PDA

View Full Version : Should I let my sister have the EP?

Aklass
12-14-2010, 06:13 PM
My dad bought an EP and originally I thought I was going to get it, my sister finds out and says she wants it. Should I just let her have it or try to convince dad to give it to me? Heres my conflicts:
Why she should have it:
1. She is my sister, we are close and I don't want it to come between us.
2. She is the older one and has been driving longer plus her car is an old 93 accord( I have a 99 accord atm)
3. She has a longer commute and it saves gas
Why I want it:
1. I can drive stick shift, she is not there yet
2. The car being a salvage, and me working at a shop I will being putting a lot of work into it
3. It seems more like a guys car :mbiggrin:
4. I want to mod it

tough decision....

Tokin_Buds
12-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Ive travelled A LOT in my EP3.. Ive driven it to Chicago..Wisconsin..cali..and let me tell you. it is the most horrid car ive ever been in to travel in my LIFE..i would opt for a grey hound BUS before I took my EP on another road trip..its that bad.. worse yet my friends 4 door subaru that blows the doors off my EP gets about 45mpg on road trips and I swear my EP doesnt get any better than 25mpg.. this must be due because the EP is ALWAYS revving high whereas the Subaru has 6 gears and longer gears so it just drops a gear and the revs set at like 1-2k whereas the my ep is at like 4-5+ on the highway

Here is what I would do,.. I would let her have it because I would be 95% sure she would get tired of it real fast after the fun factor to her fades and than Id look like the good guy having given her first dibs.. if she doesnt wreck it before you get it..

I agree that it is a mans car, it has a hard-core feel to it and connects you with it and makes you one with the machine.. a lot of cars are made to purposefully disconnect drivers from the driving experience.. the EP is a living,breathing machine. IF THAT MAKES ANY SENSE..drivers will understand. =)

Aklass
12-14-2010, 06:50 PM
lol I'm hoping she gets tired of it real fast, but seeing as she is really a noob at driving stick, and her route to school is full of hills I don't want her wrecking it first...

Tnhatch03
12-14-2010, 07:05 PM
i will have to see a picture of your sister before i make my decision.

emsep
12-14-2010, 07:05 PM
give her your accord and you take the ep, problem sovled everyone's happy.

Tokin_Buds
12-14-2010, 07:43 PM

...This

EPo3Hatch
12-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Give it to me..problem solved!

Aklass
12-14-2010, 08:05 PM

That was the original plan, when I first got the accord, she wanted it, now she wants the ep3...

usedep3
12-14-2010, 09:11 PM
pics of sister. then we can decide on what you should do.

Tnhatch03
12-14-2010, 10:10 PM
^

see post 4...

widebodyeg
12-14-2010, 10:17 PM
tell her bad things about the EP(i know its a hard thing to do) and that she wouldn't like it, make her want the accord more

beatfiend
12-14-2010, 10:27 PM
pics of the sister

powdbyrice
12-14-2010, 10:27 PM
ep is a guys car?

all i see are old ladies driving around here.

makavelibranded
12-14-2010, 10:46 PM
ep is a guys car?

all i see are old ladies driving around here.

idk about you but theres no old ladies on here haha i mostly see men drive these

usedep3
12-14-2010, 11:32 PM
^

see post 4...

good man :thumbu:

powdbyrice
12-14-2010, 11:50 PM
idk about you but theres no old ladies on here haha i mostly see men drive these

small x-section of the total ep owners on here...

Aklass
12-15-2010, 04:10 AM
I know better than to post pics of my family on the internet, pervs! Lol old lady with vtec...

bizzle
12-15-2010, 04:36 AM
I am pretty sure we are still waiting for the pictures...

Aklass
12-15-2010, 09:19 AM
not going to happen!

DRP967
12-15-2010, 09:32 AM
I would give the EP3 to your sister, its the brotherly thing to do.

