PDA

View Full Version : Chameleon Paint Job ? Where to get ?

EP3PMG
01-13-2011, 11:43 AM
there's this rsx with his rims painted chameleon, looks sick i wanna try it out. but does anyone know where to get some?

TXEP3
01-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Xzibit does em for cheap I believe.

si03
01-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Just when I thought the Chameleon paint fad was fading :shrug: ......

cow
01-13-2011, 12:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uh3UjMjcPc

EP3PMG
01-13-2011, 01:17 PM
good one guys -______- i wanna try something out, no support :/

EP3PMG
01-13-2011, 01:18 PM
what color should i paint them then? i wanna do something different

TXEP3
01-13-2011, 02:18 PM
what color should i paint them then? i wanna do something different

Don't let the sarcasm deter you from doing what you really want. Ultimately it's your car so do what you want. Personally I think my buddy's neon green rims look pretty sweet. Different. Also I know a guy who had some desert camo vinyl on his rims that looked pretty sweet as well.

MugenReplica
01-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Don't let the sarcasm deter you from doing what you really want. Ultimately it's your car so do what you want. Personally I think my buddy's neon green rims look pretty sweet. Different. Also I know a guy who had some desert camo vinyl on his rims that looked pretty sweet as well.

Agreed. I've never saw an Ep3 with any of DuPont's Chromalusion (or other brands) line of color changing paints.

smykhaisouk
01-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Xzibit does em for cheap I believe.

hahaaa pimp my ride?? or GAS? whatever it is. what kind of color are you looking for?? something bright and exotic or something dark and stealth looking?

EP3PMG
01-13-2011, 07:14 PM

you're right nigga fuck that i wanna do it, i wanna do a dark green/purple changing color. the one i saw was perfect i just don't know where to get them or even what color paint to ask for

ep3colin
01-13-2011, 07:17 PM
i thought chameleon paint was uninsured by insurance companies because if you get in an accident the whole car would have to be resprayed for the chameleon paint to look right

EP3PMG
01-13-2011, 07:21 PM
i thought chameleon paint was uninsured by insurance companies because if you get in an accident the whole car would have to be resprayed for the chameleon paint to look right

no dude i'm not painting the car i'm painting the rims!

heyvortek
01-13-2011, 09:16 PM
u can get spray paint and do it yourself. i did it before and it turned out real nice. wish i had pics to prove it...unless u wanna go it aurora or watever then thats a whole different process..

EP3PMG
01-13-2011, 09:34 PM
u can get spray paint and do it yourself. i did it before and it turned out real nice. wish i had pics to prove it...unless u wanna go it aurora or watever then thats a whole different process..

yeah dude but where can you get the paint and whats it called?

heyvortek
01-13-2011, 09:58 PM
advance auto paint section. its really hard to find. its called mirage or something of that nature. i found 4 cases of it and bought them all...hope that kinda helps

sleepy ep3
01-13-2011, 10:54 PM
you're right nigga fuck that i wanna do it, i wanna do a dark green/purple changing color. the one i saw was perfect i just don't know where to get them or even what color paint to ask for

I think this post explains why he wants the rims to be painted purple and green chameleon

Tortoise
01-14-2011, 02:37 AM
Check out our vendor speedstar racing(ssr). His aurora coating will turn out better than that 90s rap video paint.

ShadowEP3
01-14-2011, 10:38 AM
theres actually a car here on my school campus with that sort of paintjob..changes colors with the sun and stuff

it looks blackish from far..but then up close you can notice the colors
i personally dont like it..but itd be interesting to see it done on wheels

SIisaLowRydaEP3
01-14-2011, 02:35 PM
id be interested in seeing it done on wheels i agree its overkill on the whole car tho