PDA

View Full Version : EP3 K20A2 engine swap******** HELP**********

jdmjdp
01-05-2011, 07:37 AM
ok guys i have a 2003 honda civic ep3 and my stock engine is on almost 300,000 miles.
I have a line on a k20a2 cheap and want the true facts on what i may need to complete the swap.
I plan on using my 5speed for now to complete the swap, down the road i will be puchasing a 6 speed to mate with the new engine.

I hear i can use the stock k20a2 ecu out of the rsx-s?? for now until kpro can be purchased.
2nd from what i read the stock Ep3 engine harness will work, until i get the 6 speed then get the type s harness.?
I can use my stock exhaust for now right??
What intake and throttle body do you use? the k20a2 stuff correct??

Any other issues i will run into????
I want to do this swap very bad. Thanks for you input!

chiwhitesi
01-05-2011, 07:41 AM
yes you can use a k20a2 ecu (but please buy kpro you won't regret it)
yes you can use the ep3 harness
yes you can use your stock exhaust
yes use the k20a2 plenum and tb

japarossa
01-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Yes you can use the ECU out of the RSX you will just need to have the immobilizer programmed for the new ECU. The ep3 harness will work even when you get a 6 speed. You can get by using the stock exhaust for now. Yes you use the K20a2 intake and T.B., they are the same as the ones on the K20a3. Ideally you should have Kpro, I'm not sure how the stock RSX ECU will work with your stock 5 speed but people have done it. You will also need to remove the power steering pump from the K20a2 and put the Ep3 idler pulley in its place.

chiwhitesi
01-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Yes you can use the ECU out of the RSX you will just need to have the immobilizer programmed for the new ECU. The ep3 harness will work even when you get a 6 speed. You can get by using the stock exhaust for now. Yes you use the K20a2 intake and T.B., they are the same as the ones on the K20a3. Ideally you should have Kpro, I'm not sure how the stock RSX ECU will work with your stock 5 speed but people have done it. You will also need to remove the power steering pump from the K20a2 and put the Ep3 idler pulley in its place.

thanks for adding on to that for me

japarossa
01-05-2011, 07:51 AM
thanks for adding on to that for me
I was typing as you were posting lol smart ass

dnrprojectsvp
01-05-2011, 07:53 AM
ok guys i have a 2003 honda civic ep3 and my stock engine is on almost 300,000 miles.
I have a line on a k20a2 cheap and want the true facts on what i may need to complete the swap.
I plan on using my 5speed for now to complete the swap, down the road i will be puchasing a 6 speed to mate with the new engine.

I hear i can use the stock k20a2 ecu out of the rsx-s?? for now until kpro can be purchased.
2nd from what i read the stock Ep3 engine harness will work, until i get the 6 speed then get the type s harness.?
I can use my stock exhaust for now right??
What intake and throttle body do you use? the k20a2 stuff correct??

Any other issues i will run into????
I want to do this swap very bad. Thanks for you input!

you can keep you ep3 harness when you get a 6 spd tranny. you will just need to run the reverse lock out seperately...

rolldogK20
01-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Don't you have to use the A2 flywheel cause the A3 the dowell is differnt from the A2 if your to the 5 speed?

talonXracer
01-10-2011, 06:16 AM
you can keep you ep3 harness when you get a 6 spd tranny. you will just need to run the reverse lock out seperately...

Still no need to use or even add the reverse lockout, if you accidentally hit reverse from 6th gear you should just throw the keys away and and just start walking.

Don't you have to use the A2 flywheel cause the A3 the dowell is differnt from the A2 if your to the 5 speed?

The only time you need to worry about this is when replacing the pressure plate, either the A3 or the A2 flywheel and pressure plate will bolt up and work fine, you just can not mix them together.

jdmjdp
01-10-2011, 12:10 PM
ok guys got the engine ended up finding the
mating 6 speed from the same guy!!
How do you wire in reverse lock out??
All this info is great by the way thanks to
anyone and all who replie....

02TWSI
01-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Reverse lockout isn't necessary.