SUSHI_NE1
12-15-2010, 10:16 AM
I agree... The EP is the WORST road trip car... The seats will kill your back and if there is any traffic the shifting with wear the crap out of your arm. It's an awesome car, but not for long distances. I would just talk to your sis and explain this to her. Let her know what your plans are and maybe hook her up with your car... :-)
Plus, not knowing stick shift is a big NO NO with the EP.... The tranny already has its problems as it is. ;-)

bluebullitt2003
12-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Ive travelled A LOT in my EP3.. Ive driven it to Chicago..Wisconsin..cali..and let me tell you. it is the most horrid car ive ever been in to travel in my LIFE..i would opt for a grey hound BUS before I took my EP on another road trip..its that bad.. worse yet my friends 4 door subaru that blows the doors off my EP gets about 45mpg on road trips and I swear my EP doesnt get any better than 25mpg.. this must be due because the EP is ALWAYS revving high whereas the Subaru has 6 gears and longer gears so it just drops a gear and the revs set at like 1-2k whereas the my ep is at like 4-5+ on the highway

Here is what I would do,.. I would let her have it because I would be 95% sure she would get tired of it real fast after the fun factor to her fades and than Id look like the good guy having given her first dibs.. if she doesnt wreck it before you get it..

I agree that it is a mans car, it has a hard-core feel to it and connects you with it and makes you one with the machine.. a lot of cars are made to purposefully disconnect drivers from the driving experience.. the EP is a living,breathing machine. IF THAT MAKES ANY SENSE..drivers will understand. =)

i completely agree with the part about driving distances. I bought this car in february of this year and im a hardcore fisherman, and let me tell you.....I hate driving to the fishing spots. I usually drive about 3 hours away to fish, and after 3 hours of driving it feels like some one just drove a semi into my back. Let your sister have the car. I love the EP and the driving experience, but its just not the car for daily commuting. You will be much happier w/o it :)

Rasy
12-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Give the car to your sister.

Learning a stick won't take long. The EP can go long distances, it helped that I swapped in the RSX leather seats with lumbar support.

It seems like she more driving experience than you.

Modifying a car, unless it's with OEM parts, will decrease the reliability and increase headaches in the long run.

Don't let the car get between you two, you'll get to drive it from time to time, and it'll be more fun to you that way - honestly.

Aklass
12-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Modifying as in mostly asthetics and oem/ aftermarket. Handling/brake mods and a retrofit

shanewdude
12-15-2010, 03:17 PM
I like my ep for long trips. I've only had motorcycles and an old EG to compare to, though, so maybe I'm missing something!

I say let the person who paid for the car decide who gets it. Sounds like your sister lost out over the Accord...

Aklass
12-15-2010, 03:49 PM
That is whats happening, the only thing that I hate is that, I was the person who mounted and balanced the tires as well as clean up the carpet, and I will be the one who has to do the tune-up, alignment, inspection, and brakes. at this point I'm guessing like all things, once she gets it she gets tired of driving stick shift in the Baltimore traffic she'll take my offer and trade for my accord.

ttttrigg3r
12-15-2010, 04:54 PM
pics of sister. then we can decide on what you should do.

LOL i was just about to say that

Sorry to thread jack but what would anyone suggest to do to have better rides on road trips? Swapping for leather RSX seats is just too much money.

robotichatch
12-15-2010, 06:10 PM
ive taken 9 hour drives in my ep, and it was very nice,used to drive a caddy before. no back problems here. even smoked some herb on the journey and the seats started talking to me, they are good people.

but for real shanewdude knows whats up. who did pay for these hondas?

Aklass
12-15-2010, 07:56 PM
dad paid for it, as with all our cars, he told me he was giving it to me when he won the auction, then my sis complained and said she wanted it so he changed his mind

SIisaLowRydaEP3
12-15-2010, 09:03 PM
ive driven my EP from NY to FL then back 2 times before i drove 2 FL for good i never had problems besides when i was moving down and had a ton of stuff in my car and was scraping on all bumps cause of the drop on it

Aklass
12-15-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm getting a retrofit package for Christmas, now I guess I just have to wait to find out which car I'm retrofitting

shanewdude
12-16-2010, 05:14 AM
You work, so why don't you save up and buy your own ep?

