PDA

View Full Version : Front lca bushings

Calvinep3
12-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Mine are ripped on my ep3 and need to be replaced asap
my question is which one should i go with?

should i buy the stock ones? Or should i get the SPHERICAL BEARING ones?
have any of you tried the spherica ones?

civictype_r04
12-28-2010, 08:37 PM
I got these but still need to install them....... http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/ENS-16-3116R.html probably in the spring!!!

Calvinep3
12-28-2010, 08:45 PM
the spherical bearings?
how different will the suspension feel with them?

civictype_r04
12-28-2010, 09:28 PM
the spherical bearings?
how different will the suspension feel with them?

Sorry dude updated the first post I made.

Calvinep3
12-28-2010, 10:20 PM
WOW these are so affordable! =D
lol I might just pick these up

BUT does anyone out there think its better to the all metal ones? bc if these rip again then might as well get the good stuff.

RHCP0801
12-28-2010, 10:25 PM
the energy suspension ones will not rip, highly suggest getting those

Calvinep3
12-28-2010, 11:02 PM
the energy suspension ones will not rip, highly suggest getting those

Cool thanks alot
i will definitely pick these up!

LOVIN MY EP3
12-29-2010, 12:54 AM
I Have theses still in the box haven't had time or the money to put them in... I wounder if they really do make a difference

civictype_r04
12-29-2010, 05:58 AM
WOW these are so affordable! =D
lol I might just pick these up

BUT does anyone out there think its better to the all metal ones? bc if these rip again then might as well get the good stuff.

They won't rip dude don't worry!!!

talonXracer
12-29-2010, 06:29 AM
The ES bushings require yearly dis-assembly and re-greasing. The spherical bushings will just plain wear out with all the sand/dust,

I had ES bushings and they lasted one season before they developed excessive slop. THE best inserts for a DD are the harder mugen inserts.

civictype_r04
12-29-2010, 07:00 AM
I've alway heard good things about the es bushings!!!!!!! To each his own I guess!!!

talonXracer
12-29-2010, 08:57 AM
I've alway heard good things about the es bushings!!!!!!! To each his own I guess!!!

brand spanking new the ES bushings are fine, but after road debris gets in the grease and a few miles are under the belt, the front LCA bushing wears and develops slop, it simply can not be helped due to the design of the front bushing.

This picture shows where the slop occurs, around the center metal sleeve, and between the LCA and bushing, the end results are similar to blown tierod ends
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/IMG_0532.jpg

civictype_r04
12-29-2010, 09:03 AM
Yea but thats with the spring pushing down on it...... how do they look when the cars on the ground???

talonXracer
12-29-2010, 09:17 AM
The bushing has the same slop in riding position. The wear occurs due to the in and out pressures of on and off the throttle and brake. The wear occurs slowly so it is not very evident to the driver untill it has gotten rather bad. You can greatly help this from occuring with constant hosing down of the undercarriage and regreasing at least every spring. If some type of boot could be DIY'd to keep the debris out that would be awesome.

civictype_r04
12-29-2010, 09:37 AM
The bushing has the same slop in riding position. The wear occurs due to the in and out pressures of on and off the throttle and brake. The wear occurs slowly so it is not very evident to the driver untill it has gotten rather bad. You can greatly help this from occuring with constant hosing down of the undercarriage and regreasing at least every spring. If some type of boot could be DIY'd to keep the debris out that would be awesome.

I hear ya man!!

Tougeep3
12-30-2010, 10:05 PM
FYI the spherical bushings are non SCCA solo kosher. "Suspension bushings may be replaced with bushings of any materials(except metal)as long as they fit in the original location. In a replacement bushing the amount of metal relative to the amount of nonmetallic material may not be increased. This does not authorize a change in type of bushing (for example ball and socket replacing a cylindrical bushing), or use of a bushing with an angled hole whose direction differs from that of the original bushing. If the Stock bushing accommodated multi-axis motion via compliance of the component material(s), the replacement bushing may not be changed to accommodate such motion via a change in bushing type, for example to a spherical bearing or similar component involving internal moving parts."

They will automaticlly put you in Prepared catagory..

civictype_r04
12-30-2010, 10:17 PM
FYI the spherical bushings are non SCCA solo kosher. "Suspension bushings may be replaced with bushings of any materials(except metal)as long as they fit in the original location."

Didn't know that thanks man!!!

Jukka
01-05-2011, 07:39 PM
i actually just had the ES ones installed on my car today. They feel great. Mind you I only have about 45km on them so far, but much much better than before.

BeaterEP
01-05-2011, 08:21 PM
+1 for the Mugen compliance bushings. :thumbu:

Drew1d
01-06-2011, 09:17 AM
ES bushings work ok for me. I spray them every now and then, mostly just to get the crud off of them.
I'm not on a dirt road anymore, and I think that would be a concern based on what Talon is saying. I agree and think all movable parts should be booted and packed with grease.

I'm sure Hard rubber or new ones would work good too.

I would be quite concerned about metal spherical bearings. It's going to be crazy noisy, and if it fails I wonder if it will just snap. (vs tear)

talonXracer
01-06-2011, 10:35 AM
The very real issue is for the northerners who happen to drive in the winter due to the salt and cinder laden melt water, when the water evaps, the remaining salt residue will eat up the ES bushings.

cvicep3
01-06-2011, 11:52 AM
I think mine need to be replaced too, wondering how to DIY.

Drew1d
01-06-2011, 12:09 PM
I think mine need to be replaced too, wondering how to DIY.
Did mine.
1. Bought replacement LCA's and have the bushings pushed in.
2. After removing the wheel and tied the brake caliper out of the way and removed the rotor for access.
3. Disconnected front swaybar Endlink.
4. Used ball joint tool and after removing pin freed the LCA from the Knuckle.
5. Two bolts and remove LCA.

-The ES bushings were thicker and took time to wiggle into place.
-I didn't reinstall my front endlinks, as I ended up taking off the front sway.
-Must use new castle nut and pin, the balljoint tool f#$'d up the old one.
-Had the car re-aligned afterwards.
-Torque the bolts with the suspension rasied into the right place. (using a jack to push it up.) Check torque after 20 miles.

I haven't done the rears yet, and I'm not looking forward to it. It looks more involved.