View Full Version : Interesting k-series IM

jh604
12-12-2010, 02:21 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e361/felixy69/Parts%20For%20Sale/R0021503.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e361/felixy69/Parts%20For%20Sale/R0021504.jpg

Interesting..............

whatsvtec
12-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Where did you find this? I've seen it before, but I cannot recall where.

RedSiBaron
12-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Not sure why they would put the tb on the bottom, but that IM would be really easy to make...im getting thoughts...

USAF EP3
12-12-2010, 03:50 PM
It's definitely not a modified PRB or PRC IM. I have a PRC IM and the runners do NOT look like this. This modified IM looks like it's from the newer K24Z's such as the Accord's and TSX's.

RedSiBaron
12-12-2010, 05:23 PM
It's definitely not a modified PRB or PRC IM. I have a PRC IM and the runners do NOT look like this. This modified IM looks like it's from the newer K24Z's such as the Accord's and TSX's.

it doesnt really matter what its off of, same concept applies to any of the IM...though theres very little point of making something like this, the K series IM flow pretty well. only reason i would modify one is for hte same reason im building a custom collector plenum for my street ew4 engine for my 86si. which is to insert velocity stacks at the intakes for the runners and bore out the runners. then build a smooth plenum that bolts onto the runners, and put a mounting plate onto the plenum in which to mount a bigger TB and while your at it port match everything.

this IM doesnt look to be anything other than a plenum on shortened runners...this also concerns me due to tune length. the runners on your IM are built to a tune length which means at a specific RPM they are most efficient. if you just HACK them off, you run the risk of greatly effecting the power curve towards the realm of ineffectiveness...IIRC typicially you run longer runners the higher the RPMS you are running, but i could have this backwards, ive had a couple drinks this evening and im second guessing myself on longer vs. shorter for the runners...now that i think about it i think shorter is better for high rpms...either way the concept is specific for optimal power at a specific rpms...im going to leave this at that for now

jh604
12-13-2010, 12:40 AM
this thing is fs locally and was wondering WTF?!?! is this

RedSiBaron
12-13-2010, 12:45 AM
this thing is fs locally and was wondering WTF?!?! is this

how much are they asking? and have you asked why was it originally made? that downward facing TB mount makes me think it may have been for a kit car application or something because i cant come up with any advantage or reason to do it in a regular application

civictype_r04
12-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Look's like it is the manifold for the JRSC that someone just put a tank on the end????

RedSiBaron
12-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Look's like it is the manifold for the JRSC that someone just put a tank on the end????

good call man...you may be right...again...wondering why...hmm

still looks like something someone made for a kit car or something...cant see why anyone would mount the TB on the bottom, unless they were building some sort of centrifugal S/C setup and were stuffing it down under there...

RHCP0801
12-13-2010, 06:16 PM
there are a couple like this, the person i bought my valve cover from had one similar

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=85023

VIZHUNZ02SI
12-13-2010, 06:47 PM
its a racing application im for serious track car it's semi custom on the barrel part the tb placement is there for the function of drawing in cooler air and dividing air equally like itb's that design has been arround for the past 6 years nothing new

jh604
12-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Hes asking $300 and he calls it a "custom venom im"