Aklass
12-16-2010, 06:03 AM
Its unpaid work sadly, teens don't have ase certification or formal training

ep_curious
12-16-2010, 07:48 AM
let your sister have it...after a couple of stalls in traffic, she will be so embarrassed and annoyed that she would be begging you to trade for your accord. and this way you look like the hero...

Aklass
12-16-2010, 07:59 AM
like i said, originally dad was going to give me the EP3 and give her my accord then she said she wanted the EP3 so now its hers, but I'm guessing she'll get sick of it, and at least I get the car for a week or two first since I have to work on it, but the car won't be at 100% =(

T_Virus
12-16-2010, 01:24 PM
let your sister have it...after a couple of stalls in traffic, she will be so embarrassed and annoyed that she would be begging you to trade for your accord. and this way you look like the hero...

I agree...I was trying to each my wife how to drive my EP and I was suprised she only stalled once. then next week she stalled only once. After that she got lazy and didn't practice for 2 months and also due to the rain. Then she tried again but this time she just kept stalling and making the EP jump on 1st gear which got her really scared and she quit. Since then she will never want to drive a manual car again. I kept telling her to practice just incase I need her to drive my car but she won't.

Aklass
12-16-2010, 03:29 PM
ehh shes already thinking of selling her old car... um EP3 isn't even done with inspection for another month... oh well I'm just going to let her get ahead of herself until she learns herself

bizzle
12-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Women are usually too busy talking on their cellphones or applying makeup while driving that it makes it nearly impossible to drive a manual transmission equipped vehicle.

any chicks here please do not stab me.

Aklass
12-16-2010, 03:40 PM
lol she doesn't do that, but she always complains about how shes tired... ummm driving stick shift takes concentration and if you're already tired... driving stick in traffic is going to kill her. How long do you think she'll last?

bizzle
12-16-2010, 04:24 PM
lol she doesn't do that, but she always complains about how shes tired... ummm driving stick shift takes concentration and if you're already tired... driving stick in traffic is going to kill her. How long do you think she'll last?

3 stalls trying to get out of the drive way or stalling while trying to parallel park.

Aklass
12-16-2010, 04:54 PM
gonna take more than that, she tried my dads car and stalled out at least 5 times on a hill not to mention jerking it a few times, poor clutch =( I actually had to teach her how to drive my dads car...

4lugSLUG
12-16-2010, 05:59 PM
should you put your nuts in a guillotine? theres your answer.

Aklass
12-16-2010, 06:04 PM
lol! umm no! It seems like its going to be her car more than mine at this point. I'll just help her out then, because its easier to push a rock down a hill than up a hill

BeaterEP
12-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Dunno if anyone's mentioned this yet, but having grown up with two sisters, I know the whiny jealous brat card when I hear it.
"Why does heeee get the new caaaaar? Iiiii want the new caaaaar!"

Tell her to suck it up and get over it, she can't even drive a standard, she doesn't get to play.
She'll get over it. Tight as hell with my sisters these days, but we came through rough "I hate you!" patches aplenty.

She's acting spoiled. That doesn't deserve a reward. :thumbd:

Aklass
12-16-2010, 08:06 PM
lol yep, altough I do love my 99 accord, so I win either way I guess

superd16girl
12-17-2010, 12:11 AM
Women are usually too busy talking on their cellphones or applying makeup while driving that it makes it nearly impossible to drive a manual transmission equipped vehicle.

any chicks here please do not stab me.

So if I don't stab you can I punch you in the face? Just kidding.

I know its already been decided, but I would say keep it for yourself. You were supposed to get it, who cares what she thinks or wants especially since she does not know how to drive stick. Not like it really matters, its easy to learn and I would prefer it any day over an auto.

Have to chime in on the RSX seats- I got them for my EP and I absolutely hate them! I drove to Import Allaince from WI with them and I could barely walk when I got out of my car. I can't wait to get them the hell out of my car, sometime. I am willing to trade them for EP3 seats straight up if someone really wants them. All my passengers agree about the RSX seats. Maybe its a WI thing.

