PDA

View Full Version : Hotchkis Camber Plates

chrispychicken
12-08-2010, 12:14 AM
So I was planning on buying some Hotchkis camber plates for an rsx. I was just wondering if it will fit on the ep3. I know most suspension parts from the rsx will fit on the ep3. Just seeing if any one on the forums have it on their suspension setup.

here is the link

http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/HOT-30704.html

http://www.clubrsx.com/graphics/00000001/30704%20Acura%20RSX%20Camber%20Plate%20Pol.jpg

Hasbro
12-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Yes, they fit.

RedSiBaron
12-08-2010, 11:21 AM
dont buy them, all the parts ive bought from hotchkis have turned out to be junk...

T_Virus
12-08-2010, 01:15 PM
dont buy them, all the parts ive bought from hotchkis have turned out to be junk...

really? I thought they were really good.

chrispychicken
12-08-2010, 06:10 PM

so the camber plates are junk? If they are I guess I'm not going with it

RedSiBaron
12-08-2010, 06:58 PM
really? I thought they were really good.

I have their rear camber kit and they have gotten super rusty and seized repeatedly, I had the endlinks and they got rusty and wore out within 9 months

so the camber plates are junk? If they are I guess I'm not going with it

Never used em, but based on my past experience I would consider comparing what else is on the market...I mean if they are cheap enough, screw it give them a try and post up a review at installation time, then followup 6 months later, then one if and when you take em off

Hajdoki_Ep3
12-09-2010, 10:57 AM
I have their rear camber kit and they have gotten super rusty and seized repeatedly, I had the endlinks and they got rusty and wore out within 9 months

Never used em, but based on my past experience I would consider comparing what else is on the market...I mean if they are cheap enough, screw it give them a try and post up a review at installation time, then followup 6 months later, then one if and when you take em off

Im 3-4 months in and the rubber on the endlinks is torn to bits...urgh and i also thought hotckins is the way to go. But i must give them plus for beefy sway bars :)

27rocks
12-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Chris i would get them.. They don't have any rubber parts and you can always keep a little wd-40 on them to keep them from rusting. Or you can get them painted or paint them yourself. Just an idea.

RedSiBaron
12-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Chris i would get them.. They don't have any rubber parts and you can always keep a little wd-40 on them to keep them from rusting. Or you can get them painted or paint them yourself. Just an idea.

Haha don't worry they'll still rust

ep_hatcher_510
12-09-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't think rust should be a problem where Chris lives. Unless hotchkis uses some really really REALLY crappy materials?

Andrew
12-09-2010, 12:48 PM
I don't think rust should be a problem where Chris lives. Unless hotchkis uses some really really REALLY crappy materials?

second that, haha we live in the bay area it's not that bad out here

RedSiBaron
12-09-2010, 12:48 PM

ok maybe not considering where he lives

chrispychicken
12-10-2010, 09:49 AM

Hey rob they should fit with N+ plus right?

27rocks
12-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Hey rob they should fit with N+ plus right?

Yeah i don't see why they shouldn't. I got the Ebay ones for my Megan coils and they worked perfect.

Hasbro
12-10-2010, 04:44 PM
The Hotchkis plates can be reversed, left plate to right side and right plate to left side, which gives the suspension caster.

Hasbro
12-12-2010, 11:54 PM
The Hotchkis plates can be reversed, left plate to right side and right plate to left side, which gives the suspension caster.

I probably should have mentioned that camber adjustment is better when adjusted at a lower point, due to increased kingpin inclination when adjusted up at the plate location. Lower points such as camber bolts and lcas would be better for camber changes. For our suspension the plates would be best used if they only adjusted caster - something I am currently working on. Which is scary!

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=717355

And:I do know that with the RSX, we get the most benefit by using camber plates to increase caster by moving the top of the strut rearward. We don't really want to move the strut inward like you would to get static camber because that increases kingpin inclination. Kingpin inclination has the opposite effect as caster and makes you lose camber with steering input. It would be better to get all your camber from camber bolts instead.

Eddie Murphy
02-11-2015, 06:44 PM
Has anyone had these installed for a long period of time? Do they rust? Do they loosen? How do they hold up? And is there a DIY for install? Bend pass side ac line clamp upward and flip em side to side is all I know...any help would be appreciated, thanks :mbiggrin:

Hasbro
02-11-2015, 07:29 PM
Rock solid. Very well made.

Eddie Murphy
02-13-2015, 04:37 PM
Rock solid. Very well made.

Is there a good DIY on this?

Hasbro
02-13-2015, 07:56 PM
I'm being lazy but I think Hotchkis has instructions on line. Not positive.

Did you pick up a set? One of the good things about them is they don't take up any suspension travel space like the bottom mounted ones.

Eddie Murphy
02-14-2015, 08:56 AM
Yes I am getting a BNIB set of these shipped this week. I plan to switch sides to gain max caster. It looks like I need to move ac lines a bit. On the driver side it looks like I just take the ac line out of the brake fluid reservoir clip and let it raise up and on the passenger side it looks like the ac line clamp needs to be bent up a bit. It doesn't look too bad, but I've heard that the driver side plate needs to be shaved down too, is this true?
and do they make any noise or negatively affect daily driving? Thanks Hasbro :mbiggrin:

Eddie Murphy
02-14-2015, 03:46 PM

How much caster were you able to get when you installed them on the opposite sides?

