PDA

View Full Version : locked up

ep3blue03
12-14-2010, 04:49 PM
So today when i left for work i drifted out of my driveway onto the road not meaning to . And 50 down the road i realized one of my back wheels were locked up. I went back home and parked the ep. Also my ebrake felt a little easy and i noticed my abs light was on. I was thinking my ebrake was frozen but why would my abs light be on? I live in Cleveland and it is freezing here with alot of snow. Any ideas. Thanks

RedSiBaron
12-14-2010, 04:56 PM
So today when i left for work i drifted out of my driveway onto the road not meaning to . And 50 down the road i realized one of my back wheels were locked up. I went back home and parked the ep. Also my ebrake felt a little easy and i noticed my abs light was on. I was thinking my ebrake was frozen but why would my abs light be on? I live in Cleveland and it is freezing here with alot of snow. Any ideas. Thanks

abs light indicates ANYTHING wrong with the braking system not just the abs...

Draw7Seven
12-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Dude I thought you were posting from prison. And then I read this lame thread about brakes. Sheesh.

Good luck with it, man! I'd bet it's the cold weather, sounds like you're on to something there.

Zzyzx
12-15-2010, 04:09 PM
I have a dollar on ice in the offending wheel/brake area preventing the wheel from turning.

the ABS light would come on as an error, seeing as the ABS system sees 3 wheels turning @ speed and 1 not turning at all.

EPSU3
12-15-2010, 07:21 PM
I had my rear passenger side brake lock up 2 winters ago in pittsburgh. I took the pads out and relubricated the bracket to ensure that everything could move properly, in terms of the caliper and what not. That solved the problem. It sounds weather related.

Tougeep3
12-15-2010, 07:54 PM
abs light indicates ANYTHING wrong with the braking system not just the abs...
The Brake light comes on with anything wrong. ABS is just ABS.

I have a dollar on ice in the offending wheel/brake area preventing the wheel from turning. the ABS light would come on as an error, seeing as the ABS system sees 3 wheels turning @ speed and 1 not turning at all.
Yeah that, the computer sees 3 functioning sensors and one "failed". Easy fix, don't set the emergency brake when it's freezing out.

zdiddy22
12-16-2010, 09:11 AM
definently sounds like ice. happened to my wifes car last winter in NY. once i defrosted it everything worked fine.

ep3blue03
12-16-2010, 08:15 PM
thanks guys. And yes it was just ice i put the heater on it for 2 hours and the abs light turned off and everything was smooth again.

Civic5lug
12-16-2010, 08:47 PM
vid of "drift" for pr00fz