PDA

View Full Version : Steering column points slightly to the right

STL-EP
12-16-2002, 07:51 PM
This is my first post here, and I'm really glad to find an EP-devoted forum. I searched for this topic before posting, and found nothing directly related. Please excuse me if I missed it.

I got my 02 Si about a month ago, and I love the car. Tonight my 600 mile breakin was over, and I really drove the car hard on the commute home. What a blast!

Here's my question: Does anyone else's steering column seem to be significantly crooked, such that the entire steering wheel is angled slightly to the right of the driver? I've seen several posts about the steering wheel being "off center", which I've interpreted to mean that when the "H" is straight up, the car doesn't drive straight ahead. That is NOT the problem I'm having. The entire steering column seems to have been installed at a rightward-facing angle, such that the right side of the wheel is significantly closer to the dash than the left (about 3/4 inch to 1 inch). You can tell the wheel is angled just by looking at it, but a more obvious way to detect the problem is to place your head above the wheel and look down: where the column shroud enters the dash, the right side is MUCH closer to the dash than the left.

Is this normal? I've looked at a few other EP's on dealer lots, and they don't seem to have this issue. If anyone else has had this problem, how has the dealer resolved it?

Thanks in advance,

STL-EP

Jpax
12-16-2002, 08:19 PM
never really noticed....:rolleyes:

Jpax
12-16-2002, 08:19 PM

civic hatch boi
12-16-2002, 08:57 PM
take a pic from the front and the side.

rick77f
12-16-2002, 10:12 PM
My steering wheel was crooked and the alignment was off too, from the factory. Make the damn dealer fix it. I had the same exact problem.

IceD out N CALI
12-16-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by PaXiE

same here

bsdbytes
12-17-2002, 08:14 AM
I haven't looked at my Si, but my 1st gen CR-V's steering column is crooked like you have described your Si.

Mike