PDA

View Full Version : cosport bushings?

tqk
12-21-2010, 01:09 PM
i just replaced my shifter bushings and they feel alot better but there's still a little give when it's in gear? will the corsport shifter cable bushing eliminate the give or is this the best it's gonna feel? please let me know if you have both done and if it makes a difference. thanks

civictype_r04
12-21-2010, 01:16 PM
I did both at the sametime and also did the buddyclub short shifter and it is tight!!!! I say get the cable bushing and it should get tighter!!!

whatsvtec
12-21-2010, 01:19 PM
I've only done the hybrid racing cable bushings. I love them. I'm glad to hear the base bushings provide more stiffness, I still have yet to install mine. Try out both and see what you find? DIY's are popular on the site lol

tqk
12-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Also could someone post the install for the shifter cable bushings. just decided to get them and can take all the help i can take. shifter bushings were easy but i hear the cable bushings are a B!@CH.

civictype_r04
12-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Just made a DIY for you dude!!!

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?60711-DIY-Shift-Cable-Bushings&p=828411#post828411

Twisted-X
12-21-2010, 04:14 PM
They aren't too bad if you remove your intake and battery. I just lubed the hell out of them with white lithium grease, put the insert in, and tapped on the end of the c-clip with a small hammer. I will admit, the bigger insert took a few tries as the clip likes to "jump" out of the groove. Take your time, and don't lose the c-clips!

If you have c-clip pliers, this job is a snap. Unfortunately, I couldn't find mine.

civictype_r04
12-21-2010, 05:26 PM
They aren't too bad if you remove your intake and battery. I just lubed the hell out of them with white lithium grease, put the insert in, and tapped on the end of the c-clip with a small hammer. I will admit, the bigger insert took a few tries as the clip likes to "jump" out of the groove. Take your time, and don't lose the c-clips!

If you have c-clip pliers, this job is a snap. Unfortunately, I couldn't find mine.

I just pushed the c clips on with my pliers nothing special.

lordofthesiths
12-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Don't go with the corsport shifter cable bushings. give it a vary notchy feel. get the hybrid racing they feel so smooth.