PDA

View Full Version : my ep is making a really odd noise?

03civichatch
01-13-2011, 11:29 AM
ok guys so when im driving straight i don't hear the problem but when i start going right just the slightest bit i hear this loud noise, the faster i am driving the louder the noise. my buddy who is a mechanic drove it and had no idea what it was or even how to describe the noise.

any help or knowledge would help me so much thanks guys

TXEP3
01-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Definitely gonna have to do better than that. Make an attempt at describing the noise... grinding, squealing, screaching, clunking, ticking, humming, or any combination?

03civichatch
01-13-2011, 11:55 AM
i guess more of a loud humming, comes from the front end passenger side

when i turn left there is no noise at all but slight wheel turn to the right at say 55+mph and its very very loud.

ace of spades
01-13-2011, 11:59 AM
how many lug nuts are holding your passenger front wheel on?

smykhaisouk
01-13-2011, 12:32 PM
that sounds like a wheel bearing. i had that on my front driver side. its not engine noise at all right?? cruising at speed in neutral, you can hear changes of noise while you steer left and right. ppl will tell you to jack up the car and see if the wheel has play but mine didnt and when i finally pull it out it was toasted on the inside.

TXEP3
01-13-2011, 12:49 PM
that sounds like a wheel bearing. i had that on my front driver side. its not engine noise at all right?? cruising at speed in neutral, you can hear changes of noise while you steer left and right. ppl will tell you to jack up the car and see if the wheel has play but mine didnt and when i finally pull it out it was toasted on the inside.

I concur. Also, I had a similar sitation on my other car that struck me as odd.. turns out i had little pebbles that got stuck in my tire tread just to the outside of the contact patch that would hit the road only when I turned the wheel at speeds. If your tread is clear I bet its the wheel bearing.

smykhaisouk
01-13-2011, 01:00 PM
^^^^^thats true. your tires alone can also make weird noises also. after i cleared the wheel bearing noise, i bought some used tires temporarily and they had flat spots that i didnt notice. as i get up to 30mph+ i'll get a noise that is similar to the a wheel bearing hummmmmm. check out the tires!!

omgheyitskenny
01-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Need more of a description your lug nuts could be lose tho ;)

03civichatch
01-14-2011, 12:56 PM
im not a total nooby guys :p but i know that it is not the tires, i have had this problem and have had 3 different sets of tires and 2 sets of rims on. its most noticeable at highway speeds. ill try to come up with a better description for all of you though

omgheyitskenny
01-14-2011, 05:14 PM
im not a total nooby guys :p but i know that it is not the tires, i have had this problem and have had 3 different sets of tires and 2 sets of rims on. its most noticeable at highway speeds. ill try to come up with a better description for all of you though

Hmm it will be very hard to try and figure it out on here since you can't describe the noise but where does it sound like its coming from?

03civichatch
01-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Hmm it will be very hard to try and figure it out on here since you can't describe the noise but where does it sound like its coming from?

sounds like its coming from the right front tire. i'll see if i can go for a drive with the camera and get a video so you guys can hear it

ImportCustomx
01-16-2011, 08:11 AM
im going to move this to suspension for right now, if the noise changes or you fix it..and it wasnt suspension please let PM me so i can move this thread to its approriate place.