PDA

View Full Version : Gettin ready for my swap few parts questions

Tortoise
12-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Im gettin ready to do my k24a1 swap. Jus a few questions. First is what header should i get? my budget is 500 and ive been hearing this is the best option http://www.clubrsx.com/clubep3/CLU-SSRH.html

Also will this clutch package be sufficient? My budget for clutch and flywheel is also 500.

http://www.clubrsx.com/clubep3/CC-CK-8037-1-ST.html Any better options?

and for the manifold im gonna run an RBC. Doees this jus bolt right up and fit with the rad support? and will i need the carcepts adapter to run my powerchamber?

Thanks a lot guys!

talonXracer
12-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Decent header, I would opt for a stronger clutch myself, I prefer the CM FX300 and a ACT streetlite fly(or typeR). The RBC will require the same modification as it would need to be installed on a typeS or a stock A3 head. You will probably need to mod the rad support as well as the hood skeleton. You will need the Karcepts adaptor regardless of the intake used as it is for mounting the TB.

Tortoise
12-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Decent header, I would opt for a stronger clutch myself, I prefer the CM FX300 and a ACT streetlite fly(or typeR). The RBC will require the same modification as it would need to be installed on a typeS or a stock A3 head. You will probably need to mod the rad support as well as the hood skeleton. You will need the Karcepts adaptor regardless of the intake used as it is for mounting the TB.

guess i cant run the rbc cuz i cant go cuttin up a cf hood:(

talonXracer
12-24-2010, 09:49 PM
It is the skeleton that needs a little material trimmed, their is no issue with doing that on a Cf hood anymore than the stockie. You could also do as I did and remove the brake booster nipple from the mani and tap it for a AN fitting that will clear the hood.

I actually prefer the PRB/PRC mani for the K24A1, the engine will be a far better DD engine configured like that.

Tortoise
12-24-2010, 11:42 PM
It is the skeleton that needs a little material trimmed, their is no issue with doing that on a Cf hood anymore than the stockie. You could also do as I did and remove the brake booster nipple from the mani and tap it for a AN fitting that will clear the hood.

I actually prefer the PRB/PRC mani for the K24A1, the engine will be a far better DD engine configured like that.
Which manifold is that? Stock ep3? Wont i loose power with that over the stock k24a1 manifold?

sleepy ep3
12-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Which manifold is that? Stock ep3? Wont i loose power with that over the stock k24a1 manifold?

He's saying that due to the useable powerband of the manifold in question. The RBC makes it's power in the higher rpms, the PRB/PRC in the midrange. On a naturally aspirated motor I would agree. As far as the core support goes, if you use the RBC you will need to remove about 3/4 to 1" of it to fit nicely.

Tortoise
12-25-2010, 01:48 PM
so is the prb/prc manifold from my ep3?

talonXracer
12-25-2010, 02:52 PM
The PRB is the stock A3 mani, the PRC is from the DC5R

The PRB blows the stock K24A1 mani away, the A1 mani is identicle to the base RSX mani

Tortoise
12-25-2010, 03:13 PM
The PRB is the stock A3 mani, the PRC is from the DC5R

The PRB blows the stock K24A1 mani away, the A1 mani is identicle to the base RSX mani

Alright ill run the prb then. It doesnt require any tapping or anything like the k24a2 right? And how does that crsx header compare to the strup and obx?