PDA

View Full Version : Cant DECIDE btw KRAFTWERKS ROTREX C38 vs FULLRACE TURBO?

MadLorEP3
01-08-2011, 01:15 PM
I just finished my 07 completely stock unmolested k24a2 swap on New Year's Eve. I'm already bored with it. I just need and want MOAR...My car is not a daily driver and I want to also do a custom wire tuck for my set up once I decide which route to go with. I don't really drive the car much at the moment but but when I finish my suspension and performance build then I would love to see what she can do.

I was initially gonna get the JRSC but after reading some of the threads on here it seems that alot of people with JRSC evetually get tired of it and want MOAR. Knowing that I get bored easily myself, I figured skip all that and just go BIG.:mbiggrin:

So now I need help deciding between Rotrex and Fullrace turbo kit .

1) Kraftwerks retails for about $3000 but needs custom fab work so how much more can I expect to spend on the custom fab work (parts and labor) involved with the kraftwerks SC?

2) Fullrace seems to come complete for about $6000 but does it? How much can I expect to pay for install and is any custom work needed?

3) Im also concerned about having the least clutter possible in the bay. I will get a wiretuck after this and I'm assuming that a tuck is possible in either system but which one will make our SMALL bay look fuller and more cluttered?

4) I dont have a specific goal in terms of hp and tq but what kind of numbers can I expect?

5) Can anyone recommend a reputable shop in Los Angeles CA?

Any input that will help me decide is welcome. All other unrelated chatter NOT WELCOME.:hay:

MugenReplica
01-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Title changed. I hope that helps bro.

MadLorEP3
01-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Title changed. I hope that helps bro.

tnx bro

Lucid Moments
01-08-2011, 02:37 PM
You can get far more power out of the turbo kit. That is without question as far as I am concerned. So if what you are looking for is to go big, then go with the turbo kit.

The Full Race kit still requires a significant amount of work. I'm trying to remember the screen name of the person I know that did one and it was an complex build. So don't think it is going to be any easier.

MadLorEP3
01-08-2011, 02:45 PM
You can get far more power out of the turbo kit. That is without question as far as I am concerned. So if what you are looking for is to go big, then go with the turbo kit.

The Full Race kit still requires a significant amount of work. I'm trying to remember the screen name of the person I know that did one and it was an complex build. So don't think it is going to be any easier.

I see...I was looking at the c38 claims of being able to produce aabout 550 hp this seems like a good number that will take me awhile to get bored off but I just wonder if I can get this number with a stock k24a2?
It is alot cheaper as well than Fullrace. I was told on k20a that AFI is another good quality turbo and was looking into that about $4000

I guess I should change the GO BIG phrase to just Go a little bit BIGGER...

If I can get 550 hp with my stock k24a2 and some minor bolt ons Im down for kraftwerks

Lucid Moments
01-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Oh, and I just saw the username I was thinking of, it is Weltall (or something damn close to that.)

MadLorEP3
01-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Oh, and I just saw the username I was thinking of, it is Weltall (or something damn close to that.)

kool
I remember his avatar, its always made me look away

MadLorEP3
01-08-2011, 03:56 PM
http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/FPB-DC5-PROAM-EFR-TWINSCROLL.html

Canuck Civic
01-08-2011, 04:59 PM
http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/FPB-DC5-PROAM-EFR-TWINSCROLL.html

I would go with that the EFR turbo's look to be awesome

Watch the video if you haven't already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfuE6xiij9g&feature=player_embedded

MadLorEP3
01-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Nice

JIYAKKU
01-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Depends on what your are looking for. Top End power will still go to the Turbo which is ideal for dyno queens, drag racing, and freeway duels. If you are looking at a road race or street car setup then I would suggest the Rotrex due to the linear power delivery.

When I was at Skunk2 we built the insane RSX-T in conjunction with Import Tuner which made about 650 whp. The problem was that it was designed to be a road race car but with that much power on a front wheel drive car it naturally ran into traction issues especially on the corner exits. We detuned it about 350 whp to compensate but still ran into the same traction issues.

