PDA

View Full Version : Caster adjustment specs?

quidnatch
01-05-2011, 07:31 PM
I have a few questions about caster. First, I am going to get my caster adjusted by moving the position on the subframe. What is a good setup for a daily driver? I am going for a very planted neutral steer setup. If I get this adjustment will I still get anything from a roll center adjuster or will that be a waste of money? I have Tokiko D-specs with H&R springs and I have aprox. -3/4 camber all around. I am trying to get -1.5 degrees in the front but will need another camber kit for that.

Thank you

sLiCk
01-05-2011, 08:06 PM
I would shoot for max positive caster. There is not much subframe movement on these cars so don't have your hopes up too high. You'd be lucky to get even 0.5deg.

BeaterEP
01-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Yeah, caster is kinda hard to get with the EP subframe.

quidnatch
01-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Is the small difference even worth the effort/money? Will fixing the suspension geometry with a roll center adjuster help more or be redundant?

BeaterEP
01-05-2011, 08:18 PM
RCAs do a different job, afaik. I don't think they're really involved with caster adjustment.

I'm not sure if the little bit of caster you can get out of the EP's limited subframe movement is necessarily worth the trouble of doing it and then re-aligning, but I suppose there's always the idea that every little bit helps! :mbiggrin: