PDA

View Full Version : Aw F#@%$!!!!!!!!

icegrill
12-16-2002, 11:50 PM
I've had my 02' silver Si approximately 48hours and already it's killing me. I innocently got my windows tinted this morning and the guy bubbled the paint on the rear spoiler with the heat gun, put about a 3" scractch in the side rear glass on the driver side and marred the rubber molding on the top of the windshield. I called him and was so heated but he was out of the shop. He said to come by tomorrow and he would look at the damage. How should I handle it? This is a brand new car! I can live with the scratch and cuts in rubber, but the goddamn spoiler paint. I want a whole new oem silver spoiler. I'm not ready to have aftermarket paint on my hatch. Thanks for the vent, I've had a terrible stomach ache all day.

golferjn
12-16-2002, 11:55 PM
that's not good man. take a breather and hope everything turns out ok

civic hatch boi
12-16-2002, 11:55 PM
sounds like they didn't know what they were doing. cuss him out then make him fix everything and pay for a new wing.

atl-si
12-17-2002, 07:29 AM
Get him to pay. He should of been more careful. Idiot!

zensuit
12-17-2002, 08:44 AM
if the tinting guy is any kind of business man, then you will get satisfaction just by showing the damage. Approach firmly and politely and you usually get satisfaction. Every business man wants satisfied customers, but they WILL NOT go an inch past what's the bare minimum for jerks. I've been in retail for 30 years and I know of what I speak.

Good luck.

Z

HondaMan
12-17-2002, 09:02 AM
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Once you get the money from him to replace or fix the spoiler it should be close to enough money to buy a CTR spoiler (off Ebay or something like others here have done) and have it painted to match...just a suggestion. :)

Good Luck!

IceD out N CALI
12-17-2002, 09:11 AM
sorry to hear that. i'm sure if they're professional they'll take care of it for u. jus take it to the dealer, they'll match the oem paint and make it look like nothing happened and let the tint shop take care of the bill

Jpax
12-17-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by icegrill
, I've had a terrible stomach ache all day.

Drink some Maylox. its great for stomach aches.

or good oll pink crap... yuk

Maylox is they way to go. :D

!@#$%
12-17-2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by zensuit
if the tinting guy is any kind of business man, then you will get satisfaction just by showing the damage. Approach firmly and politely and you usually get satisfaction. Every business man wants satisfied customers, but they WILL NOT go an inch past what's the bare minimum for jerks. I've been in retail for 30 years and I know of what I speak.

Good luck.

Z

i second that!

Brettnyt
12-17-2002, 08:54 PM
I say its time to get someone else to pay for a CTR spoiler.... :D

natesi
12-17-2002, 09:10 PM
My window tinter melted the paint on my spoiler too; after retinting almost the whole car twice.

Since he did work with my dealership he said take it there and if they say he did it, he would pay for it. So that's what happened. I never saw a bill or anything.

But it still sucked. A couple weeks before that, I was hit and run. I had a sub and alarm put in and the stereo guys scratched up my dash, etc.... Not bad, but it still sucks WHEN YOU HAVE A NEW CAR DAMN IT!!!!

So all the damage to my car has not been caused by me. Which sucks.

Jpax
12-17-2002, 09:59 PM
dam hit and runners. they should be shot.

Suk02Si
12-18-2002, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
sounds like they didn't know what they were doing. cuss him out then make him fix everything and pay for a new wing.
then kick him in the nuts and run away giggling like a mad man.

nah, just approach him politely, the shop should cover the charge to repair if not replace the wing. Maybe you can get the procarparts.com wing for $100?