PDA

View Full Version : Help With DIY HID install besides plug and play!

Jiggaboojeff
12-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Stupid but worth asking I received HID as a gift and when I tried to install them inspected everything nothing was damaged I was hoping it was plug and play but it didn't work so is there another way to install them that I don't know about?

Thank you!

vicx52o
12-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Pics of the actual kit would help... Also stating what year your EP3 would help as well.

jed_averill
12-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Check your ground. That was my mistake.

Jiggaboojeff
12-22-2010, 03:10 AM
my cars an 03 forgot what brand of HID's they are my friend told me its something with the pins but i'm not sure anymore everything is confusing me haha ill post the pictures up tomorrow around 7pm (pacific time) when I get off work thanks for the help guys!

emsep
12-29-2010, 12:05 AM
i had to flip the pins inside my plugs around cus the power was on the wrong side.

ckelvin5
01-18-2011, 10:09 PM
mine is plug and play and they dont turn on the high beams work you think the pins in mine need to be flipped if so which ones please?

Passenger
01-18-2011, 10:17 PM
Theres a part on the ballast, where a female connector wire connects to a male.. Usually they have tabs on one side to help secure the connection and make sure it won't get loose.
If you have it hooked up like that, try unplugging & turning the female one around to where its not sitting on that little prong. And yes you can drive around w/ it like that it won't fall off.

03_CivicSi
01-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Our cars work different then others.... easy fix... just flip the 2 pins.
unless u have a hi low kit.

I got 2 of the same kits, put one on my car and one on my bros. his worked mine didn't. went in there with a test light and noticed our ground is different.

jwjknorr
07-26-2011, 05:00 PM
I have after market headlights with the high and lows on different bulbs, any recommendations on what hid kit to get for this application.

PatrickJamesYu
07-27-2011, 04:00 PM
I have after market headlights with the high and lows on different bulbs, any recommendations on what hid kit to get for this application.
Get HID's for your low's
and keep the High halogen.