PDA

View Full Version : get rid of amber lights on front

VTECCzar
12-18-2002, 02:10 AM
i wanna get rid of amber lights on front....... beside getting another set of red (REAR) ones...im talking about clear or some other option to replace the amber front factorys?

anyone know of such products or pics with this idea in mind?

:p :p

BarracksSi
12-18-2002, 05:49 PM
Are you talking about the turn signals in the headlight assembly, or the corner markers in the bumper?

The turn signals are easy -- just put in a different bulb. However, they won't technically be turn signals any longer (they're amber for a reason), and I'm not sure if your state's inspection would appreciate that fact.

I haven't seen anything yet about replacements for the corner markers yet, though. I'd also like to get clear lenses in the corners myself.

Suk02Si
12-19-2002, 07:28 PM
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6153

golferjn
12-19-2002, 08:03 PM
thanks, kind of expensive

Suk02Si
12-19-2002, 08:11 PM
yeah I know. I'm happy with the amber reflectors; I'll just have to paint 'em black eventually:)

BarracksSi
12-19-2002, 08:13 PM
Cool, thanks, I'll check those out.

most_hatedSi02
01-02-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by BarracksSi
Are you talking about the turn signals in the headlight assembly, or the corner markers in the bumper?

The turn signals are easy -- just put in a different bulb. However, they won't technically be turn signals any longer (they're amber for a reason), and I'm not sure if your state's inspection would appreciate that fact.

I haven't seen anything yet about replacements for the corner markers yet, though. I'd also like to get clear lenses in the corners myself.

You can get clear side markers at www.procarparts.com

napapacoda
01-02-2003, 05:42 PM
www.procarparts.com is the same place that sells them on ebay for $38.95 as in the other post.

BarracksSi
01-04-2003, 06:05 PM
Yup, I saw 'em. Didn't think they'd be that expen$ive, but I'm thinking about getting a set.