Check out this video as the owner of Skunk2 explains it much better than I can. Just look how much the driver has to fight the wheel just to keep the car pointed straight:

http://cms.skunk2.com/id/179/THE-RSX-T-GOES-ROTREX/4/

There was also another major issue with the turbo and that was due to the fact that the turbo itself (due to its location) heated up the brake booster and thus the brakes would cease to work under hard braking (Imagine what a 650 whp vehicle with no brakes would feel like). We tried to insulate the turbo and put heat shields around the turbo but still to no avail. The professional drivers would be like "Don't ever put me in that car again!".

The RSX-T was eventually changed over from Turbocharged to Rotrex Supercharged in which it currently makes about 450 whp. It makes less power but the power delivery is very progressive and linear as you can see how flat the power and torque curves are from that video. It is your choice but very few people run the Rotrex setup. It would be something rare compared to all the Turbo kits out there. I had a buddy get pulled over in Corona by the local PD who made him pop his hood and didn't even notice the Rotrex unit itself since it was mounted where the AC unit used to be. The police officer thought that it was just a CAI. It is a tough choice but I don't think you can go wrong with either.

PAPITUYO326
01-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Be aware that at 550 whp you WILL have to perform significant upgrades to the fuel system to perform safely.

MadLorEP3
01-09-2011, 02:25 AM
Depends on what your are looking for. Top End power will still go to the Turbo which is ideal for dyno queens, drag racing, and freeway duels. If you are looking at a road race or street car setup then I would suggest the Rotrex due to the linear power delivery.

When I was at Skunk2 we built the insane RSX-T in conjunction with Import Tuner which made about 650 whp. The problem was that it was designed to be a road race car but with that much power on a front wheel drive car it naturally ran into traction issues especially on the corner exits. We detuned it about 350 whp to compensate but still ran into the same traction issues.

Check out this video as the owner of Skunk2 explains it much better than I can. Just look how much the driver has to fight the wheel just to keep the car pointed straight:

http://cms.skunk2.com/id/179/THE-RSX-T-GOES-ROTREX/4/

There was also another major issue with the turbo and that was due to the fact that the turbo itself (due to its location) heated up the brake booster and thus the brakes would cease to work under hard braking (Imagine what a 650 whp vehicle with no brakes would feel like). We tried to insulate the turbo and put heat shields around the turbo but still to no avail. The professional drivers would be like "Don't ever put me in that car again!".

The RSX-T was eventually changed over from Turbocharged to Rotrex Supercharged in which it currently makes about 450 whp. It makes less power but the power delivery is very progressive and linear as you can see how flat the power and torque curves are from that video. It is your choice but very few people run the Rotrex setup. It would be something rare compared to all the Turbo kits out there. I had a buddy get pulled over in Corona by the local PD who made him pop his hood and didn't even notice the Rotrex unit itself since it was mounted where the AC unit used to be. The police officer thought that it was just a CAI. It is a tough choice but I don't think you can go wrong with either.

tnx fo heads up bro
Since you used to work for skunk2 and know the kraftwerks people
any chance of a discount...lol but seriously

What Im not sure about is what else I would need to buy or get made if I went with the rotrex

Be aware that at 550 whp you WILL have to perform significant upgrades to the fuel system to perform safely.
what type of upgradees

MadLorEP3
01-09-2011, 02:27 PM
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=745297

is this a good price for a used fullrace kit?
If not how much lower should it be to be worth taking the risk?

Im still going back and forth btw rotrex and FR
such a hard choice as I know both a very reputable companies that make amazing products

MadLorEP3
01-09-2011, 11:01 PM
At this point I am strongly leaning towards getting a FR EFR 7670 single scroll (easier on our trannys and better for oem internals) for a little under $5K

tnx for all your input

now does anyone know if I would be ok with a stg 4 clutch 6 puck sprung or would I really need a twin disk
tnx