PDA

View Full Version : rear window sprayer

KEG HATCH24
01-05-2011, 10:48 PM
i was wondering if anyone has had their rear wiper sprayer stop working...mine did and i was just trying to see what the reason could be.

rjmq06
01-05-2011, 11:13 PM
mine stop working like a year ago, i think the host was block by a debris or something best bet is to check the host, i havent done it cause im a lazy bummm lol

KEG HATCH24
01-06-2011, 12:13 AM
i checked where it comes out nothing blocking it. how is the hose ran?

smykhaisouk
01-06-2011, 08:13 AM
i have the same problem and also too lazy to do anything about it. i think the hose is ran behind the plastic panel but have no clue how to pop it off. lemme know if you figure it out dude

ace of spades
01-06-2011, 09:02 AM
if you remove the trim on the hatch, you'll see a portion of the hose. pull it off the wiper and activate the switch to see if she squirts.

talonXracer
01-06-2011, 10:44 AM
When I had mine installed the usual culprit was a lack of fluid.........

LOL, the hose leaves the fluid pump under the pass side of the bumper cover passes through the firewall and travels along under the sill trim, then crosses to the drivers side at the base of the rear seats, then behind the rear side plastic to the "C" pillar where it then goes through the corrugated rubber cover into the hatch, down the drivers side of the hatch to the wiper assembly.

cvicep3
01-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Mine is not working when I tried couple days ago. Went to the back to check it, but no clues where it is. Will check it again later.

2k3hatchie
01-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Mine has never worked properly. Last time i replaced my plate lights I checked the flow through the hose and everything was fine. It does come out the nozzle but the pressure is really weak and sprays every which way. I might try to take off the nozzle and soak in CLR or something.

talonXracer
01-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Mine has never worked properly. Last time i replaced my plate lights I checked the flow through the hose and everything was fine. It does come out the nozzle but the pressure is really weak and sprays every which way. I might try to take off the nozzle and soak in CLR or something.

The nozzle will develop deposits and corrosion over time, that sounds like a great way to help clear it up.

bizzle
01-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Mine works great but I noticed something incredibly strange about it that makes zero sense to me. The fluid in the system in mine was orange. I ran out, so I filled it up with blue colored fluid... but the back still sprays out orange. What the fuck? The fluid in the front is blue. Are there two tanks or what? I use the shit out of it so I know it wasn't something like the lines going to the back still had the original fluid in it.

mitchlikesbikes
01-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Mine works great but I noticed something incredibly strange about it that makes zero sense to me. The fluid in the system in mine was orange. I ran out, so I filled it up with blue colored fluid... but the back still sprays out orange. What the fuck? The fluid in the front is blue. Are there two tanks or what? I use the shit out of it so I know it wasn't something like the lines going to the back still had the original fluid in it.

i'm pretty sure there is only one tank. never underestimate the Magic of the EP;)

KEG HATCH24
01-06-2011, 11:29 PM
yea im gonna check it out this weekend. ill let yas know how it goes. thanks for the help

talonXracer
01-07-2011, 06:29 AM

It takes a little over a quarter of the fluid tank to replace the fluid in the line to the back sprayer. The hose is 6' longer than the vehicle!

2k3hatchie
01-07-2011, 07:23 AM
The nozzle will develop deposits and corrosion over time, that sounds like a great way to help clear it up.

Awesome, I'll try it this weekend then.

cvicep3
01-13-2011, 12:19 PM
I see the nozzle, but it's pointing up. Not sure if something in on the top of it to pointing to the window or it fell off.