PDA

View Full Version : EP3-R vs FD2 vs DC5-R

04EP3Hatch
12-12-2010, 11:05 PM
HMMM figured i'd get a good topic going, what you guys think? opinions and facts on both are welcome! Im a personal fan of the EP3-R and i'd own one over an FD2 or DC5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xvg3OM323I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB5AqAY5EpU

Tokin_Buds
12-12-2010, 11:29 PM
The EP is the funnest to drive out of the 3,no doubt! that alone is worth a sale when a car can put a smile on your face.

DC5 is the best for racing and speed, as it was designed to do so..

Dont know anything about the FD.. but this is going to sound rediculous..when I drove it on GranTurismo 5 it was easily the most boring Honda out of the dealer line up..I hated it so much I restarted the entire game with a new save(hours load time) just to have my 30whatever thousand dollars back!

SwA
12-13-2010, 05:52 AM
ep3 ftw!!

02TWSI
12-15-2010, 01:53 AM
fd2

heyvortek
12-15-2010, 12:42 PM
dc5 are overrated. been looking around and ive seen stock type s go for 11k or more. i dont get why ppl bitch when ppl sell ep3 with a k20a2 for 9k. i <3 ep3 fo show :)

LLH
12-15-2010, 01:05 PM
I got a Ep3 R, so im kind of biased towards that one of course. But if i had to make a choice today and an Fd2 was a option i would a taken that. Just becase it has four doors, and most likely can handle a child seat a little better than the ep3. It is the coolest sedan ever, i dident say it was comfy:P And it dosent use as much petrol and isent as expensive as and audi RS4.. hehe

end of story, Ep3 R is the best type R sold i europe ;)

and yes.. FD2 with all suspension uppgrades, 280 hp and some suspension tuning is easy to drive in GT5..

urthworm
12-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Love the fd2.. id have another civic if the type r was here in the states... yeah i know our fa5 is close but it just not the same car to me.
dc5 are great.. but most of the guys that drive them in my hood are snobs and seem to think acura isnt honda. That makes me like them that much less.... And they really dont like getting there ass whooped by an ep3... muhahahaha!

DrZfInEsT
12-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Id take the ep3 R just for the fact that our Ep's are so much fun to drive I can only imagine how it would be in a type R ep3 :)

Tokin_Buds
12-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Its weird how the EP is fun to drive,.. I dont know why that is? I drove a Type-S thinking id be blown away in comparison to my ep... I got out of that car with the only thoughts being its faster than my ep and Im glad I got my EP instead.. the RSX is just not fun to me I dont know why..same with our FA5..its faster but that is just because of the engine...that car was even less fun to drive than the type-s.

sleepy ep3
12-17-2010, 11:24 PM
Personally, I love the fun factor of the ep3. That's one if the reasons I have chosen to sink money into making it faster, rather than getting a different car. Dash shifter, short wheelbase, fairly lightweight, quick steering (love the feedback, I gotta say) are all reasons I love my ep3. The Fd2 is gorgeous, and I would jump at the chance to buy one. If you watch the hot version and other YouTube videos, it's not at all a shabby performer. I would honestly have to drive one to see if it's all that, and I'm sure it would be. But to live with one everyday might be a different story. You see it all the time on Top Gear. They say "wow this car is fast as hell, pretty, costs a bunch of money, etc." then when asked if they would own it they say Absolutely not. Idk, better give me both.

Tokin_Buds
12-18-2010, 10:37 AM
The FD2 just has some major problems.. one being that it was only sold in Japan so anybody that wants one will have to import it and the next major problem being is that you could get an EVO or Subaru for cheaper.. I read the type-r is actually much faster than both of those cars on the track..But the EVO and Subaru are a much better platform to build on regardless.

The DC5 type-r was only sold in Japan too Im pretty sure.

Greedy..greeedy Japanese...

superchargedk20
12-21-2010, 03:39 AM
HMMM figured i'd get a good topic going, what you guys think? opinions and facts on both are welcome! Im a personal fan of the EP3-R and i'd own one over an FD2 or DC5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xvg3OM323I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB5AqAY5EpU

my ex got me that best motoring dvd for Christmas last year. Only good thig to come out of that 2 year hell hole

04EP3Hatch
12-21-2010, 05:11 AM
my ex got me that best motoring dvd for Christmas last year. Only good thig to come out of that 2 year hell hole

OMG HAHAHAHAHAHA dude im sorry thats pretty funny

Boostedtaco
12-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Sorry, but i vote FD2 > EP3, i've driven a FG2/FA5 and its alot of fun. Almost as much fun as my s2000. unless the EP3-R is a whole nother beast....i stick to my vote.

affiq
12-21-2010, 09:04 PM
for me...i'd pick the ep3 as its rare as hell here in malaysia since honda had bring the fd2r into the malaysian market. and the fd here has alot of "Wanna bes".. and the dc5..there are more of them compared to our ep3..im driving a jdm type r..and trust me...ep3 type r can beat a fd2r in a 300meter drag race...

Passenger
12-21-2010, 10:45 PM
lots of lols @ supercharged.

superchargedk20
12-22-2010, 12:58 AM
lots of lols @ supercharged.

OMG HAHAHAHAHAHA dude im sorry thats pretty funny

yea well shes a bitch. We work together and now she dates some scrony dude from work.. Im just like wtf. Now im talking to 2 different girls. Both are into cars. One had a 00 SI before it got stolen (surprise) and a Audi TT. Other chick had a WRX and now has the new legacy. Tuff decision

Passenger
12-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Go with the wrx girl.

superchargedk20
12-22-2010, 01:23 PM
she sold it for the new legacy non turbo automatic. I rag on her all the time about it. She regrets her decision not to get the turbo ones lol