PDA

View Full Version : Will RSX Rear subframe fit onto an 04' EP3?

blue2turbo
12-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Alright so I found someone who is parting out an RSX-S and I am in need of some parts. I am wondering, will the rear trailing Arms (the part the rear shock bolts into) fit onto my EP3?

Basically, previous owner must have had a siezed bolt and had to cut it out to get the rear shock out. So I would like to replace the rear trailing arms so that the factory threads are in place. Problem is, people don't part out their EP3's that often and I can't find much at the junkyards.

If anyone knows, please let me know. Thank you!

ShadowEP3
12-16-2010, 09:05 PM
i see youre from VA

blue2turbo
12-16-2010, 09:22 PM
yea..... and....

ShadowEP3
12-16-2010, 10:04 PM
nothing..just noting that youre from VA

blue2turbo
12-16-2010, 10:09 PM
nothing..just noting that youre from VA

yea and right now it sucks... toooo cold... can't wait to move further south in a couple years! Although the snow got me out of work early today and delay tomorrow, so I had plenty of time to work on the car and get super pissed when bolts were siezed, yay! haha.

usedep3
12-17-2010, 07:08 AM
Alright so I found someone who is parting out an RSX-S and I am in need of some parts. I am wondering, will the rear trailing Arms (the part the rear shock bolts into) fit onto my EP3?

Basically, previous owner must have had a siezed bolt and had to cut it out to get the rear shock out. So I would like to replace the rear trailing arms so that the factory threads are in place. Problem is, people don't part out their EP3's that often and I can't find much at the junkyards.

If anyone knows, please let me know. Thank you!

it might bolt up. they are different but just slightly. the part of the rear trailing arm (where the shock meets the trailing arm) that you mentioned is different. the rsx is wider so you'll need a different bushing or something else to make up for the difference. also the rear LCA's are different. the way the 3 bolts on each LCA is lined up is different.

blue2turbo
12-17-2010, 09:39 AM
it might bolt up. they are different but just slightly. the part of the rear trailing arm (where the shock meets the trailing arm) that you mentioned is different. the rsx is wider so you'll need a different bushing or something else to make up for the difference. also the rear LCA's are different. the way the 3 bolts on each LCA is lined up is different.

Damn, that's what I was afraid of. I guess I will have to keep trying to find trailing arm from an EP3. I am afraid to call the dealer and ask how much that costs, cause I'm sure it's not cheap...