PDA

View Full Version : Help please....

soccerallstar06
12-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Recently my battery went out and caused my car to stall, now it threw a code for a misfire on each cylinder and now it wont idle right and sounds like it's missing, could the stalling possibly have caused a spark plug to foul, or has anyone else had this type of problem? If so how did you fix the problem, any positive feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks

FoReVaPmP
12-10-2010, 09:28 AM
did you check to see if your coil packs are pushed in all the way???....

when was your last oil change??

Do you have K-pro???

FYI: if your car cutt off on you while it was running, it has nothing to do with the battery. You might need to check the Altinator.

soccerallstar06
12-10-2010, 09:35 AM
The battery had been going bad for a while and when the car died I still had the old battery in it the new battery is charging fine its just a terrible idle, its whenever i push the clutch in or let it go to idle it sounds like it is missing bad, the misfire didnt come until after the battery had died, i just did an oil change and it looked ok, and the motor is stock except for a k&n cold air, it has 150,000 on the motor if that helps at all

superd16girl
12-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Did you check to see what your spark plugs looked it?

As the previous person said above, I would check your coil packs. Mine for some reason get loose and I tighten them with every oil change. I had one actually blow out of my motor on the freeway, so I would definitely look into the coil packs.

RedSiBaron
12-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Did you check to see what your spark plugs looked it?

As the previous person said above, I would check your coil packs. Mine for some reason get loose and I tighten them with every oil change. I had one actually blow out of my motor on the freeway, so I would definitely look into the coil packs.

I thought your spark plugs were loose?

superd16girl
12-10-2010, 11:59 AM
No the coils were loose which caused the spark plugs to be loose.

RedSiBaron
12-10-2010, 12:30 PM
No the coils were loose which caused the spark plugs to be loose.

gotcha! :mwink:

OP, where are you at in Ohio?

soccerallstar06
12-10-2010, 12:47 PM
checked the coil packs they were tight pulled the plugs and they look black, Redsibaron im about 60 miles east of cincy, drive there daily actually. Gonna replace the plugs and see what happens if that doesnt fix it could it possibly be the iacv?

RedSiBaron
12-10-2010, 01:09 PM
checked the coil packs they were tight pulled the plugs and they look black, Redsibaron im about 60 miles east of cincy, drive there daily actually. Gonna replace the plugs and see what happens if that doesnt fix it could it possibly be the iacv?

Awesome man, well let me know if you end up needing help on anything...plus when spring rolls around we have meets in various locations you'll have to make it out to, I only know one other ephatcher that still makes it out on occasion

T_Virus
12-10-2010, 01:20 PM
check your valve clearance. when is the last time you have your valve adjusted? I had misfire on all 4 cylinders too. I swaped coils, changed spark plugs, reset ecu by pulling fuse and idle relearn, disconneted battery and try to idle relearn agian but it didn't nothing. The check engine light comes up again after 2 to 20 miles with the same misfire codes on all 4 cylinders. Then I took it to the shop and they did a compression and leakdown test and everything came up normal. Then when they checked the valve clearance, they said that there is no clearance at all so they did the adjustments, and cleared the check engine light. So far 300 miles and the check engine light has not come up yet.

emsep
12-10-2010, 11:21 PM
your car shouldnt be stalling due to a bad battery. the car doesnt run off the battery once started, it runs off of the alternator.

soccerallstar06
01-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Could this possibly be some sort of fuel problem, possibly a fuel filter or such?

soccerallstar06
01-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Update: Reset ecu, started the car still missing like crazy, revved to 2k, took my foot off the gas and the car stalled, and will not restart. Used the paper clip method to pull the codes and got 41, and 57. How do I determine which code this is on this diagram http://www.k-series.com/dtc.html and what would be my next logical step in troubleshooting with these codes? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks