PDA

View Full Version : broken into... help?

tlikethedrink
01-07-2011, 12:00 AM
my car was literally just broken in to. they got my fancy poineer deck with ipod controls and my 16gig ipod. they were nice enough not to cut any wires, just undid all of the plugs... but they took the whole dash! climate controls and all. i have a huge hole where my radio used to be.
where to start...
well i called the cops, an hour ago. nice to know theyre around when you need em right. got tired of waiting in the cold, so i came inside to figure how much a new dash is gonna cost me.
i got to thinking... i dont know how much all this will run me. should i even file an insurance claim? i know i dont have 500 bucks for a deductable. i have a few hundred bucks to my name, which i had plans for, like bills and eating...
should i bite the bullet and wear headphones as i piece my car back togther?(silly me, i forgot they took my ipod)
atleast ill finally have something new to whine about since my online id fraud that drained my xmas $ on the week of xmas.

excuse my bieng whiney... in all honesty i just cant seem to catch a break.

i guess what i was trying to say before blowing a little steam is...

anyone know where i can find a dash?

thanks,

angel

ace of spades
01-07-2011, 05:45 AM
#7, $81.16

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/southbay/jsp/catimgs/14S5S0_B3715.gif

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/southbay/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?hidSwitch=&hidIrno=&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2003&catcgry3=3DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=INSTRUMENT+PANEL+GARNISH+(PASSENGER+SIDE)&vinsrch=no&ListAll=&prdrefno=&act=&count=0&quantity=0

talonXracer
01-07-2011, 06:23 AM
#7, $81.16

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/southbay/jsp/catimgs/14S5S0_B3715.gif

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/southbay/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?hidSwitch=&hidIrno=&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2003&catcgry3=3DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=INSTRUMENT+PANEL+GARNISH+(PASSENGER+SIDE)&vinsrch=no&ListAll=&prdrefno=&act=&count=0&quantity=0

That is THE cheapest part, dont forget the A/C controls and mounting plates and the cost of the headunit, well over 500$(depending on the $ of the HU)

This is where you notice and understand the collusion between the local govt/police depts and the insurance companies, high deductible insurance claims are seldom followed up on. It is only when the Insurance companies are on the hook for $$$ do the cops actually do anything.

ilovehaters
01-08-2011, 02:24 PM
sorry to hear that man, try craigslist...

MBaG
01-08-2011, 02:42 PM
sorry to hear that bro. keep your head up though, bad karma will catch up the thief and good karma will catch up to you.

bizzle
01-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Hey I can't help with the dash but I have an iPod I can give you, straight up. I'll even pay for the shipping. I'll look through my stuff and see what I can send you. It won't be a touch but most likely a video or Classic between 30 and 120GB. It won't be in perfect condition, but it'll work. It'll at least you'll have some tunes.

emsep
01-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Hey I can't help with the dash but I have an iPod I can give you, straight up. I'll even pay for the shipping. I'll look through my stuff and see what I can send you. It won't be a touch but most likely a video or Classic between 30 and 120GB. It won't be in perfect condition, but it'll work. It'll at least you'll have some tunes.

^good deal.

tlikethedrink
02-13-2011, 12:42 PM

thanks man... i actually just saw this post today. i appreciate it, tho i got another ipod already. but i really do appreciate the offer.

tlikethedrink
02-13-2011, 12:51 PM
i got a new dash with everything off ebay awhile back... dash/radio/ac controls everything was in good working order. the ac vent "slider" things are broken and missing on the passenger side, just broken on the driver. but for $100 shipped, i cant really complain. it came with the code from the radio and everything. even had the stock harness' to everything with 2 inches of slack incase mine was cut. came from a salvage yard... took me about 2-3 mins to install (probably around how long it took from mine to be stolen lol)

so im back to stock atleast. works great. i couldnt hook up my amp/sub, so i pulled it all out. wieght savings lol. i'll be moving in about a month or so. and ive decided im not goin to buy anything that cant be taken off without a wrench or socket haha.

usedep3
02-13-2011, 07:39 PM
nice. sucks that it happened but at least you can listen to music now and control your AC/heater

tlikethedrink
02-15-2011, 10:20 PM
No lie man... I appreciate having a radio now. I may get an aftermarket deck later on, but this will work till then.