_ep3!
12-05-2010, 09:44 PM
well i guess this is for those of us who don't have bumper lights then....:tehehyper:

0h5ive_EP3
12-05-2010, 10:39 PM
..or you could tap into the bumper light :mangel:

maybe its just me, but my bumper lights don't blink...

cvicep3
12-07-2010, 02:40 PM
So, just hook the green to the red/black wire from the little bulb in the head light and tape off the black wire? Very simple, but does it work properly though?

ttttrigg3r
12-10-2010, 05:08 PM
pics and videos please

eroxer310
12-10-2010, 10:23 PM
ive done this to my ep3, i tapped into the bumper light, and now my side markers are always on and blink aswell,
the only bad thing is they blink of sequence with the front and rear signals,

OH and BTW normally, the bumper lights dont blink at all, they just stay on front and rear

eroxer310
12-10-2010, 10:35 PM
heres a pic and video link

picture
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=23c9de4dcd&view=att&th=12cd3f26f3427a55&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1354808480830062592-1&zw

video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrNZhBySssQ

peter2003ep3
03-22-2011, 01:32 AM
if you attach to bumper light, are the wires the same color as the small bulb in headlight?
also what type of wire do you use for the extension

peter2003ep3
03-22-2011, 05:09 PM
pictures dont show, can you pm them to me?

3ree_P
07-19-2011, 03:29 PM
1.first remove side marker your going to push it towards the rear end of the ep3 then kinda pull it out at the same time its not hard.

2.once you got the side marker off then you will see a green and a black wire the green wire, is the one you want to extend to be able to run it to the head light, the black how ever you will not use just clip it and delete it.

3.ok now that you have ran what ever wire you decided to use threw your fender well now heres where what you want to do run it to your little bulb in the head light just unplug the bulb, there you will see a red and black wire, clip and strip the red wire and now wire the extension you made for the marker to it. Make sure you got it nicely wired and tight you don't want it to come lose and blow a fuse!

4.now that you have done all 3 steps make sure you deleted the black wire from your side marker good and make sure where you wired your extension of the green wire on the side marker to the head light is nice and tightly wired turn you ep3 on and check the signals and also push your emergency lights and make sure they work!

Your done enjoy! :mbiggrin: wrong!!

3ree_P
07-19-2011, 03:45 PM
the red wire from the side marker(which is the power) goes to the little light up top on your head light, splice into its power also,now the Ground wire from the side marker goes to the power of the turn signal. its that easy now watch those bad boys stay on and blink legit

nmysiismyn
07-19-2011, 04:59 PM
the red wire from the side marker(which is the power) goes to the little light up top on your head light, splice into its power also,now the Ground wire from the side marker goes to the power of the turn signal. its that easy now watch those bad boys stay on and blink legit

Are you saying this will make the sidemarkers blink in unison with the headlight ones?
I have yet to see anybody set them up so they aren't blinking out of sequence- like the video posted above...

cvicep3
07-21-2011, 10:45 AM

Now, we got the thing to work properly. Please post video. I really want to do this mod.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
07-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Now, we got the thing to work properly. Please post video. I really want to do this mod.
me too

eternal780
07-21-2011, 10:32 PM
me too i want to see a video of this mod

MOOGEN
07-22-2011, 06:17 AM

I was going over the mod and that's what I thought as well. If the side marker's ground isn't connected it wouldn't even work lol. Good catch.

tqk
07-23-2011, 07:01 AM
So side marker power connects to parking lights power wire n side marker ground goes to blinkers power wire?

cronicEP
09-02-2011, 05:55 AM
no one answer what kind of wire to buy

gtolio
09-02-2011, 07:17 AM
Why would you want to do this? What is wrong with it as it is?

I swear, sometimes I think people do shit to their cars just to do it.

cronicEP
09-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Why would you want to do this? What is wrong with it as it is?

I swear, sometimes I think people do shit to their cars just to do it.

Why not? Why boost your car? To each his own bra. Chill out.

gtolio
09-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Why not? Why boost your car? To each his own bra. Chill out.

What do you mean chill out? I'm fine. If you want to do stupid crap to your car, that's your problem, not mine. I could care less.

Boosting a car actually has a purpose. This may have one, but I can't figure out what it is. lol

nmysiismyn
09-02-2011, 01:34 PM

Any similar wire will work.
22 gauge... 8 gauge.. It doesn't really matter...
Just make sure you get your connections weather resistant.
I suggest using wire-taps and wrapping 'em with tape.
You can find this style wire-tap at Radio Shack:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/212HXwYjJAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.crystalfontz.com/backlight/forum/Radio_Shack_Wire_Tap_64-3052.jpg

j0000stin
09-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Any similar wire will work.
22 gauge... 8 gauge.. It doesn't really matter...
Just make sure you get your connections weather resistant.
I suggest using wire-taps and wrapping 'em with tape.
You can find this style wire-tap at Radio Shack:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/212HXwYjJAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.crystalfontz.com/backlight/forum/Radio_Shack_Wire_Tap_64-3052.jpg

its funny working at radioshack and seeing you guys post shit from here andi know their specific location in the store haha

nmysiismyn
09-02-2011, 03:46 PM
its funny working at radioshack and seeing you guys post shit from here andi know their specific location in the store haha

Haha! That's, pretty much, all I go there for- all the little connectors and do-dads. :tehe:
Most everything else they have can be found cheaper elsewhere.

I've wondered how they stay in business...

EDIT:
I guess I did get my EVO and convert from AT&T to Sprint there. They were the 1st place I stopped at and the dude there hooked it up with my 24% Fedex discount- even though I don't work there anymore. lol :shady:

cronicEP
09-04-2011, 12:53 PM
What do you mean chill out? I'm fine. If you want to do stupid crap to your car, that's your problem, not mine. I could care less.

Boosting a car actually has a purpose. This may have one, but I can't figure out what it is. lol

O I C, you're one of those guys. LOL

mp_02si
09-05-2011, 09:35 AM

Hey Kyle I have a crapload of those connectors here at work so if you need any let me know and ill hook you up.

sippyyy
10-17-2011, 08:44 AM

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?66486-Side-markers-that-blink-and-stay-on-video-verification

nmysiismyn
10-17-2011, 01:17 PM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?66486-Side-markers-that-blink-and-stay-on-video-verification

They're still alternating. :mfrown:
I almost always rock my running lights..

I'll do this when someone can find a way to get them to work this this way:
Running lights on = always-on AND blink in unison.
Running lights off = always-off AND blink in unison.

Chuxsvt
12-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Subscribing

sonofdante10
03-17-2014, 10:31 PM
blew up 3 7.5 and 2 15 amps fuse and still didnt get it right

green wire from side marker to the red wire of parking light?
black wire from side marker to the red wire of turn signal in the headlight?