PDA

View Full Version : Got Bored at the weekend, look what happened !!

steve_jones
12-17-2002, 10:32 AM
Alpine tv screen , and DVD player, what a job, as I had to install my amp as well , lost count of the amount of plastic clips I broke !!

Never Mind all done now :)

Steve

silver ep
12-17-2002, 10:35 AM
Damn fine install! Ive gotta get one of those :D

IceD out N CALI
12-17-2002, 11:39 AM
Nice install, you got the screen, and the double DIN

myeverlovinsir
12-17-2002, 11:45 AM
Nice job! what is that sticky on your windshield pass. side?:D

steve_jones
12-17-2002, 12:08 PM
Thats my tax disc holder, i need a better one, but thats what came with the car

Steve

HondaMan
12-17-2002, 01:13 PM
Sweet...I want one of those! My son would love watching DVDs on it but then again that's one reason why I got my laptop. hehe

golferjn
12-17-2002, 01:15 PM
looks nice

I_VTEC
12-17-2002, 04:31 PM
Not to be a moron, but what exactly is a tax disc holder? We don't have those in the states, so please ellaborate. Looks good mate!

Regards,

Andrew

HK_EP3
12-17-2002, 05:06 PM
what is that??? it looks like a right handed drive si... im confused... did u flip the pic??? haha

steve_jones
12-17-2002, 05:09 PM
No probs, in the UK our road tax system is done by a yearly charge to all drivers for each vehicle they own, the latest system is worked out on co2 emmissions, so on a type r it works out to about 160ukp a year.

Every car has a paper disc in its window, saying what month your tax runs out, ie 03 03 would be march 2003, its illegal not to have one and the law can do you for not displaying or having one,

HTH

Steve

how does it work over there ?

Steve

importhonda
12-17-2002, 06:26 PM
haha, got it... Over here we call them registration stickers and they go on our rear license plate. We pay according to the smog, year and value of our cars, I believe.

I love finding out differences between countries

HondaMan
12-17-2002, 06:31 PM
In some areas of the USA (mainly big cities like Atlanta) you have to get emissions tests done every 1-2 years and you have to pass it in order to renew your car tag and/or get sticker to display on your front windshield that proves you passed the test. Passing that test is easy for newer cars like ours.

myeverlovinsir
12-17-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by steve_jones
No probs, in the UK our road tax system is done by a yearly charge to all drivers for each vehicle they own, the latest system is worked out on co2 emmissions, so on a type r it works out to about 160ukp a year.

Every car has a paper disc in its window, saying what month your tax runs out, ie 03 03 would be march 2003, its illegal not to have one and the law can do you for not displaying or having one,

HTH

Steve

how does it work over there ?

Steve

Thats interesting, I think you guys are doing it right. Emission standards in the NA market are less regulated compared to you!
Thanks for sharing.:)

Jpax
12-17-2002, 09:56 PM
sweet install homie :D

steve_jones
12-18-2002, 02:47 AM
Oh and, after a car is over 3 years old, it has to have a yearly test called at MOT, in which a qualified tester checks over your entire car for road worthyness, including emmessions, and issues you with a certificate that you need to renew you car tax as well

Complicated !

:)

Steve

I_VTEC
12-24-2002, 12:16 PM
Very complicated. Ours is simple, but dealers will rape you for them to do it. We have an annual sticker that goes invalid at the owner's birthdate. Uk sure is beautiful, i'll be over there in 6 months, can't wait!

steve_jones
12-24-2002, 06:21 PM
cool , where are you headed when ur over here, work play both ?

Steve

C1V1C
12-24-2002, 11:24 PM
In my country, we can bargain for speeding ticket on site, and end up without paying it at all. Just by saying "Hold on, let me call your lieutenant, what's your name again ?" :)

Car Registration ? What is that ? Well we do have some pieces of paper regarding ownership etc, renewal, a police will come to my place pick it up everytime it is the time to renew.

Emission Test ? What emission test ? Do we have the equipment to test it, I don't think so.

Sounds like HEAVEN huh !?

hehehhe :) Just sharing ..... differences between countries.

Btw, it is a right hand drive.

greenguy
12-26-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by C1V1C
In my country, we can bargain for speeding ticket on site, and end up without paying it at all. Just by saying "Hold on, let me call your lieutenant, what's your name again ?" :)

Car Registration ? What is that ? Well we do have some pieces of paper regarding ownership etc, renewal, a police will come to my place pick it up everytime it is the time to renew.

Emission Test ? What emission test ? Do we have the equipment to test it, I don't think so.

Sounds like HEAVEN huh !?

hehehhe :) Just sharing ..... differences between countries.

Btw, it is a right hand drive.
:) I just filled up on 91 octaine today and paid $1.49 a gallone. What do you pay.
BTW the sun is shinning.:p
Your country makes better beer! "New Castle" that is!

steve_jones
12-27-2002, 02:28 PM
We pay 79.9 pence per litre of Unleaded, ( work it out for yourself )

Ouch i I say

Steve

napapacoda
12-28-2002, 11:53 PM
Whats up with this 91 octane? The only stuff I see around here (north east)is 87, 89(only suckers buy that) and 93. I think some gas stations around here sell 94, but it'll cost ya.

type r daddy
01-02-2003, 01:07 PM
94??? the lowest we have here in the uk which is the standard is 95Ron, can get 97 or 98 Ron but cost more!
petrol is set to go up in price due to the war!!

most_hatedSi02
01-06-2003, 08:41 PM
I wanted to get the Alpine but I was able to get a great deal on the Sony Mex-5DI..so I decieded to go with it, and when I'm more prepared I'm going to get the Alpine, I want to add an extra screen...Looks Great!
I'll post pics when I get my inferior Sony installed.

cadoodoo
01-09-2003, 03:28 PM
hey man i like that man. 1 question though... how much did that cost you! -cadu-:D