PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried the F1 RACING's clutch master cylinder/ slave cylinder replacement?

smykhaisouk
01-10-2011, 02:11 PM
heres a link to one on sale for 78.50 shipped on ebay of course:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-PREMIUM-CLUTCH-MASTER-SLAVE-CYLINDER-RSX-CIVIC-SI-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZYearQ3a2003Q7cModelQ3aCivi cQ7cSubmodelQ3aSiQQhashZitem255e7c77b0QQitemZ16049 9005360QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

i see that there are about 9 sold so far and was curious if anyone here had purchased it.

heres my problem:
in the past week or so i've noticed my clutch getting spongy and at times the clutch pedal will stick to the floor and i'll have to pop it back out with the toe of my shoe. the first thing i checked was the clutch fluid and it was bone dry. i fillled it back up and bled it about 25 times so im sure theres no air in the lines. checked for leaks and found none. filling and bleeding the fluid actually fixed the problem for a day and shifting improvded dramatically. now the clutch pedal is intermittanly getting spongy again and preventing me to shift in and out of gear. before blaming the clutch i wanted to give this a shot since its the cheaper route. i did a search and found that it can go either way between the clutch or cmc. the engine is all stock and the tranny currently has an ACT street lite fly and exedy stage 1 clutch with 60k on them. any help will be greatly appreciated.

MugenReplica
01-10-2011, 03:04 PM
I've heard good and bad things about them. I've heard a few guys who have had no problems with their Stage I clutches for thousands of miles, but as soon as they go Stage II or Stage III they start dealing with issues. There are reviews EVERYWHERE on every automotive forum I have ever come across on these clutches. Personally, I'd try an OEM or Stage I if that's all I needed, but for anything else I'd buy quality (Exedy, Centerforce, rebuilt, etc.).

Here's almost fifteen pages of F1 clutch reviews on K-series applications......
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=518811

smykhaisouk
01-10-2011, 04:11 PM
thanks mugen replica. yeah i hear both good and bad about this brand and alot of members here have confirmed that the majority of their parts are actually pieced together by exedy anyway as most kits are. im actually curious about their master cylinders and slave cylinders right now. thanks for the 15page link. it definitely makes me feel better about this brand.

talonXracer
01-10-2011, 05:50 PM
I would just get a stock replacement master cylinder

Andrew
01-10-2011, 05:55 PM
i thought i read that the em2 CMC is better designed for the dc5/ep3 so go with an em2 one? or am i completely wrong?

smykhaisouk
01-10-2011, 06:53 PM
i thought i read that the em2 CMC is better designed for the dc5/ep3 so go with an em2 one? or am i completely wrong?

i've read the same thing about the stock EX version but i just thought this was a pretty good deal for both CMC and slave cylinder. i may have to just go with Talon on this one and stick with stock and not worry about it. 131.00+shipping at majestic honda for both

talonXracer
01-10-2011, 07:11 PM
If you want to go with the EX master that works perfectly as well, and will hold up to the heavier spring pressure plates better(stg3+)

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/Mastercylinders.jpg

smykhaisouk
01-10-2011, 07:26 PM
thanks for that. im planning on going back to stock clutch and fly eventually so more than likely i'll stick with the original CMC. i wished i never went with exedy stage 1+ act fly because i never modded the engine enough to really use that combination. it wasnt worth the joint pain in my knee either hahaaa.

talonXracer
01-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Knee joint pain? From a stage1 ?!?

smykhaisouk
01-10-2011, 07:44 PM
I know right??!!!!

smykhaisouk
01-10-2011, 07:46 PM
im guessing its from varicose veins that i got from when i used to work at a job that requires me standing for about 6-8 hours straight. that was 2 years ago but i never recovered since.

Boostedtaco
01-13-2011, 11:19 PM
I have a EX CMC, if you wanna buy it from me. I'm local!!

btw - what didn't you like about the exedy stage 1 and ACT fly? i have a exedy stg 1 and F1 fly in the box waiting to be put in.

smykhaisouk
01-14-2011, 03:50 PM
I have a EX CMC, if you wanna buy it from me. I'm local!!

btw - what didn't you like about the exedy stage 1 and ACT fly? i have a exedy stg 1 and F1 fly in the box waiting to be put in.

i ordered it 2 days ago!!! haha. i just never got used to the stiffer clutch pedal. as for performance, it grabbed really well and the light fly was fun but like i stated before, i just never modded my car enough to take advantage of it. the engine was stock and never boosted it liek i had inteded. i think you'll like it just fine though. oh get ready to here a lil clutch chatter while in neutral. i hear its common among aftermarket clutch kits.

talonXracer
01-14-2011, 06:14 PM
I have Zero clutch chatter. I also have a stage4 6 puc clutch and it is hardly any harder to depress than the stockie. I also have knee(4 surgeries and need more) and spine issues(5 herniated discs)

AKEP
01-14-2011, 06:35 PM
5 herniated discs

I'm so sorry...

MadLorEP3
01-14-2011, 08:17 PM

If you want to go with the EX master that works perfectly as well, and will hold up to the heavier spring pressure plates better(stg3+)

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/Mastercylinders.jpg

ok so if Im going boost and going with stg 4 cc 6 puck sprung I would be better off with the em2 CMC right? What year civic is this? Does it have to be EX? tnx

talonXracer
01-14-2011, 09:32 PM
An 03' em2 cmc will work. With that clutch be sure to add a washer underneath the throwout arm pivot ball, a standard 1/16"-3/32" washer will suffice, this will get the engagement point off the floor.

02TWSI
04-29-2011, 01:52 AM
Bumping an old thread here, also wierd that 3 guests are doing the same thing!

So the EX CMC part # is
46920-S5A-G05
Correct? That's all I need no custom bent bracket here and a washer there?
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2003&catcgry3=2DR+EX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=CLUTCH+MASTER+CYLINDER+%281%29