PDA

View Full Version : Havin issues with my JVC headunit...any ideas?

Jukka
01-05-2011, 07:52 PM
For the last 2 or 3 months ive been having some issues with my JVC headunit. I have a JVC AVX11 *i think* and i also have their KS-BTA200 Bluetooth adaptor to go with it. For the last 2 months or so, the screen will just randomly shut off while im driving, or when i go to press a button. I've found if i remove the faceplate and put it back on, its good then. I have also found that my bluetooth keeps cutting in and out. I'll be on a call and the connection between it and my phone cuts out, then cuts back on again. It happens with my girlfriends blackberry too, so its not just my phone, its the head unit or the bluetooth unit. I've checked the connections on the back of the headunit to see if they are loose, they are good, also looked at the connection between the harness and the factory harness.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?? I'm gettin frusterated with it.

jonathan13
02-02-2011, 03:48 PM
I have had the same issue with Pioneers that have the fold-down face plate to install the cd. I never bothered trying to fix it because it did not happen that often to me but occasionally the screen would go out or the buttons wouldnt work until i folded the face down and push it back up. I assume the connectors between the faceplate and cd player are starting to go out- Try using some steel wool to clean the connections on the back of the faceplate and front of the cd player- might work?

si.hatch
02-02-2011, 05:57 PM
thats actually happening to my pioneer flip down now and i know my wiring is good, and im thinking its the contacts where the faceplate connects. ive been meaning to clean them but have yet to do so

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
02-05-2011, 10:21 AM
A lot of times with the Pinoeer headunits with the motorized face plates. The ribbon cable connections go bad and have to be replaced. JVC units it may be the same issue but i am not 100% sure. Check the connections on the faceplate make sure they are clean.

Jukka
02-05-2011, 02:09 PM
they look clean, but ill break out some steel wool and electrical contact cleaner spray. It hasnt been too bad lately, but I also haven't tried my blue tooth yet either