PDA

View Full Version : Custom Painted My Si RIMS !!!!

mixedupneko
07-17-2002, 04:50 PM
Hey whats up fellow EP'ers and Neko haters. Well im back with another post and a new keyboard. Feels great. I am also now equiped with custom painted black si rim's. My boy sam and I did them at his house check out the proces. I will have more pics up soon.

Working Site for the Custom painted si rims

Click here (http://www.homepagez.com/sngx83/rimpaint/rimpaint.html )

neko

2k2civicSi
07-17-2002, 05:03 PM
how did you do it it looks really nice what kinda paint did you use

2k2civicSi
07-17-2002, 05:26 PM
they look alsome neko did you sand them down first

mixedupneko
07-17-2002, 05:32 PM
How did I do it ? Here are the steps.

Get Paint

I used a paint made by Duplicolor that is ment for Engine stuff its called Duplicolor Engine Enamle. its a part ceramic paint. 2 cans did the trick and u can get it at K mart or Walmart.

Get Sand paper

Get a medium grit sandpaper from Home Depot or Lowes or any Mom and pop shop.

Take off rims
Clean throughly(ver important)

take the sandpaper and wet it and then harshly scrub the rims to get the finish of the rims it should take about 10 min each rim.

then re rinse the rim with water and use a cotton cloth to dry.

then mask the rim with news paper and tape around the lip of the rim make shure to try n have the tape go a lil under the lip.

then apply 3 coats of paint on each rim light coats and just spray in each lines and then get the details. hold bottle about 12 in away from rims so drips dont form. give 10 min between each coat.

after the 3 coats are done let dry for 2-3 hrs and then take it easy on the road for the first couple of days. the longer you let them dry they longer thell last

neko

fishboy
07-17-2002, 05:46 PM
dude they look cool. really good job. i'm not good at painting at all, very runny when i do it. and nice car. i didn't know that was your car.

DownTheHatch
07-17-2002, 05:47 PM
Copy and paste the URL into your browser.

They looks pretty good

You painted the rims while they were still on the car???

How did you get the inside of them?

mixedupneko
07-17-2002, 06:02 PM
Yea we had to paint them while on the car because I lost my Wheel Lock and honda was closed. We took all the bolts off except the lock and we touch up the inside of the one with the lock

sngx83
07-17-2002, 06:51 PM
look neko i made an account just for you. now i can tell everyone what a smart guy you were for comin all the way to my house minus a spare tire, jack, and most importantly the wheel lock key. sure made my job a whole lot easier. hehe i'm jp man~ it was pretty fun, n i'm glad you like the results. looks pretty hot imo. i can't wait to see them in the daylight. i just wish my damn site didn't keep goin down...

CleanBlackSi02
07-17-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by mixedupneko
Yea we had to paint them while on the car because I lost my Wheel Lock and honda was closed. We took all the bolts off except the lock and we touch up the inside of the one with the lock

:rolleyes: You guys familiar with powdercoating?

sngx83
07-17-2002, 11:29 PM
if we actually had the $$ or materials to do powdercoating we would, but we're poor so we can only afford to do ghetto mods like this.:D

RacingCivicSi02
07-18-2002, 12:21 AM
Ghetto setup. But it all good when u don't have money to buy anything. It looks ok.

SBC31
07-18-2002, 06:56 AM
I've added the working link to this thread, therefore I deleted the new thread you had started. Note that you can edit your own posts if you ever need to change a URL and/or spelling mistakes......

i-WERKS
07-18-2002, 07:56 AM
Damn that look amazing. I think I'll have a project on my hands this weekend. I hate the stock rims but this paint job makes it look so much better.

i-WERKS
07-18-2002, 08:06 AM
Couple more things.
Was the paint a non gloss?
Did you put on a clear coat?
Let us know if the paint stays on after a couple of weeks.
Thanks

DynaSpeed
07-18-2002, 08:11 AM
Hey whats up fellow EP'ers and Neko haters I must be a fellow EP'er cuz I'm not a Neko Hater.

Looks good! I *love* the pic with the newsprint all over the car! That looks hilarious.

BlazeX12
07-18-2002, 08:24 AM
Those rims look nice painted black! Can you give us some daylight pictures? hard to see the finished product.

DJQuikFingaz
07-18-2002, 08:56 AM
Damn Neko, that's straight up clean.

HondaMan
07-18-2002, 09:24 AM
Black'ing out my wheels is very tempting now! I wanted black/gunmetal colored wheels but couldn't find any I liked or at an affordable price @ tirerack.com.

mixedupneko
07-18-2002, 11:16 AM
Well alright guys. The paint I used was made by Duplicolor and is called Duplicolor Engine Enamel . The guy from duplicolor said that this would be the best for the powdercoated looking finished. You can get this at k-mart or walmart. I did not do a clearcoat because I dont want them shinny. I will post a daylight picture up when my jerk friend gives me back my digital camera.

neko

SiCivic2k2
07-19-2002, 12:14 AM
Looks great neko. Definately have to post some pics in the daylight. I think this might be my next mod. :D Keep us updated on how they turn out after a couple weeks of driving.

SBC31
07-19-2002, 06:03 AM
I still can't believe you guys painted them while they were still on the car. That is way too much extra work for someone lazy like me, not too mention I wouldn't want to get paint everywhere else.

Guess patience is not your strong point, and when you want something done, you want it done yestreday...:D

Oh, and the wheels look great.

DownTheHatch
07-20-2002, 08:35 PM
I'm the same way, but with my headlights, I was quite patient thought about it for a few weeks before I did it, and I'm glad I did.

It feels great to overcome your fears, I feel alot better now :)

SiCivic2k2
07-21-2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch
I'm the same way, but with my headlights, I was quite patient thought about it for a few weeks before I did it, and I'm glad I did.

I'm comnfused? You painted your headlights?:confused:

SBC31
07-21-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch

Just hope water does not get in the headlight housing, then you will be upset. By the way, great job on painting them, now I want to do mine too.

CleanBlackSi02
07-21-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by SiCivic2k2

I'm comnfused? You painted your headlights?:confused:

He painted the housing...Check the pics and compare it to stock lights.

SiCivic2k2
07-21-2002, 08:15 PM
I guess I'm blind. I can't tell any diff.

SiCivic2k2
07-22-2002, 01:12 AM
Okay, I found the post where he explains how he did and what not. Looks very clean. I saw the pictures in the members rides section and he doesn't have a picture of the blacked out headlights yet. Very good job! Thanks for the "How to" also.