PDA

View Full Version : Ctr Projector bulbs

Black04si
12-10-2010, 03:34 PM
what is supposed to be in these things the low beams are dull as crap they have a little bitty bulb with a single spade that is sitting in an adapter of some sorts now i think it said h1 but they are plugged in a weird little adaptor car was this way when i bought it so im not sure if this is right anyone shed some light on it for me

BlkDeathSi
12-10-2010, 03:48 PM
What year is your ep? Are your sure they are not depo replica lights? If you can't tell, the replicas are clear where the turn signals are, and true ctrs have a pattern. The bulb itself should be stamped on the metal part what it is.

Black04si
12-10-2010, 04:28 PM
they are the ctr lights they have the honeycomb pattern and the cutoff is backwards they even say honda on them

vicx52o
12-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Sound's like you have JDM projector's on... The cutoff is backwards because the headlights you have are meant for a RHD ep3.
Your tag say's 'Black04si' so i'm going to assume you have an 04 ep3. You can swap in TSX projectors. They're a direct replacement. You will need to source d2s bulb's, ballasts, and igniter's.

Black04si
12-10-2010, 09:14 PM
i was wondering about that are these made for hid's or are they supposed to be halogen ?

Draw7Seven
12-11-2010, 05:16 AM
i was wondering about that are these made for hid's or are they supposed to be halogen ?

There are two types of projector made, HID and halogen. An HID projector will have a glass lens element as the front of an aluminum housing designed to case a very nice D2S HID bulb. What you're describing sounds to me like a retrofit or a halogen housing. If you have JDM CTR HID projectors, they should have a ballast that actually connects to the car's light harness, only the ignitor itself interfaces with the bulb.