PDA

View Full Version : speaker problem

gamma6
12-07-2010, 11:14 PM
yesterday my front right speaker all of a sudden stopped playing(fronts are kappa perfects). So just now as i got home i check my amp and notice a gold piece stuck in one of the rca inputs of the amp, i pull it out. now when i stick another rca cable in there there is still no sound. the amp is capable of two sets of rca cables for input. Each one is labeled with a number...
Is that number the channel number?
On top of this problem after sticking another rca in the #2 spot i still get no sound, so i tried putting the speaker that was on channel 2 now on 1 to see if it works and still no sound from that speaker... I need help! is my amp bad or is it my speaker?

PatrickJamesYu
12-08-2010, 12:55 AM
I remember reading on Honda-tech about this problem
They slammed their car on +0's
You've already got the wheels so you're half way there!

Hope this helps

Bump.

gamma6
12-08-2010, 10:01 AM
I remember reading on Honda-tech about this problem
They slammed their car on +0's
You've already got the wheels so you're half way there!

Hope this helps

Bump.

haha wrong thread bro? im having audio isssues not suspension issues ( well i am but not in this thread lol) but yeah im slammed and have the wheels too just need alignment, new studs (two r stripped on one hub for some freaking reason), tires and a new belt... thats it and to fix this freaking speaker problem and my car is golden again!!

onlinenow
12-08-2010, 03:26 PM
the number should be the channel since each rca is both the hot and ground. my channel 2 went out in my amp a long time ago so i just worked around it since the amp is a 6 channel and i can still use it for my set-up.

its not your speaker, at least it shouldnt be. It it most definitely your amp since no sound went to your first channel speaker when you put it in channel 2. There isn't much you can or should try to do with the amp. you can always try your channel 2 in your channel 1 output and see if that changes it. also, be sure to check your inputs and outputs both. maybe one of the speaker wires have become loose, although with what you've said i doubt that.

gamma6
12-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Its crazy tho cuz when i put all the rcas in except channel two and put the channel 2 speaker in channel 1 i still get no sound no sound i dont see how the speaker got disconnected cuz it was instant, i hit no bumps or nothing when it happened, gonna check my connections on the stereo then connections on the crossover which is inside my door

james04si
12-08-2010, 10:50 PM
if channel 2 has sound to another speaker and you change the speaker wires from channel 1 over to channel 2 and you still have no sound its either wiring or the crossover since you know that channel 2 has a good signal leaving the amp.

PatrickJamesYu
12-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Haha I know I was effing around
dope so your cars lower now?

gamma6
12-09-2010, 11:16 AM
if channel 2 has sound to another speaker and you change the speaker wires from channel 1 over to channel 2 and you still have no sound its either wiring or the crossover since you know that channel 2 has a good signal leaving the amp.
i meant the crossover since my front speakers r components, but im gonna check all my speaker wiring... thanks

Haha I know I was effing around
dope so your cars lower now?

yeah but i raised it cuz im too pussy to dd it like that, not going over speed bumps suck... i currently run 205/40/16 and just ordered 205/45/16 to sit a bit higher and be flush (kinda) wanted 195s but 205s were cheaper so yeah ill try to post pics somewhere just havent washed my car in weeks do u have xxr 002's yet?

PatrickJamesYu
12-09-2010, 10:25 PM
yeah but i raised it cuz im too pussy to dd it like that, not going over speed bumps suck... i currently run 205/40/16 and just ordered 205/45/16 to sit a bit higher and be flush (kinda) wanted 195s but 205s were cheaper so yeah ill try to post pics somewhere just havent washed my car in weeks do u have xxr 002's yet?

Haha
I actually do
I got the 16x8 +0 002's
but no tires
it cost soo much to wrap these..
I want 205/45/16
but everywhere is quoting me like 100 bucks each
I was hoping to find some in the crappy 60 dollar area haha

gamma6
12-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Haha
I actually do
I got the 16x8 +0 002's
but no tires
it cost soo much to wrap these..
I want 205/45/16
but everywhere is quoting me like 100 bucks each
I was hoping to find some in the crappy 60 dollar area haha

i feel ya, im getting mine for 80 a piece mounting and balance free... thats the lowest my hook-up found :(