PDA

View Full Version : '02 Si or '03 EX?

Slainte
12-17-2002, 09:05 AM
Hey, i'm a new member to the site... I'm in the middle of my decision, and i'm trying to get the most information i can. What has been your experience with the Si? Anyone who can compare the two trim levels with first-hand experience would be greatly appreciated. How has the K20 reacted to the mods you guys have put on it? One thing i am curious about is the shifter, is the new position positive/negative? Any info would help... Thanks and i hope i'll be posting when i get my new Si... =)

!@#$%
12-17-2002, 10:09 AM
If you plan to mod the engine.....dont look back.

get the si. Before my si i had a 01 lx and its the same motor as the ex minus 10 hp. It was soooo weak compared to the si. The aftermarket will be much larger than the 7th gen civics in another year or so becuase we have the rsx engine.

2.0L DOHC spells more potential than 1.7L SOHC

grooveline
12-17-2002, 10:20 AM
I was in the same boat awhile back. ex or si, ex or si. I drove both. the Si had more torque, bad ass seats, and the cool factor. the ex had decent ride quality, an arm rest, and a trunk. i chose the Si for the above reasons, and because the ex responds poorly to mods, while the Si is waiting to be uncorked.

zensuit
12-17-2002, 10:23 AM
I did a little rally driving and every modified rally car that I drove, even way back, had a shifter located closer to the SI position. I test drove the EX and the SI...no comparison...the SI is pretty sweet stock, and if you don't stick a bunch of decals on it, looks like a rocket of a mini van, lol....:D

IceD out N CALI
12-17-2002, 11:32 AM
the ex is more sensible in that it is conservative but good quality u expect from honda-cant go wrong with the ex. the si has more of a love it or hate it styling to it. Obviously most everyone here loves it. If you dont love it you'd probably be better off with the Ex.
the si is nice and torquelike down low where 90% of driving gonna be (makes everyday life better when udont have to floor it or have a heavy foot to move, like in the ex) The shifter is not that bad, feels somewhat natural. Some have said trying to shift on the si is like constantly having your arm extended out to the radio knobs-that is an exaggeration. it does not extend that far. With the low price of the si these days, its hard to beat. the si has only been out for 8 months or so, and has a much better performance aftermarket than the regular civic that has been out since late 2000, and is only going to get better.
in the end, get the car u feel most comfortable in, and if you're a little unsure of the si long term resale value, just lease it for 3 years like I did. no worries here
:)

sniperSI
12-17-2002, 11:54 AM
I agree, i had an 00 LX w/ I/Eand traded it for an 02 si, hands down the SI is a way better all around car then the lx/ex.

Suspension is bett3r engine, everything is better, with the lower prices of the SI you cannot go wrong at all.

SI, + it sets you apart from the 23423402743528394 ex owners, and the SI probably won't sell (i hope) after 2004, sso you will be pretty orignal, not to mention you won't find excuses to drive, look, show off, and love the ex like you do the SI. I swear i feel like i should be a marketing agent for honda, all the shit i do for my/in my SI that would be perfect in a honda commercial.