PDA

View Full Version : DC5 coilovers fit EP?

Kis4KEN
01-05-2011, 09:08 PM
^ Title.

Yes, I did search.
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?56845-DC5R-Suspension-on-an-ep3&highlight=dc5+rsx+coil+over

In that thread, the second post says that you don't need new tie rods. The 4th poster, says that he doesn't think it would match up to the EP's trailing arms. 6th post says, " You will need to get the tie rod end because ours is smaller then the DC5. Also the rear you will have to grind the inside of the shock that goes onto the spindle because the DC5 is thinner." And lastly, the last post says that they are a direct bolt on.

I'm not getting a clear answer. What I'm trying to get at is... Recently, I've acquired access to some employee discount/dealer pricing. Found some DC5 coilovers from godspeed for dirt cheap. Read through a good 12 pages of stuff about the Raceland coilovers, which is only height adjustable. I kind of want dampening adjustable coilovers too.

Paint and body, I can probably answer all your questions. Motor, suspension... I don't really know shit about it.

In a nut shell, DC5 coilover kit. Is it a direct bolt on (no modifying)? If not, what parts are required? And what parts are also recommended (stuff like "you don't NEED it, but it is recommended)?

civictype_r04
01-05-2011, 09:31 PM
You will need Type S tie rod ends and you will need to modify the bushing on the rear coilover on the bottom to fit into the trailing arm. Reason being is the Type S has a wider opening on the trailing are the is you you will need to shave/grind off some of the bushing!

27rocks
01-05-2011, 10:55 PM
^^ Yeah what he said. The holes for the tie rod ends on a DC5 are larger then the Ep ones so you need DC5 ones. The rear is also larger then the Ep ones so a grinder is your best friend.

6spd_EP3
01-16-2011, 10:04 AM
is it possible to swap a dc5 rear trailing arm? i'd rather not grind bushings?

27rocks
01-16-2011, 10:23 AM
is it possible to swap a dc5 rear trailing arm? i'd rather not grind bushings?

Yes it should bolt right up.

talonXracer
01-16-2011, 10:38 AM
The majority of aftermarket rear coilovers use washers to make up the difference. you should contact the manufacturer or another owner to see if that is true for the specific coilovers you are looking at.

I have the typeS spec coilovers from Progress and they use washers/spacers to fit the typeS.

The difference in the fronts is in the dia of the tapered hole for the tierod end in the steering arm. I figure why not swap out to the larger stronger OEM part that is new(just think of it as preventative maintenance).