PDA

View Full Version : what belt on frank build?

ep-unit
12-15-2010, 10:59 PM
what belt do i get for my k24a1/k20a frank build. I am running the k24a1 CP and a type-s water pump and still using the A3 alternator, AC and idler pulley. sorry but i searched and could find anything :mbiggrin:

ep-unit
12-16-2010, 07:15 PM
anyone..?

Lucid Moments
12-16-2010, 07:43 PM
I believe you will use the stock belt for the CRV/Element/Accord on that. All the accessory pulley's should be very close to the same diameter and the main difference should be the height difference in the block.

Except now that I write that I'm not sure which vehicle has EPS and which has hydraulic PS. And that will definitely make a difference. Crap.

bchaney
12-17-2010, 06:14 AM
I talked to Deadphishy about this - he said to use the ep3 belt. I'm running an a2 CP... have you thought about using one of these? Depending on how high you plan to rev you may overdrive your accessories.

You should compare sizes to confirm this but I think the a1 CP and a2 water pump pulley are the same sizes as the stock ep3 ones so an ep belt should work.

ep-unit
12-17-2010, 01:30 PM
I talked to Deadphishy about this - he said to use the ep3 belt. I'm running an a2 CP... have you thought about using one of these? Depending on how high you plan to rev you may overdrive your accessories.

You should compare sizes to confirm this but I think the a1 CP and a2 water pump pulley are the same sizes as the stock ep3 ones so an ep belt should work.

I plan on keep my revs low(7100-7300) due to not installing the a2 oil pump should I still swap out the crank pulley, or should I be fine, and will not rev out the accessory pulleys

bchaney
12-18-2010, 07:29 AM
I would guess you'll be fine since you're closer to the a3 6800 redline than the a2s 7800

Doesn't hurt to have the smaller CP tho, especially if you plan on redlining often