PDA

View Full Version : New EP owner from MD

Aklass
12-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Hi EPHatch,
I acquired a EP from an insurance auto auction that was in a accident and headed for the body shop. I have some questions though I hope you guys don't mind answering!
What kind of headlights are in the 04-05 model? I have to get a replacement and they cost 150 ea? Are they projector, HID, Halogen?
I'm also a big fan of retrofitting Morimoto minis, so if they use a halogen reflector, what is the bulb socket in the 04 model?
Thanks EPhatch! I hope to enjoy my stay here!

SinisterCivicSi
12-08-2010, 10:37 AM
welcome to ephatch! glad to see another MD member on the boards. you would be better off buying a set of headlights on our classifieds forum and save yourself alot of money and bother. they are halogen lights, or you can upgrade to HID's or retrofit projectors. they always have someone FS here. as for the bulb socket size, if you replace the entire headlight then it depends on which headlight you get and whats set up for that application... if you get oem replacements, the bulb size is in the owners manual or call honda. i have an 02 so i have no clue. :mangel:

vicx52o
12-08-2010, 02:21 PM
This should help you out:
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?47315-All-exterior-and-lighting-info-found-here

If you're looking for a replacement.. You should look into swapping in some JDM/UKDM/EDM 04/05 projectors... the JDM/UKDM ones will require some work because they have RHD cut off's.

If you're on a budget, you can always go with the replica CTR headlight's made by DEPO:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DEPO-HONDA-CIVIC-EP-EP3-JDM-BLACK-PROJECTOR-HEAD-LIGHTS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aCivicQQhashZitem48 3df8d9a9QQitemZ310277364137QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTru ckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3771wt_1165

/-/O/\/D/\ EP3
12-08-2010, 03:08 PM
welcome!!!

Aklass
12-08-2010, 03:40 PM
This should help you out:
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?47315-All-exterior-and-lighting-info-found-here

If you're looking for a replacement.. You should look into swapping in some JDM/UKDM/EDM 04/05 projectors... the JDM/UKDM ones will require some work because they have RHD cut off's.

If you're on a budget, you can always go with the replica CTR headlight's made by DEPO:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DEPO-HONDA-CIVIC-EP-EP3-JDM-BLACK-PROJECTOR-HEAD-LIGHTS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aCivicQQhashZitem48 3df8d9a9QQitemZ310277364137QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTru ckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3771wt_1165

welcome to ephatch! glad to see another MD member on the boards. you would be better off buying a set of headlights on our classifieds forum and save yourself alot of money and bother. they are halogen lights, or you can upgrade to HID's or retrofit projectors. they always have someone FS here. as for the bulb socket size, if you replace the entire headlight then it depends on which headlight you get and whats set up for that application... if you get oem replacements, the bulb size is in the owners manual or call honda. i have an 02 so i have no clue. :mangel:

Thanks for the help guys! What else would you recommend I do to the car handling wise? Boosting HP is out of the question due to the cost of gas these days, and ceramic pads are something I always do on each car I have.

Also can anyone explain to me how to have the newest post on the last page and not the first? uit is confusing going from the bottom up

EPo3Hatch
12-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Hey another MD member! Welcome..there's a meet on the 18th at hooters on 301 depending what area u live in MD...welcome

vicx52o
12-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the help guys! What else would you recommend I do to the car handling wise? Boosting HP is out of the question due to the cost of gas these days, and ceramic pads are something I always do on each car I have.

Also can anyone explain to me how to have the newest post on the last page and not the first? uit is confusing going from the bottom up

settings (Top left of page)--> general settings (left 'panel')--> thread display options--> Select 'Linear - Oldest First'

mmm most people swap motor's or boost their cars. I guess it really depends on what you're going to use the ep3 for...

Aklass
12-08-2010, 04:24 PM
settings (Top left of page)--> general settings (left 'panel')--> thread display options--> Select 'Linear - Oldest First'

mmm most people swap motor's or boost their cars. I guess it really depends on what you're going to use the ep3 for...

Thanks, the EP3 will be used for daily driving and to have some fun while driving hence why I mostly do handling upgrades and not boosting HP