PDA

View Full Version : EP3 Turbo Hatch-Injector Mis-hap

Gabe
12-09-2010, 04:57 PM
So we tried the injector hack/mod. Cut two too much and a huge leak sprung.

It is now decided to just go with http://www.rceng.com/ 440cc injectors.

The tech over the phone said that no gains will be had with just replacing the injectors without changing the ECU. And it is possible to ruin the ECU by running a 440 injector without a more stout ECU.

In my history of doing +T cars, a statement like has never applied to the cars I have worked on.

Is this true in this case tho?

What is the common setup for you guys when +T'ing a car? Is there a 'sure-way' order I go about addressing the fuel system?

Canuck Civic
12-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Well you should have kpro or some type of engine management and I would go with Injector Dynamics probably 725cc injectors RC Idle like shit talking to the people with 650 or 750cc RC ones. But if cost is a factor and you have the RC injectors they will still serve their purpose fine.

Heitzke
12-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Uhhhh yeah, you need to be running some sort of standalone ECU anyway (EMS, Kpro, Haltech). Throwing in larger injectors won't harm your stock ECU, but you're begging for an inspection window in your block the way you're going.

Also, unless you're on a tiny Greddy kit or something, 440cc isn't enough injector. Run whatever injector you need to achieve your power goals of course, but 440's are tiny.

SLOW EP3
12-10-2010, 01:23 PM
How did you mess up the injector mod? All you do is sand down the screen until it pops off, it's easy.

If you run 440cc injectors without something to scale them down, your engine will be dumping fuel into the cylinders and you'll foul the spark plugs.

sleepy ep3
12-10-2010, 04:55 PM
I am taking a huge shit as you read this. "plunk"

playap07
12-10-2010, 06:47 PM
kabooom! thats what will happen with no engine managment! get kpro n change the injector size!

Onasty
12-14-2010, 01:32 PM
why do ppl try to opt out of gettin kpro