Hasbro
02-14-2015, 07:57 PM
I'm wondering if the instructions are in the box. I had some in print, I believe. The ac lines aren't a problem, I loosened them and gently shoved them around. I don't remember using a file to make anything fit. They don't make any noise. I have never measured the caster but with 1.5* from the R lcas and from talking to Mustclime I guesstimated them combined to be around 4* total. Not enough but way better than stock. You can also shim the sub frame with washers (Mustclime) and put in spherical offset bushings for the lca and get about 1* from each of those. It all adds up. 7* would be nice but I'm not sure what is ideal. The more the caster the more the steering wants to correct back to the center, btw. I have been threatening to build a custom plate for the Hotchkis kit for years that is just for caster but I have failed to do so yet.

Oh, I added washers under the plate for about 1/4" more spring travel so that must have negated anything to do with shaving anything.

Hasbro
02-15-2015, 06:25 PM
I guess the reversed plates are good for about 4*. Good news, puts me at 5.5*. This is from Vicath over on crsx. He's not around anymore but we traded a lot of info and is a good guy;

I just installed the Hotchkiss camber plates, reversed for caster. Actually they add camber as well in this configuration. Just got an alignment, left side at 4.0 and right at 4.1 caster and you can still adjust the Konis as normal. I am happy with that.

Eddie Murphy
02-15-2015, 09:34 PM
Thanks bud... I will be getting these new and with instructions, I'm just wanting to know the specifics of installing them on opposite sides. I was told I may need to put a spacer on the R side ac line clamp to clear, or bend it upward and take the ac line out of the brackets on the L side. I appreciate the info and pics please, that would be very helpful.

Eddie Murphy
02-15-2015, 09:44 PM
Oh yeah...almost forgot to ask you Hasbro... How much camber were you able to get from the plates and just a top camber bolt?

Eddie Murphy
02-15-2015, 10:40 PM
I guess the reversed plates are good for about 4*. Good news, puts me at 5.5*. This is from Vicath over on crsx. He's not around anymore but we traded a lot of info and is a good guy;

I just installed the Hotchkiss camber plates, reversed for caster. Actually they add camber as well in this configuration. Just got an alignment, left side at 4.0 and right at 4.1 caster and you can still adjust the Konis as normal. I am happy with that.

Hasbro your inbox is full, I just tried to PM you...
"Your in SC, I'm in NC about 4 hrs from you. I'm going to try and tune my suspension properly. I have a k24a2 and OBX V2 RH and can't fit a front sway. I have a Progress 24mm rear sway. I will be getting the SuperPro offset(caster) front LCA bushings, and the Hotchkis plates, and Blox rigid subframe collars to gain stability and keep my alignment in tact. So I will be gaining the caster I need but would like to be able to fit a front sway, I was thinking to find a good welder to possibly mod the RH to fit a 16mm em2 front sway. I'm pretty sure my mechanic can send me to a good guy. I was also thinking maybe you know a good guy and I take the trip down to see you...and maybe you help me fit the hotchkis plates and help me out with this.
Thanks,
Eddie Murphy"

Hasbro
02-16-2015, 06:53 AM
Hasbro your inbox is full, I just tried to PM you...
"Your in SC, I'm in NC about 4 hrs from you. I'm going to try and tune my suspension properly. I have a k24a2 and OBX V2 RH and can't fit a front sway. I have a Progress 24mm rear sway. I will be getting the SuperPro offset(caster) front LCA bushings, and the Hotchkis plates, and Blox rigid subframe collars to gain stability and keep my alignment in tact. So I will be gaining the caster I need but would like to be able to fit a front sway, I was thinking to find a good welder to possibly mod the RH to fit a 16mm em2 front sway. I'm pretty sure my mechanic can send me to a good guy. I was also thinking maybe you know a good guy and I take the trip down to see you...and maybe you help me fit the hotchkis plates and help me out with this.
Thanks,
Eddie Murphy"

Hmmm, I didn't have a full box but cleared out a few, anyway.

I checked to see what your specs are. You need a build thread. Check with some of the others in the engine section re. header/bar fitment, I've never dealt with the problem. And, I would welcome you down here but I'm currently in a parking lot with my home on another island so it's very impractical (and driving me crazy). I'll probably move to the Atlanta area this summer.

Sounds like you're building a nice suspension. Are you currently running A-Specs without a front bar? That's very soft for no bar, especially with the suspension mods and K24 power. Could you list your specs somewhere so I'm not guessing?

Hasbro
02-16-2015, 07:06 AM
Oh yeah...almost forgot to ask you Hasbro... How much camber were you able to get from the plates and just a top camber bolt?

I've only taken the front to around -2.5 I think but haven't tried going further. I will be doing about -3 as soon as I can get to it. I've taken the rears to - 3.25 with the Andy Hollis alignment but will cut back a bit for a while. Not too much as the rear Kumho tires have less adhesion than the the front Toyos and they work well together.

Also, I was thinking that A-Specs will need some top hat work to fit the Hotchkis plates, can't remember. Let me look into it. Your using the oem top hats, correct? There's an easy fix.

edit; I pmed Powers as he has A-Specs and Hotchkis.

Eddie Murphy
02-16-2015, 10:35 AM
I got the Hotchkis plates from Powers, they are still NEW... He never installed them.