PDA

View Full Version : Quick AAV question

Twisted-X
12-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Earlier this year I removed the intake manifold cover on my car because I like to be able to see the engine, and I find it kind of blingy. Now that its colder, I'm starting to hear a clicking noise around the area of the AAV and #4 injector, that seems to be in time with the injector when I rev the motor. Is this normal? It seems to get quieter and stop occasionally once the engine is warmed up. Just curious as I never noticed the noise with the cover on.

No cells, no misfires, no lean conditions.

Thanks

talonXracer
12-23-2010, 05:25 PM
The AAV only operates when the coolant temp is below 147 degrees. I am more apt to consider the injector as the source of the noise. It could also be the valve lash on the #4.

I have not had the AAV installed for years now and have had ZERO issues driving the car even when the temps are below ZERO. I also do not have the TB heater connected either.

Twisted-X
12-23-2010, 06:39 PM
I'll try disconnecting and plugging the AAV hoses/fittings and see if that does anything. Would removing the injector and soaking the nozzle side in carb cleaner help?
It hasn't effected the drive-ability of the car any, I was just curious if this was normal.
Thanks

talonXracer
12-23-2010, 07:14 PM
To isolate the AAV all you need to do is to unplug the line from the AAV to the mani and cap the mani's nipple. carb cleaner will not clean injectors, they need to be done on a specific cleaner machine.

Twisted-X
12-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Hmm. Okay, thanks!