PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Issue help please!

04EpNewb
12-23-2010, 11:22 AM
hey everyone,

It's been raining hard for the past few days non-stop and before it was raining When ever i Locked my car with my factory remote (i have the stock factory alarm) the car would honk to confirm it's been locked. and when i unlocked it it would have a short beep to confirm alarm is disabled.

Now when every i Lock my car with remote it doesnt Honk to confirm nor does the lights flash to confirm it's been locked. But it does lock my car. and when i unlock it, it doesnt beep.

The remote locks and unlocks car but it doesnt honk/beep and lights dont flash like they use to. to confirm that it's been locked/unlocked

please help!!

talonXracer
12-23-2010, 11:45 AM
It could need reprograming. I thought there were directions for doing that in the install directions for the factory optional alarm.

Have you tried to set the alarm with the window open and then opening the door manually to see if the alarm is setting and it isnt just the door locks activating???

04EpNewb
12-23-2010, 01:17 PM
it is setting. the light on the steering wheel is flashing and so does the red light on the radio. It's just that when ever i lock it with the remote it doesnt honk like before and nor does the lights light up. even when i unlock it doesnt even beep.

usedep3
12-23-2010, 04:33 PM
did you bring it in for service recently. i forget how to do it, but there's a procedure to turn the horn on or off for the alram. the tech's at honda use it all the time.

04EpNewb
12-23-2010, 04:44 PM
i haven't brought it in for service at all recently. Been doing my own oil changes and checking fluids n what not.

It's just that it stopped working during the last couple of rainy days. It was working fine before it was raining dont know if that coud've done something to it..... since there is a procedure to disable the horn... does it also disable the headlights/taillights flashing everytime you lock/unlock the door? because my lights dont flash as well like they did when i used my remote.

talonXracer
12-23-2010, 05:23 PM
The procedures for reprogramming the factory alarm is in the owners manual for the alarm(not the vehicle owners manual)

04EpNewb
12-24-2010, 07:32 PM
ok. My Alarm is out... how do i get it to work again? did a fuse blow or something.... what i did to confirm was i sat in my car locked my self in waited a few then opened the door.. normally it would go off but it didn't.... the mini light on the steering colum doesnt flash anymore.. just the "factory alarm" light on the stock radio flashes...

HELP what do i doo... i dont want to take it in to the stealership!!!

04EpNewb
12-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Also it doesnt Auto lock like it used to...anyone got any tips? Is there a fuse i can try and replace? or anything i can do to trouble shoot before i take it in anywhere... could really use some guidance. TY all for viewing

04EpNewb
12-31-2010, 08:38 AM
Ok i found the operating manual. Question If it's placed in valet mode does that prevent the car from beeping/honking? and you're only able to the remote as a keyless entry? and does the light on the steering colum stop blinking?

AKEP
01-01-2011, 06:17 PM
try to change it, see how it works...

we have a factory alarm? or was that optional?

04EpNewb
01-03-2011, 04:13 PM
it was in VALET mode rofl i printed out the manual and did the "exit valet mode" procdure and it worked. Dont know how it went into valet mode in the first place..... the hard rain must've done something to my cars electronics.

Thank you all for viewing and posting much appreciated =D