PDA

View Full Version : all new suspension

ginger
01-12-2011, 06:21 PM
im getting all new suspension under my ep as im going on deployment (cash flow) and its over due.
ive been slammed for a couple years now and its time to freshen up the chassis. im replacing everything from coils to bushings to ball joints and most of the tie rod ends and camber kits.

question is.
go back to oem everything or upgrade?
if upgrade to what and from where?

i use the car as my dd and it occasionally sees the track and mountain roads...
please let me know what u think i should do, i dont need a track set up as i have an eg6 for that.

Hasbro
01-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Wait till you get back, then decide.

civictype_r04
01-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Go back to OEM if you already have a track car....:shrug:

ginger
01-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Wait till you get back, then decide.

i want the car up and running when i get back so instead of it sitting there its getting alot of work done

ginger
01-14-2011, 11:34 AM
im thinking of energy suspension bushing kit, Buddy Club Racing Extended Ball Joints, oem tie rods, fuynction 7 lca and function 7 rear brace/ sway bar mount, with neuspeed 27 front 22 rear sway bars, and befier end links

im not sure on what coilovers to run?

can u think of anything im forgetting? and does this look like a decent setup?

im also doing wilwood big brake kit while there taking eveything apart...

omgheyitskenny
01-14-2011, 05:38 PM
im thinking of energy suspension bushing kit, Buddy Club Racing Extended Ball Joints, oem tie rods, fuynction 7 lca and function 7 rear brace/ sway bar mount, with neuspeed 27 front 22 rear sway bars, and befier end links

I went with Ksport Kontrol Pro's for Coilovers and I have to tell you I have never felt such a smooth ride on a lowered car. I'll show you if you ever come back to AZ ;)

ginger
01-14-2011, 11:27 PM
I went with Ksport Kontrol Pro's for Coilovers and I have to tell you I have never felt such a smooth ride on a lowered car. I'll show you if you ever come back to AZ ;)

ill be back late august. id love to take a ride in your car... i might just go with the k sport if u say there a good set up. i had them on my 240sx... liked them but it was a drift car so they didnt last long... um...

question tho. how low are u? and do they adjust for height only at the top, or do they adjust into the lower tube?

omgheyitskenny
01-15-2011, 01:42 AM
ill be back late august. id love to take a ride in your car... i might just go with the k sport if u say there a good set up. i had them on my 240sx... liked them but it was a drift car so they didnt last long... um...

question tho. how low are u? and do they adjust for height only at the top, or do they adjust into the lower tube?

I'm alright just trying to get the rest of money for k24 build :D. They adjust at lower tube. I was going to go with Tein SS but for during the month of Dec as a Christmas special I got them for $800 Brand new and well since Ksport is walking distances from where I live it was much better than waiting for shipping :D

Well funny story on how low I am. When I installed them and messing around adjusting height etc it still wasn't how I imagined it so I basically dumped it.. and now that its settled I'm stupid low and scrape everywhere. I can't even get my jack under it which is a fail and have no wood to drive the car on.

As of right now I measure 23 from bottom of the wheel to bottom of fenders. After I go get another jack tho I will be raising it. But remember I'm on 16x6 +40 205/50 not 15s like you ;)

The front does not look that low but believe it or not the bottom of the strut is almost at the axle boot
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5248/5352812798_03d803d602_z.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5008/5352203021_8f35daf82d_z.jpg

R34L-St4tus
01-15-2011, 07:24 AM
OEM! reason if you ever felt like selling your ep3, it'll worth more.

talonXracer
01-15-2011, 07:43 AM

I would not use the Wilwood kit for a DD, just go with the typeS 5lug, forget the BC RCA's and go with the Drivehard, cheaper and better.

The ES bushings are fine for the first 6 months to a year and then will require dis-assembly and re-greasing, if not they will generate tremendous slop.

Use the MOOG swaybar endlinks, they are far stronger and cheaper than OEM or ANY aftermarket endlink.

Forget the Neuspeed stuff, use the STOCK ep3 front sway with a 05' typeS rear sway.

There is only ONE coilover that I would recommend, Progress coilovers for the typeS. The Progress coilovers work PERFECTLY with the sway components I listed above.

If you want bling rear LCA's then just go with the Skunk2 parts. The rear lower brace/sway bar mount is absolutely worthless accept for bling.

Go onto CRSX and search out the guy who is selling the steering rack/tierod extension arm, and order one.

R34L-St4tus
01-15-2011, 07:52 AM
:yeahthat: