PDA

View Full Version : Retuned on 12/10/10

1GR8EP3
12-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Sup Fellas,
Well I added a couple of parts to the n/a set up which was a full 3in cai and a 3in e-cutout. I am very happy with the results mainly because my tuner cleaned up the driveability alot. The numbers before the retune were 214whp and 168wtq, I thought I made more torque than that but I guess I read it wrong the last time I seen it :mbiggrin:. With the new parts it put down 220whp and 176wtq. The biggest gains were in the midrange where it picked up 13hp and like 7tq, I will try and get the dyno sheet so you guys can see the difference. Just thought I would share the new numbers thanks

mods
k24a1
a2 cams/springs/retainers/seats
Type s aem cai
type s megan race header
qtp oval e-cutout
kpro
550 rc injectors
hondata img

Im happy with it and dont see it making much more than that since its still on the stock tb and prb mani, so now its time to save up for my stg4 clutch and boost :mwink:

bchaney
12-15-2010, 10:28 AM
a1 head? Nice numbers

What's e-cutout?

mugen03
12-15-2010, 01:46 PM
nice, i plan on doing this within a few months. my rh should be here by friday then i got to look for some cams. expect to see a few pms from me asking about your tune in the future

RHCP0801
12-15-2010, 01:48 PM
a1 head? Nice numbers

What's e-cutout?

exhaust cutout right where the cat usually is

1GR8EP3
12-15-2010, 03:33 PM
a1 head? Nice numbers

What's e-cutout?

yeah complete k24a1 with a2 cams.

e-cutout= qtp electric cutout, I went with the oval set up so I have ground clearance

1GR8EP3
12-15-2010, 03:35 PM
nice, i plan on doing this within a few months. my rh should be here by friday then i got to look for some cams. expect to see a few pms from me asking about your tune in the future

sounds good

shadowmd
12-15-2010, 03:37 PM
very nice! i wanna see a vid

1GR8EP3
12-15-2010, 05:15 PM
very nice! i wanna see a vid

Thanks man... O there will be some soon ;)

02CivicSI-VTEC
12-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Sup Fellas,
Well I added a couple of parts to the n/a set up which was a full 3in cai and a 3in e-cutout. I am very happy with the results mainly because my tuner cleaned up the driveability alot. The numbers before the retune were 214whp and 168wtq, I thought I made more torque than that but I guess I read it wrong the last time I seen it :mbiggrin:. With the new parts it put down 220whp and 176wtq. The biggest gains were in the midrange where it picked up 13hp and like 7tq, I will try and get the dyno sheet so you guys can see the difference. Just thought I would share the new numbers thanks

mods
k24a1
a2 cams/springs/retainers/seats
Type s aem cai
type s megan race header
qtp oval e-cutout
kpro
550 rc injectors
hondata img

Im happy with it and dont see it making much more than that since its still on the stock tb and prb mani, so now its time to save up for my stg4 clutch and boost :mwink:

CONGRATZ MAN, POST UP VIDEOS, i dyno around the same numbers as well and still rocking the 2.25 w/ stock axel back. its the low compression that is holding some power back.

1GR8EP3
12-19-2010, 09:14 PM
CONGRATZ MAN, POST UP VIDEOS, i dyno around the same numbers as well and still rocking the 2.25 w/ stock axel back. its the low compression that is holding some power back.

Thanks man

I have vids up in the ep3 vid section check em out. Yeah I know the compression is hurting the numbers but it was cheaper than going with the a2 head. Its done for now till next fall, got big plans coming and there will be a thread about it ;)

04EP3Hatch
12-29-2010, 06:29 PM
awesome vids man! i like a lot. 6speed though right? sounds like you run through the gears a lot

edit: just watched the end with the dead stop runs, your launchs sound like mine, anything over 20% throttle is usless haha sounds amazing dude, my next setup is this one, your using the exhaust rocker setup on the intake side right?

XytL
01-07-2011, 05:45 PM
did you tune with the cutout open or closed? I'm debating getting one with a JRSC setup, but wondering if when you open/close it it fucks up your tune. Any information I can get would be helpful. Also, would I put it onto my raceheader or onto my midpipe? Thanks a bunch.

1GR8EP3
01-13-2011, 09:09 AM
awesome vids man! i like a lot. 6speed though right? sounds like you run through the gears a lot

edit: just watched the end with the dead stop runs, your launchs sound like mine, anything over 20% throttle is usless haha sounds amazing dude, my next setup is this one, your using the exhaust rocker setup on the intake side right?
Yeah its 6speed, its alot of fun and im using the exhaust rockers on the intake side aswell.

did you tune with the cutout open or closed? I'm debating getting one with a JRSC setup, but wondering if when you open/close it it fucks up your tune. Any information I can get would be helpful. Also, would I put it onto my raceheader or onto my midpipe? Thanks a bunch.
I got it tuned with the cutout open, when its closed it doesnt do anything but make it rich and slow the car down a little bit. You can tell the difference when its open the car just pulls alot better.