PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the si after a few days.

icegrill
12-17-2002, 12:00 AM
I looked through some earlier posts but didn't know if anyone had figured out how to stop the passenger side visor from rattling? With really deep bass the driver door vibrates a little. Thats it. I love this car so much, it's way smoother than a gsr and has a nice low audi like tone from the exhaust at low speeds. The si is perfect for when your done with your previously overtuned honda/acura. I love the sporty, subtle, demeanor of this car. I'm keeping it stock from motor to suspension. Peace

golferjn
12-17-2002, 12:02 AM
congrats on the si by the way

zensuit
12-17-2002, 07:15 AM
I got whipped up on at another forum, to be left anonymous, for even buying a new SI...but my feelings mirror yours. I have driven a wide variety of HP beasts, mostly American 60's and 70's muscle cars, and I am amazed at how much pull the SI produces with such smaller displacement. Yes, an SVT Cobra can whip my butt, but I also don't get pulled over every time I accelerate...hint to those thinking of an SI...the Taffeta White, without stickers and mods, seems to be virtually invisible to the law...

I also know that few of the street racers give a crap about long term driving comfort, but the cockpit of this thing couldn't be better. I drive incredibly long days sometimes and never feel like I need to get PT to walk normally.

A great car...I think the Honda mags and Tuner Mags are going to be in for a surprise when the serious aftermarket craziness starts. Right now, because it's understated compared to some of the competition, it's an underrated vehicle.

Congrats on the SI.

Z

atl-si
12-17-2002, 07:26 AM
They're just jealous!;) Congrats and welcome.

George Knighton
12-17-2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by zensuit
I got whipped up on at another forum, to be left anonymous, for even buying a new SI...

I know what you mean. People are loathe to accept anything new, because it means they have to start their own thought processes over again. It's a part of being human.

I am amazed at how much pull the SI produces with such smaller displacement.

At low RPM, it's amazing. Max torque seems to be very low, like in the 3000-3500 range. Redline comes up awfully quickly, though.

I think the Honda mags and Tuner Mags are going to be in for a surprise when the serious aftermarket craziness starts.

I agree. Jack Harris, the Honda Challenge H1 champion, has an Si and commented that he felt it was the best Honda chassis he's ever driven. People are slow to catch on right now, but in the end it'll be like the EG and EK craziness, and I'm sure Honda will be criticised again when they do away with the EP four or five years from now.

IceD out N CALI
12-17-2002, 09:17 AM
have u tried a piece of foam to stop that rattling? and welcome to the site

Jpax
12-17-2002, 09:46 AM
foam or dynomatt. with foam ;)

I have dynomatted my doors side pannals and hatch area.

I dont have any rattles.