Aklass
12-17-2010, 05:50 AM
I would like to keep it for myself, that is what bums me, I work my ass off to get this car ready thinking it is for myself, then she complains that she never gets anything "nice" yeah.... she got her 93 accord 220k miles on it, I got my 99 accord with 200k miles on it, the only difference is I put the work into mine to have it where it is at today. She wanted my accord and now I'm offering to her and she doesn't want it.

MEAN IRISH GUY
12-17-2010, 07:15 AM
sounds to me like shes being a stubborn bitch in true brat fashion. she will prolly take the EP and put a vase on the dashboard like a vw bug and turn into into a grocery getter mom vehicle. simple solution: threaten her daily with physical harm until she becomes afraid to leave her bedroom. you cant leave the house, you cant drive a car.

emsep
12-17-2010, 01:31 PM
if youre the one that put all the work into it you should drive it.

BeaterEP
12-17-2010, 02:36 PM
if youre the one that put all the work into it you should drive it.

www.troof.org/realtalk
:mbiggrin:

02ES1
12-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Just let her have it and get sick of it. It's not worth the fight and you'll look like the good guy. Who knows, maybe the next car your dad gets will be an S2K or something that you like even more! She is your older sister, and she was driving an old-school 93 Accord for how long? She'll prolly get sick of it before she's destroyed it, and if she kills the clutch use it as an excuse to upgrade to a lightwieght flywheel and stage 1 or 2 clutch :thumbu:

As far as long trips and your back hurting... maybe I just have the advantage of youth on my side (or far less comfortable cars) but I drove 16,000 miles around the country this summer in my EP with coilovers that have a max ride height of a 1" drop. I was soooo comfortable that I was typically driving 6-12 hours per day when I needed to get somewhere. You just have to adjust your seat and steering wheel correctly :mbiggrin:

robotichatch
12-17-2010, 07:59 PM
J You just have to adjust your seat and steering wheel correctly :mbiggrin:

exactly

Aklass
12-17-2010, 08:56 PM
At this point, I claim the car as mine because of all the work and dedication I put into it to get it road worthy, and while I was doing all this, my sister just spent 8 hours a day with her boyfriend doing stupid shit

MEAN IRISH GUY
12-18-2010, 07:09 AM
just take it. if she complains beat up her bitch boyfriend.

Aklass
12-18-2010, 11:53 AM
I think the car doesn't like me lol, went to put on a wheel today and the wheel lock snapped... still I think I'm going to get it at this point

Johnny
12-19-2010, 02:06 AM
Hmmm, that's strange. Pictures of our sister aren't loading.

That's very thoughtful of you thinking about your sister like this. I wish I had this kind of relationship in my family.

I say flip a quarter and see who gets it. If she wins, let her be happy. Life goes on. If you win, you won yourself a really nice daily driver. It's a Honda so you know it's made from kryptonite and will last you till the wheels fall off.

Edit:
I think the car doesn't like me lol, went to put on a wheel today and the wheel lock snapped... still I think I'm going to get it at this point

Nevermind. Looks like their falling off already

Aklass
12-19-2010, 05:46 AM
Hmmm, that's strange. Pictures of our sister aren't loading.

That's very thoughtful of you thinking about your sister like this. I wish I had this kind of relationship in my family.

I say flip a quarter and see who gets it. If she wins, let her be happy. Life goes on. If you win, you won yourself a really nice daily driver. It's a Honda so you know it's made from kryptonite and will last you till the wheels fall off.

Edit:

Nevermind. Looks like their falling off already

Lol not falling apart, car is a salvage and can easily do 80 no sweat, the wheel lock is because I took a small turn with a breaker bar on the lock and it just snapped

NyCSnEaK
12-30-2010, 05:48 AM
just take it. if she complains beat up her bitch boyfriend.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

HeartTreyEP3
01-06-2011, 02:16 AM
So, then... What you're saying is, no pictures of your sister?

justbobo
01-06-2011, 03:41 AM
Pics of boyfriend then ?