PDA

View Full Version : K20A Kmanager Calibration (Near Stock)

epiphany47
12-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Does any one have a K manager calibration for a K20a (JDM) with Only Cold Air on it? If not other suggestions are welcome. My Kpro should be coming soon. Thanks.

AKEP
12-23-2010, 04:14 AM
I thought Kmanager comes with base maps for that. iirc it should let you choose the k20a basemap. i left my laptop at home tonight or i'd check. you can download k manager and check, just click on File>new calibration... and the drop down menu should have the k20a listed...

talonXracer
12-23-2010, 06:24 AM
You will find that there is very little difference between the K20A and K20A2 calibrations, in fact the K20A cal is the a2 cal with street tuning.

Be sure to swap over to the proper oil senders.

epiphany47
12-23-2010, 10:25 PM
You will find that there is very little difference between the K20A and K20A2 calibrations, in fact the K20A cal is the a2 cal with street tuning.

Be sure to swap over to the proper oil senders.

I have the oil senders fron the k20a, not from my old k20a3. Do i still need new senders? If so, What sensors do i need? Where can I find an the oil pressure senders? Will there be a harness issue?

urthworm
12-24-2010, 10:18 AM
I used the ep3 harness. If you use the ep harness you will need to use the ep3 knock sensor.

Since the k20a doesnt have the vtec oil pressure switch you will have a dangling lose plug above the vtec spool, but you just turn that sensor off with kpro.

The kmanager does have a k20a map but it didnt work for my car. No surprise since i live at 5000ft.

Not sure what the oil sender thing is you guys are talking about...?

I just did this swap a year ago.. if you have any other questions feel free to ask.