PDA

View Full Version : whos running a c/a/i??

i_love_my_ep3!
01-10-2011, 07:25 AM
if so how do you, or what did you do to prevent your intake from sucking up water?

chiwhitesi
01-10-2011, 07:38 AM
i have noticed that you start alot of new threads asking some pretty simple questions. Please use the search function.

BeaterEP
01-10-2011, 07:52 AM
LINK:cold air intake cai water (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/search.php?searchid=245442) advanced search on EPHatch.com.

Click "Advanced Search" button, upper right corner of page.
Under the "Search For" section, enter desired search terms in "Keyword(s)" dialog.
Under "Additional Options" section, select "Relevance" from the "Sort Results By" drop-down menu.
Customize results to taste using other available options such as "Search Type", and Date/Time ranges.
PROFIT!!!

i_love_my_ep3!
01-10-2011, 07:52 AM
really and truely im pretty new to all this fourm and ep3 stuff , i just thought its a a good way too meet you guys and just get tips and ideas but ill stop if im just getting on you guys nerves

BeaterEP
01-10-2011, 08:14 AM
I'm not flaming ya, honestly just trying to help out.
I'm constantly annoyed with the search function on vbulletin-built forums, as it tends to be pretty weak.
You can usually cut a lot of the bullshit out with the above tweaks, though.

Honestly, I know exactly how it feels to search for something pretty specific, and get 8 pages of bullshit that has nothing to do with your search.
As far as hydrolocking, I'd only worry if you're in an area of TX that gets abnormally high amounts of rain, and really floods when it does. With a little caution, you can run a CAI pretty safely.
Beyond that, there are "socks" you can get that go over the filter and help in preventing more than just a little water vapor from getting in.
Basically, if you're not flooring it through 3' deep puddles, you'll probably be alright. From everything I've seen, you've pretty much got to submerge the filter element to get enough water in to do any damage.
:thumbu:

chiwhitesi
01-10-2011, 08:24 AM
I'm not flaming ya, honestly just trying to help out.
I'm constantly annoyed with the search function on vbulletin-built forums, as it tends to be pretty weak.
You can usually cut a lot of the bullshit out with the above tweaks, though.

Honestly, I know exactly how it feels to search for something pretty specific, and get 8 pages of bullshit that has nothing to do with your search.
As far as hydrolocking, I'd only worry if you're in an area of TX that gets abnormally high amounts of rain, and really floods when it does. With a little caution, you can run a CAI pretty safely.
Beyond that, there are "socks" you can get that go over the filter and help in preventing more than just a little water vapor from getting in.
Basically, if you're not flooring it through 3' deep puddles, you'll probably be alright. From everything I've seen, you've pretty much got to submerge the filter element to get enough water in to do any damage.
:thumbu:

yeah im not trying to be rude either.
i have answered some of the things that you have posted in the past.

i agree with the above post.

i_love_my_ep3!
01-10-2011, 10:05 AM
its cool you guys ill look before posting next time, thanks for the tip epbeater i dident even that there was an advance search lol im too new to this. but back to my question soo pretty need to take my ep swimming to do damage. cuz every time it rains enough to wet the streets and make little puddles i just take the elbow off my trottle body is that bad too drive it like that.

RHCP0801
01-10-2011, 10:22 AM
just avoid the puddles, thats all i do. No problems for years

BeaterEP
01-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Well, since doing that leaves the air flow in to the engine basically unfiltered, I'd say that's a lot more dangerous/potentially damaging. :meek:
Just keep her from drowning, and you should be good.

i_love_my_ep3!
01-10-2011, 10:32 AM
yeah i only do thst when it rains hard or go to the car wash lol thats why i wwas asking what yall did im pretty tired of pull it off and on lol i think ill just pick up a comptech ice box or gutt my oem too just not worry about it anymore lol thanks for your inputs guys

Tnhatch03
01-10-2011, 01:28 PM
welcome!

We won't get onto ya too much. :-)

Thanks for trying to post up and meet ppl and get information. Everyone here is pretty friendly. As far as using the search, if you cannot find what you are looking for, but have attempted to search and get the info, post up and we can steer ya in the right direction.

i_love_my_ep3!
01-10-2011, 01:36 PM
thanks for the welcome for sure man i also have a k24a1 swap coming real soon that im going to share with you guys:mangel:

Tnhatch03
01-10-2011, 01:38 PM
awesome!

good luck with the swap!

Tnhatch03
01-10-2011, 01:39 PM
awesome!

good luck with the swap!

cow
01-10-2011, 02:44 PM
I have a Moses hood ornament on my car that parts any imminent puddles.

AKEP
01-10-2011, 02:49 PM
I have a Moses hood ornament on my car that parts any imminent puddles.

If this was facebook, I would totally like that.

whatsvtec
01-10-2011, 05:12 PM
If you're worried about it enough, get a hydroshield. Avoiding puddles plus having the hydroshield on would be pretty safe, and it's what I plan to do.

Passenger
01-10-2011, 06:53 PM
If you're worried about it enough, get a hydroshield. Avoiding puddles plus having the hydroshield on would be pretty safe, and it's what I plan to do.
This. Its $30 and works really well.